BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

New unedited footage shows British pensioner taking machete swipe at Thai man

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Well after seeing this video footage, the Thai clearly started it by blocking the farang from passing him.

Then the stupid old bugger was 100% in the wrong for threatening the Thai with the machete.

Then striking him with his car, silly old sod deserves to be jailed, and his license revoked.

The blocking happens at 1:44 after the cars collide at 1:37 in the video, but at 1:35 a piece of the video is missing, the part that shows what lead to the collision.

I cant' really see the editing, but I see it this way

Actually there is a bit of a glitch & then you see the Thai driver nudging the Brit

1st - The Thai guy tries to cut him out on the out side when turning into Soi

2nd - The Thai driver goes to the trouble of overtaking pickup (carrier ) putting on coming traffic at risk

3rd - Then you see the Thai driver pull over & then cut back in between the pickup (which he just over took ) & the Brit

4 th - The Thai was giving the finger

5th - The Thai was in the middle of making another death defying manouver & had to get out of the way of on coming traffic & there was no where to go & no doubt expected the Brit (or driver ) to stop or move which would of caused him to have an accident

The rest we know

1 hour ago, robblok said:

There are still some people saying the farang is not so bad and its his advanced age that caused it all.

If a tool like that runs me over and threatened / uses a machete on me like that there is a good chance I would have punched him too. No matter his age.. if your stupid enough to run someone over and use a machete to threaten and even take some swipes at someone. Then you should not be surprised if the person gets angry and takes it out on you. 

He is lucky he only got punched.. just imagine the posts here if it was a Thai doing this to a farang.. but now farangs come out of the woodwork to protect this guy. Just accept he is scum and his age.. pff act your age if you want respect. If you act like a fool expect to be treated like one. 

You've gotta remember who you're talking to here, Rob.

Those disingenuously focusing on the "honour" behind the punch and the slim chance that the moron could've been killed by it do so for two reasons.

Firstly, they desperately need to maintain the delusion that they, as old, white men in Thailand, are the epitome of good behaviour, respect for the law (outwardly, at least) and sage life experience.

Secondly, they have an intrinsic disdain, dislike and disrespect for the Thai people as a whole.

As you correctly pointed out, if the story had been about a Thai man swinging his machete at a white man's head, the issue of initial provocation would be the furthest thing from the minds of forum posters. On the contrary, it would be a forum bloodbath, everybody and the dog would be getting posting holidays for insults aimed at Thailand and it's people and those who avoided suspension would be demanding the imposition of a life sentence without trial.

This better quality video, however, removes all doubt and shows the a-hole pensioner up for what he is........a hot-headed, homicidal, lying douche who, IMHO absolutely must be jailed before being tossed into a cargo hold and shipped off to Britain the very instant he's served his time.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

The blocking happens at 1:44 after the cars collide at 1:37 in the video, but at 1:35 a piece of the video is missing, the part that shows what lead to the collision.

No matter what happened, there is no excuse what so ever for the farang to take a machete to him, or drive at him with his car.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

No matter w3hat happened, there is no excuse what so ever for the farang to take a machete to him, or drive at him with his car.

Agree with you Collin

By doing what he did he took it to another level all together, where as if he just tied to get a cop or ring the wife to do something (speaking Thai ) it would of all been in his favor 

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No matter w3hat happened, there is no excuse what so ever for the farang to take a machete to him, or drive at him with his car.

Totally agree. And there is no excuse what so ever for the Thai to drive his car into the farang's car and later block the path of the farang...

1 minute ago, DurianBreath said:

Totally agree. And there is no excuse what so ever for the Thai to drive his car into the farang's car and later block the path of the farang...

Yeah because the two wrongdoings are so closely-matched in terms of severity, aren't they?

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

Yeah because the two wrongdoings are so closely-matched in terms of severity, aren't they?

Severity is not the issue. Was it ok for the Thai to drive into the farangs car on purpose?

Just now, DurianBreath said:

Severity is not the issue. Was it ok for the Thai to drive into the farangs car on purpose?

He didn't drive into the farang's car on purpose - he was in front of it. He hit the brakes causing a collision, yes but that doesn't compare to the farang's deliberate attempt at decapitation with a machete and then deliberate attempt to run the Thai man over.

So, yes, I'm afraid severity is an issue.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

There are still some people saying the farang is not so bad and its his advanced age that caused it all.

If a tool like that runs me over and threatened / uses a machete on me like that there is a good chance I would have punched him too. No matter his age.. if your stupid enough to run someone over and use a machete to threaten and even take some swipes at someone. Then you should not be surprised if the person gets angry and takes it out on you. 

He is lucky he only got punched.. just imagine the posts here if it was a Thai doing this to a farang.. but now farangs come out of the woodwork to protect this guy. Just accept he is scum and his age.. pff act your age if you want respect. If you act like a fool expect to be treated like one. 

Your narrow concern is in advancing the notion that violence is ok in some circumstances where there is provocation, and one can take the law into one's own hands if one thinks fit.  This was revenge pure and simple, carried out by a dangerous individual (albeit against a total nutter).

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well after seeing this video footage, the Thai clearly started it by blocking the farang from passing him.

Then the stupid old bugger was 100% in the wrong for threatening the Thai with the machete.

Then striking him with his car, silly old sod deserves to be jailed, and his license revoked.

Agree I certainly looks like the Thai started it. Why a break in the film at 1.35.

I don’t want to make excuses for the farang, but maybe, after living here many years, he was concerned/worried what the Thai might do, when he was forced to stop.

Having said that,it would have been wiser to have just stayed in his locked car, and hope the Thai would be satisfied with approaching his car,and just shouted his mouth off.

7 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

He didn't drive into the farang's car on purpose

I think he did at the junction at the beginning