New unedited footage shows British pensioner taking machete swipe at Thai man

rooster59

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

Just out of interest what do people believe the outcome would have been if the Brit hadn't produced his machete? I'm guessing (from the way the brio was being driven) that he would have had his car kicked in and been assaulted quite badly himself. Lots of road rage in this event with nobody coming out of it smelling of roses.

A good question. The Thai guy forced all the traffic to drive slowly and eventually forced the foreigner to stop. He certainly didn't have good intentions and the machete may have saved the foreigner from a more brutal and possibly deadly assault. One could make a case that the Thai guy was lucky that the foreigner produced a machete.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Just have a dash camera that films front and back as good insurance in case of trouble.

In most other country it probably stop a guy assaulting you if he knowing he been on film.

But Thais??

This guy punched and old man right in front of a cop.nearly has to push past the cop to get the shot in FCS's

Good idea but i dont wanna watch footage of myself being cut up,shot,bashed till death.

will stick with my driver and the odd taxi even that is risk enough

7 hours ago, gamini said:

Pattaya really attracts the dregs of society.  It is the opposite of  everywhere else in Thailand.

I have seen a lot of weirdos up in Chiang Mai after living there one year. 

And we know about convicted sex offenders walking in the streets . 

5 hours ago, alien365 said:

Just out of interest what do people believe the outcome would have been if the Brit hadn't produced his machete? I'm guessing (from the way the brio was being driven) that he would have had his car kicked in and been assaulted quite badly himself. Lots of road rage in this event with nobody coming out of it smelling of roses.

Yes. I agree with you. Time and again we have seen farang beatings that are brutal, regardless of age, and even gender.  He drove aggressively, and dangerously, and fought that way too.  When the punch, which was always going to be thrown imo, finally happened, we then saw that he was brazen enough to return a second time.  And, given the opportunity, this would have happened earlier.  I believe him likely to be a very dangerous individual.

The farang is also very dangerous for slightly different reasons.

2 hours ago, Pacificperson said:

I feel bad for the daughter. If the old guy gets deported, the wife and daughter are going to be hurting.

If there's any heart in this man he will continue sending them money so I don't see that as a problem . 

50 minutes ago, balo said:

If there's any heart in this man he will continue sending them money so I don't see that as a problem . 

Judging by his temperament during this incident, maybe his wife would prefer he sends money from afar. He might be hell to live with and it's quite possible he bashes her.

49 minutes ago, tropo said:

Judging by his temperament during this incident, maybe his wife would prefer he sends money from afar. He might be hell to live with and it's quite possible he bashes her.

Agreed. He obviously has a very short fuse and very aggressive. Be surprised if he didnt abuse her in some way, shows many traits. Might be better long term as you say if he gets deported, he clearly ain't all the ticket. 

Over the years in my line of work , when I was working, I came across many older folk whose attitudes and minds work in a similar way , many because they do not like getting old and the restrictions it puts on them, their minds are still 40, while their bodies are ageing.

They become argumentative, bloody -minded, will not compromise and quietly eccentric in their actions, in short a nightmare to deal with and often coupled with that, abusive as well.

As we age, we should always be mindful of our situation, and here more so, whatever happens to this man, he should not drive again, obviously with his state of mind, any minor upset will trigger an adverse reaction mentally and God knows what he will do next.  

You must be joking tropo and khun Paul ?

One assume he beat on his wife and the others that say he dangerous,shouldnt drive etc.

Come on! The Thai guy start this and wouldnt let up. If it werent for his actions none of it would have happened.

The Thai guy had been forceing him to stop and he probably couldnt pull away as he end up in a dead end soi with no people around..and dead!

He did not know if the Thai had a weapon, but on history you would not want to gamble.

Sure the Brit could have handled it better, but this guy been in Thailand a long time.

He knew and have already seen what happen to a farangs if mix it with a crazy Thai. They just cant control anger even over a tiny issue.

Every Thai i know who drive carry some sort of weapon cause even they themself admit "there are to many crazy Thais"

Assuming he a wifebeater and dangerous tho.that really is a stretch even for you guys

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, hangdonger said:

Totally agree on that, two total muppets, but The Brit took muppetry to a whole new level.

Here we have a definite case of gone Tropo, been in the tropics to long needs some r and r in an asylum.

Stop the ageism baloney-  I can point out many people that I have worked with that were in their 20s and 30s that were arrogant; would not compromise; were argumentative and had odd ways of thinking.  I have found that older workers were always on time; accepted supervision and went with the flow and  placed the success of the company above their own needs.

The fact that this Brit was age 77 has no bearing on what he did and how he acted. The fact that the person who struck him was age 28 does not necessarily mean all people in his age group are hot headed and violent.

This thread has show so much bias and downright bigotry that I am wondering what type of upbringing and education level that has been achieved by some of the posters. Differences of opinion are no problem but downright bias and bigotry are detrimental to any type of fairness.

4 minutes ago, Keesters said:

The whole of Soi Kopai has double yellow lines down the center of the road meaning no overtaking. If people followed the law altercations such as this would not happen.

Read the Thai driving code. Lines on road for decoration only

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

The fact that this Brit was age 77 has no bearing on what he did and how he acted.

Nobody AFAIK said it definitely did but it MIGHT well have. Fact is,

If current trends continue and no action is taken, the number of people with dementia in the UK is forecast to increase to 1,142,677 by 2025 and 2,092,945 by 2051, an increase of 40% over the next 12 years and of 156% over the next 38 years.

Dementia UK: second edition, September 2014

But after all some aspects of age-related cognitive decline begin in healthy educated adults when they are in their 20s and 30s.

This thread has show so much bias and downright bigotry that I am wondering what type of upbringing and education level that has been achieved by some of the posters. Differences of opinion are no problem but downright bias and bigotry are detrimental to any type of fairness.

Agreed, countless bigots here, the meat-and-potatoes of the business after all. Ban the bigots and we'd have, what, maybe 20 posters left? But part of the old coot's problem may have been his own bigotry of the sort we see here all the time against Thais. Maybe had built up over years and suddenly exploded. Who knows? If he'd taken normal Thai culture to heart he would have acted much more passively.

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

Stop the ageism baloney-  I can point out many people that I have worked with that were in their 20s and 30s that were arrogant; would not compromise; were argumentative and had odd ways of thinking.  I have found that older workers were always on time; accepted supervision and went with the flow and  placed the success of the company above their own needs.

The fact that this Brit was age 77 has no bearing on what he did and how he acted. The fact that the person who struck him was age 28 does not necessarily mean all people in his age group are hot headed and violent.

Why do you not stop and think before opening your mouth or even typing, no-one has stated categorically that age is a factor, I politely pointed that I have known older people and lets face it although 77 is no age ,in the western world he is elderly , they do get frustrated and due to age related problems do not or are unable to grasp the whole situation as they did when younger, so any upset or perceived upset is reacted to, often incorrectly as in this case. I am sure this man when younger would probably have acted differently . That is a fact it is NOT Ageism nor Bigotry, just an honest take on the situation and based on facts, which you seem unable to grasp .  

The incident will eventually p[lay out either in the courts or a compromise will be made. But due to his reactions, I suggest that man no longer drives again for his safety and others. 

12 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

One assume he beat on his wife and the others that say he dangerous,shouldnt drive etc.

Come on! The Thai guy start this and wouldnt let up. If it werent for his actions none of it would have happened.

The Thai guy had been forceing him to stop and he probably couldnt pull away as he end up in a dead end soi with no people around..and dead!

He did not know if the Thai had a weapon, but on history you would not want to gamble.

Sure the Brit could have handled it better, but this guy been in Thailand a long time.

He knew and have already seen what happen to a farangs if mix it with a crazy Thai. They just cant control anger even over a tiny issue.

Every Thai i know who drive carry some sort of weapon cause even they themself admit "there are to many crazy Thais"

Assuming he a wifebeater and dangerous tho.that really is a stretch even for you guys

You obviously saw a different video to most of the rest of us! 

So, it was the Thai guy who ran to the back of his guy for a machete and attacked the foreigners car??? The Thai guy threatening with a machete, It was the Thai guy who drove like an idiot, sending him flying in the air and nearly causing very serious injury?

You come on! A sane person in charge of their faculties does not behave like this just because there is an <deleted> driver on the road. To totally avoid any issues and de escalate the situation, why didn't he just pull over until the guy had gone on his way. I have on the motorways - plenty of times!!!

However, if this old guy did this on British roads he would be charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, attempted murder, criminal damage, carrying an unlawful weapon and those are just for starters!

The pathetic attempted justification and argument that the Brit's actions could in any way be accepted by any sane person, let alone a court judge, because the other guy was ' driving like a prat ' is a misguided route trying to help a Brit at best, and pure stupidity at worst!

10 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

You obviously saw a different video to most of the rest of us!

Exactly, thats why he is the 'TingTing Touris't, I hope he doesn't drive a car, with people like him interpreting the driving regulations, its best we all stay home.  That road is a single lane both ways with SOLID yellow line - NO PASSING allowed, if it were broken yellow, pass with caution.

50 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Nobody AFAIK said it definitely did but it MIGHT well have. Fact is,

See this post, third para where he says he is 77 years old

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1006738-thaivisa-exclusive-“attempted-murder-as-australian-man-punched-by-thai-in-school-says he-is-really-british/?do=findComment&comment=12355804

Mr Paul look at your words- and your generalizations- you have some type of ageism stereotyping in your mind that people of a certain age are prone to fits of anger; that those who are elderly cannot be trusted to make proper decisions etc.  When you stereotype a persons because of a certain characteristic that you see- it is called prejudice and bigotry.  This board is filled with statements that it must be the Brit's age; he must be senile etc etc.  Wouldn't it just be that both of these people lost their temper and broke the law- no allusion to age or the fact that many consider Thais poor drivers or tht some people simply cannot adjust to Thailand.

You may want to think before you type and make general statements about people because of what you think . The World is awash in generalities none of which should apply to people because they are a certain religion; a certain race; a certain age; a certain skin color. Let's stop this kind of crap because it has nothing to do with anything that occurs. It's called bias.

5 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

I think you need to watch the video again. He did not take the machete from the back of his car for defensive purposes. In fact I am surprised that the damage to the car hasn't been aired, the nutter wasn't tapping on the window asking the driver to lower it for a meaningful conversation that's for sure.

You're the one making the assumptions here.

I clearly stated "quite possible". And it is quite possible that he bashes his wife. It's an unknown and not a certainty that he does.

Going by your rhetoric here it would seem you think it's an impossibility. Now I must say in reply: you must be joking.

You took it even further by suggesting he's not dangerous. Well, I disagree. Anyone who picks up a weapon in anger is dangerous and has the potential to do serious harm to other people.

Your avatar is perfect for you, because you must be ting tong making comments like you did in your post.

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

This thread has show so much bias and downright bigotry that I am wondering what type of upbringing and education level that has been achieved by some of the posters.

What has upbringing and education got to do with bigotry? I've met quite a few well-educated bigots...

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

You're the one making the assumptions here.

I clearly stated "quite possible". And it is quite possible that he bashes his wife. It's an unknown and not a certainty that he does.

Going by your rhetoric here it would seem you think it's an impossibility. Now I must say in reply: you must be joking.

Do you bash your wife, tropo? I can have a guess if you like, because it is "quite possible"...

Archived