New unedited footage shows British pensioner taking machete swipe at Thai man

rooster59

19 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

The Thai guy was driving like a tool he didn't need to keep braking.

He probably could see a old farang driving and thought he would get away with it.

I bet he got a shock when he found out he was an absolute fruit cake with a knife. 

Both at fault but the pensioner gets the crazy prize.

uve made my day thank you im still laughing :cheesy: fruit cake :cheesy:

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well after seeing this video footage, the Thai clearly started it by blocking the farang from passing him.

Then the stupid old bugger was 100% in the wrong for threatening the Thai with the machete.

Then striking him with his car, silly old sod deserves to be jailed, and his license revoked.

There is no excuse for road rage. Anger on the road is deadly. At the beginning of the footage you can clearly see the Honda Biro drives along the left hand side of already turning traffic doing a right turn at the intersection. From the left side position, the Honda driver  then is trying to force his way into the stream of traffic in front of the Nisan to which the Nisan did not yield. The Honda had to slip behind the Nisan. If you watch the footage from that point forward the Honda appears to stay calm but then, the Honda looks like it might have scraped the Nisan whilst doing a very dangerous over take hell bent on squeezing in between the Nisan and the car in front. from that point the guy in the Nisan could have marked the incident up as being an angry experience and let it go, " isn't hindsight a  wonderful thing" but the footage shows a different outcome. Yep the Aussie/Brit got it all wrong from that point......  and yes that type of very dangerous road rage requires the law to address that type of behaviour severely; if jail is the answer then so Beit 

At 1:33 it looks like the Thai is flipping his middle finger out of the window. I guess the Farang had probably dared to use his horn, as a comment to his reckless driving.  Then the Thai drives unneccessarily slow to provoke the Farang and then stop his car obviously to seek confrontation. Both should be charged with assault and road rage and attempted murder. The Thais knock down of the Farang could have been equally deadly, to when he was hit by the car.

If any non-Thai person intends to drive anywhere in Thailand or Asia as a whole and expecting the same driving skills as your homeland then do not take to the roads. If you do choose to drive and believing a Machete is a likely form of protection then you are unintelligent. Always expect the worse as their rules are there are no rules.The stats indicate that there are allegedly 68 deaths PER DAY on Thai roads so therein lies a story! Drive carefully take your Meds and don't miss your Yoga Classes! Peace and Love!!

There is no excuse for road rage. Anger on the road is deadly. At the beginning of the footage you can clearly see the Honda Biro doing a right turn at the intersection from the left side position. the Honda driver was then trying to force his way into the stream of traffic in front of the Nisan to which the Nisan did not yield. The Honda had to slip behind the Nisan. If you watch the footage from that point forward the Honda appears to stay calm but then, the Honda looks like it might have scraped the Nisan whilst doing a very dangerous over take hell bent on squeezing in between the Nisan and the car in front. from that point the guy in the Nisan could have marked the incident up as being an angry experience and let it go. “isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing” but the footage shows a different outcome. Yep the Aussie/Brit got it all wrong from that point......  and yes that type of very dangerous road rage requires the law to address that type of behaviour severely; if jail is the answer then so Beit 

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well after seeing this video footage, the Thai clearly started it by blocking the farang from passing him.

Then the stupid old bugger was 100% in the wrong for threatening the Thai with the machete.

Then striking him with his car, silly old sod deserves to be jailed, and his license revoked.

Why the hell was the silly old bugger trying to pass him in the first place?.... he had nowhere to go..... it was a dangerous maneuver anyway with so many pedestrians or motorbikes likely to cross his path and all for what? to be stuck behind a truck instead.

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

How could he survive to the 77th year with an attitude like this in Pattaya?

One can get killed for honking the horn aggressively.

Two lunatics met on the road.

"One can get killed for honking the horn aggressively." it's why the farang needs to carry a machete.

well the Thai guy was most definitely looking for a fight, not happy that he wasn't allowed to cut in at the lights, his initial temper took him past the pickup almost colliding with a car coming the other way he then drops back behind the pickup so that he can carry on his car war with the old guy and doesn't allow him to go around so he definitely forced the confrontation. Unfortunately and perhaps out of fear the old guy over-reacted. Before condemning him to a life in prison try walking a few yards in his shoes, he is old and probably felt he could not escape the situation, he had tried a couple of times to escape the situation. I am not condoning the carrying of machetes, but it was in his boot, not under his driving seat. Whatever the conclusion of this event is it all goes to show that anger has no place on the roads and whatever you think about the old guys actions, young thai drivers are probably one of the most dangerous things out there. 

well the Thai guy was most definitely looking for a fight, not happy that he wasn't allowed to cut in at the lights, his initial temper took him past the pickup almost colliding with a car coming the other way he then drops back behind the pickup so that he can carry on his car war with the old guy and doesn't allow him to go around so he definitely forced the confrontation. Unfortunately and perhaps out of fear the old guy over-reacted. Before condemning him to a life in prison try walking a few yards in his shoes, he is old and probably felt he could not escape the situation, he had tried a couple of times to escape the situation. I am not condoning the carrying of machetes, but it was in his boot, not under his driving seat. Whatever the conclusion of this event is it all goes to show that anger has no place on the roads and whatever you think about the old guys actions, young thai drivers are probably one of the most dangerous things out there. 

“Probably felt he couldn’t escape the situation “ why not just pull over. Stop. Diffuse it “
It’s irrelevant where he kept his machete. The fact is he had one in his car and was willing to use it in a blink.......so you are condoning it.
Stop making excuses for him. He is charged with attempted murder and rightly so.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Its always too late to regret, but better late than never:..;)

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

20 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Secondly, they have an intrinsic disdain, dislike and disrespect for the Thai people as a whole.

Isn't it interesting, Thai Ron, that you can accuse me of drivel while posting it yourself? Generalization heaped on generalization.

There are many falangs here that can accept selfish behavior by Thai drivers on the roads is part and parcel of living here. We adjust to it, and apart from the  occasional expletive just ignore it.

My Thai GF and I have a competition in the car. I use the F-word, she says Khwai. The winner is the one who swears  less frequently in the day's drive. It's usually 50:50.

There are many falangs here that interact well with Thais and enjoy their company. There's a female caddy at the golf club where I play who has the most wicked sense of humor. She'd make a fortune as a talking head in any English-speaking country. Reminds me of Rita Rudner.

Back on topic, it's clear from the video the Brit is a total idiot who deserves jail and deportation. I've never said otherwise, despite your attempts to distort what I say.

Likewise, the Thai should do time for the coward punch. Not because he is Thai, but because it's a dog act which should not go unpunished. If he was a falang, my recommendation would be exactly the same.

You do show all the impartiality of the Spanish Inquisition. What's behind your hatred of elderly falangs? One of them humiliate you some time ago?

27 minutes ago, shackleton said:

The Brit has been in Thailand a lot of years 

should know how the driving Is here still no excuse for pulling a machete 

both deserve punishment his a bit more severe 

end of story

He threw a major wobbler and now he's going to pay for it.

In terms of the sort who populate Pattaya, as previously mentioned it seems to be the dregs.

Those who cut in line at the grocery store...

Shameful. :saai:

8 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Isn't it interesting, Thai Ron, that you can accuse me of drivel while posting it yourself? Generalization heaped on generalization.

There are many falangs here that can accept selfish behavior by Thai drivers on the roads is part and parcel of living here. We adjust to it, and apart from the  occasional expletive just ignore it.

My Thai GF and I have a competition in the car. I use the F-word, she says Khwai. The winner is the one who swears  less frequently in the day's drive. It's usually 50:50.

There are many falangs here that interact well with Thais and enjoy their company. There's a female caddy at the golf club where I play who has the most wicked sense of humor. She'd make a fortune as a talking head in any English-speaking country. Reminds me of Rita Rudner.

Back on topic, it's clear from the video the Brit is a total idiot who deserves jail and deportation. I've never said otherwise, despite your attempts to distort what I say.

Likewise, the Thai should do time for the coward punch. Not because he is Thai, but because it's a dog act which should not go unpunished. If he was a falang, my recommendation would be exactly the same.

You do show all the impartiality of the Spanish Inquisition. What's behind your hatred of elderly falangs? One of them humiliate you some time ago?

8 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

RE - Likewise, the Thai should do time for the coward punch. Not because he is Thai, but because it's a dog act which should not go unpunished. If he was a falang, my recommendation would be exactly the same.

Well, in general I would have been agree with you but in this particular case when we know what actually happened - when someone attacking you, your wife and your child with a machete by stabbing the car as a real maniac before he try to drive you down - well, if you do not manage to put your self in this situation and can imagine what a trauma this has caused then.....

10 points to the thai who didnt kick him after going down and as well that he made it to a 1:1 fight which is not common in Thailand...;)

Thai dude was just driving like a complete selfish  A-hole like about 25% of all Thais on the road. That's standard here and as much as I get pissed off at the way people drive here I don't chase people and I don't threaten them. I'll honk if they get close or do something stupid and came close to hitting me, but even that has gotten some of the other parties in a fit and then they try to intimidate me by slowing down in front of me  and doing stupid shit. 

I've said it before that many Thai men are like children in men's bodies.  

Archived