Good car repair shop in Surat

orlov

Hi guys really need your help. My car's engine seized on a drive back from Surat Thai to Pattaya last Friday (only got about 15 mins up the road) and now stuck in a Toyota repair shop back in Surat 300 metres down from Diamond Plaza hotel.  Basically the car had a water leak but the temperature gauge gave no warning, so it overheated. They want ludicrous sums of money to repair and say it will take two weeks. I had to fly back to Pattaya sans car. My question is: does anybody know of a local, maybe family run, repair shop that can do the repair for a reasonable price and within a few days.  I know there is a way to free the engine which sometimes works by pouring in penetrating oil and leaving it for a day and then sometimes the engine can be cranked and a change of piston rings is all that's required. But whether this works or not any good repair shop is going to be cheaper and hopefully quicker than Toyota.    

Yes, my wife's cousin has a very good garage in Suratthani. We send both our cars to him and I've always been happy with the work and cost. No, he doesn't give us discount :)

PM me your contact details and I'll see if we can come up with a plan. I take no responsibility for any negative outcome though, as you've already seized your motor.

IMG_20171022_080424.jpg

IMG_20171022_080354.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 8:04 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Yes, my wife's cousin has a very good garage in Suratthani. We send both our cars to him and I've always been happy with the work and cost. No, he doesn't give us discount :)

PM me your contact details and I'll see if we can come up with a plan. I take no responsibility for any negative outcome though, as you've already seized your motor.

IMG_20171022_080424.jpg

IMG_20171022_080354.jpg

I need a auto accessory shop in Surat or Don Sak, which will instal car seat covers. Got a  quote for 24k, which seems a bit steep, especially if they were to use cheap fabric. Dream Car (doesn't do this work) also looking for a stone deflector for the car hood. tks.

Archived