New unedited footage shows British pensioner taking machete swipe at Thai man

rooster59

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My conclusion after watching both sets of videos is:

The British man should be charged with at least assault, imprisoned, and then deported when he has finished serving his term.

The Thai man should be charged with battery and imprisoned for at least six months.

Having watched the video it is clea that the Thai person was the agitater however the Englishman should have just ignored it instead he get out a machete and loses the plot . He has live in the Kingdom to know that you do not get involved in skirmishes with Thais you will never win you only have to witness an accident and they come from knowwhere and all claim they witnessed what happened. I hope this incident can be resolved by some agreement sending the old codger to the slammer will kill him :(

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I think I can sum that up by saying that is a pair of total A Holes in action. Neither of them should be allowed on the road and the farang definitely deserves some jail time for that incredibly stupid performance.

Jail time, and deported, never to return.

20 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well after seeing this video footage, the Thai clearly started it by blocking the farang from passing him.

Then the stupid old bugger was 100% in the wrong for threatening the Thai with the machete.

Then striking him with his car, silly old sod deserves to be jailed, and his license revoked.

No Colin. Not so. The Thai attempted to pass the vehicle in front, but could not do so because of oncoming traffic, and backed off. The farang then wanted to ovrtake, as did the Thai. probably the Thai moved out a 2nd time without checking his mirror.

19 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

rule of the road

just let it go

I am only just trying to practice this 

Same..I get so frustrated at the complete idiocy on the roads so I've just learned not to worry about it (and to drive a lot more defensively).

Air con on, turn up some nice music and sabai sabai..

It's just not worth it.  

If you look good , you see a rare fonemen..... 

the ghost of the Thai-man  takes possession of the body of the farang !!!!!

And the farang-ghost hides in the body of the Thai.

From that moment every thing evolves naturaly.........thai with machete looses control and almost overruns the farang ,who only cares for the well-being of his car .

Once back in their car ,the ghosts switch again ......witch explains why the Thai hit the old one ,while standing in front of a police-man.

So now it is already a lot clearer,isn't it ?

I knew there was a simple explanation.

Zwei-stein  

20 hours ago, nev said:

Same as what I was thinking, lucky the guy was not carrying a gun as we might be commenting on a dead farang.

I would not be sorry about that either, and would be a clear case of self defence.

What a jerk to be carrying around the machete, with the obvious intent of using it to do harm. I will be very concerned if he is allowed to remain in the kingdom.

His wife can go back home, or wherever, remarry, and give her daughter a better future. 

11 minutes ago, akirasan said:

Same..I get so frustrated at the complete idiocy on the roads so I've just learned not to worry about it (and to drive a lot more defensively).

Air con on, turn up some nice music and sabai sabai..

It's just not worth it.  

Wise to limit one's use or the horn too as Thai's react badly to someone honking at them. To warn off an accident, a quick beep but don't lay on the horn or you'll be causing the offender to lose "Face"

This is what you get when two A-holes collide. For the most part A-holes roam around unhindered as most law abiding good natured citizens suffer these fools and their abject stupidity. But occasionally these garden variety tools collide with one another resulting in a spectacular explosion of "how not to behave".  Pretty much what happens when electrons collide when splitting the atom...What a bunch of chops! All puns intended.

Actually watching this, it seems a case of a young Thai Bull meeting his match in a 77 year old man LMAO. Its clear who actually started the provocation. The Thai guy by driving like a complete <deleted>. Arguably they should both be made examples of by the law by punishing their conduct to the full extent of it.

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well after seeing this video footage, the Thai clearly started it by blocking the farang from passing him.

Then the stupid old bugger was 100% in the wrong for threatening the Thai with the machete.

Then striking him with his car, silly old sod deserves to be jailed, and his license revoked.

No!! Treat him same as everyone else - Pay 500bht fine and 'wai' many times to the other party. :whistling: :smile:

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

i do agree with you , i think there both as bad as each other jail them both and take both there license away.

"It is no shock that he is running around with a machete". Same same as many Thai drivers! 

I am not excusing him for what he did but some need to take off their rose coloured spectacles regarding carrying dangerous weapons.

The big mistake the Brit did was to take the offensive. Now, under the two tier system of justice, he may pay a heavy penalty.

2 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i do agree with you , i think there both as bad as each other jail them both and take both there license away.

Don't agree that common assault (the punch) is any way NEAR as bad as attacking with a machete.  5 years (maybe suspended) + deport for the idiot farang and fine the Thai yob.

When I drive I EXPECT Thais to drive like 12 year olds and I am amazed when they signal or are courteous in any way. 

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

My conclusion after watching both sets of videos is:

The British man should be charged with at least assault, imprisoned, and then deported when he has finished serving his term.

The Thai man should be charged with battery and imprisoned for at least six months.

all this deporting shxt its like being at school with you lot., yes they were both wrong and they both should be punished. end of story 

The Thai guy was driving like a tool he didn't need to keep braking.

He probably could see a old farang driving and thought he would get away with it.

I bet he got a shock when he found out he was an absolute fruit cake with a knife. 

Both at fault but the pensioner gets the crazy prize.

4 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

The Thai guy was driving like a tool he didn't need to keep braking.

He probably could see a old farang driving and thought he would get away with it.

I bet he got a shock when he found out he was an absolute fruit cake with a knife. 

Both at fault but the pensioner gets the crazy prize.

Something in the water there in Pattaya? :shock1: 

18 hours ago, nontabury said:

Agree I certainly looks like the Thai started it. Why a break in the film at 1.35.

I don’t want to make excuses for the farang, but maybe, after living here many years, he was concerned/worried what the Thai might do, when he was forced to stop.

Having said that,it would have been wiser to have just stayed in his locked car, and hope the Thai would be satisfied with approaching his car,and just shouted his mouth off.

This is an unbelievable victim attitude.

I suppose as a farang you always gotta hide in the locked car, take all the crap and venting the Thai wishes to give you Then drive on happily?

Whereas if it was a farang who will say one word to a Thai, then expect to be dragged out, hit to the ground

And possibly expect another 3-4 Thais to join in an kick you in the head until death?

Wow i know we have limited rights here. But if your gonna be like that just Dont drive at all.

I have known 4 thais men who have cars. 1 have a bamboo pipe, 2 have machette and 1 guy have a gun.

As all thing here with farang we know it aint a level playing field SO dont play

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes quite agree. Okay so the Thai driver was playing silly road games but that is no reason for the old chap to do what he did. If that is the limit of the guy's tolerance level then he ought not to be driving at all.

9 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

This is an unbelievable victim attitude.

I suppose as a farang you always gotta hide in the locked car, take all the crap and venting the Thai wishes to give you Then drive on happily?

Whereas if it was a farang who will say one word to a Thai, then expect to be dragged out, hit to the ground

And possibly expect another 3-4 Thais to join in an kick you in the head until death?

Wow i know we have limited rights here. But if your gonna be like that just Dont drive at all.

I have known 4 thais men who have cars. 1 have a bamboo pipe, 2 have machette and 1 guy have a gun.

As all thing here with farang we know it aint a level playing field SO dont play

Just have a dash camera that films front and back as good insurance in case of trouble.

Archived