What in the hell are they thinking?
They must be totally brain dead.
On the beach:
No eating
No drinking
No smoking
What is next???
No swimming????

Or sunbathing in bikinis could be on the list!

2 hours ago, thhMan said:

Less skin infections from the dog pooh on the sand and human pooh in the water cant be a bad thing.

Maybe all the laws are to prevent people from all the nasties on the beach/sewer?

Maybe to prevent the beach from people the way they are going!

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

same as USA. Everything on the beach in California is banned.

parking in some areas is 600 baht.

you can eat and drink non alcoholic beverages.

beaches closed after dark.

no swimming without lifeguard.

in Southern California beaches are patrolled after dark by police with FLIR night vision mounted on top of their vehicles to locate and arrest anyone on the beach.

same in many other states. exceptions are a few camp sites on beaches.

consuming alcohol anywhere in a public place in illegal.

Europeans are not used to such totalitarian regimes.

2 hours ago, petedk said:

I know this isn't every beach yet but that is what I predicted when they banned the sale of alcohol. The next stage would be a complete ban of alcohol. I am sure other beaches will soon follow.

I can't see this being enforced though. I go to a small beach south of Pattaya (Baan Ampur) and in the evenings there are hundreds of Thais sitting on the beach eating, drinking whiskey and smoking.

It isn't only tourists that will be hit but also locals enjoy a drink and a smoke on the beach.

You are right, but think of this, who will get get their fines from, thais or tourists, this country is becoming more and more against tourists than ever before. Good luck. 

8 hours ago, Gunnar Horpestad said:

Hurrayyyyyyyy for stupidity
On the beach:
No eating
No drinking
No smoking
What is next???
No swimming????

No lying down?

4 minutes ago, Top man said:

You are right, but think of this, who will get get their fines from, thais or tourists, this country is becoming more and more against tourists than ever before. Good luck. 

No, no, no - the people who put up that sign are very keen on tourists. They stand to make lots of money from tourists, at least until word gets out and they stop coming...

3 hours ago, khunano said:

Returning to my home country after many years in Thailand I will become a potential tourist. Though I'm not quite sure whether I will want to spend my vacation time in a country where I'm not even allowed to choose what kind of drink I can enjoy on my beach chair. Cheers!

Did u forget? The beach chairs were the first to be banned.........................:smile:.

Everything is now against the law BUT nothing is enforced!

Booze is openly sold on Pattaya beach, people smoke, illegal hawkers sell, etc, etc, etc....

Essentially EVERYTHING will eventually be against the law in Thailand but laws will be selectively used

Money, money, money......

6 hours ago, wirat69 said:

What do you drink on the beach if it isn’t Chang or Leo... some unhealthy sugary drinks?? Get real... remember that fish sh*t in the water!!

Get real?  Hmmm.

You think that the only thing that people drink on a beach is beer and that the only beers drunk on the beach are Chang or Leo?  Good heavens, you have my sympathy.

You also seem to be suggesting that Chang and Leo are healthy drinks compared to whatever sugary things you have in mind!  Have you ever heard of drinking water, tea, coffee, fresh fruit juices (Thailand grows a lot of fruit), I've heard that some people drink those.

But next time I'm thinking about drinking sea water I'll bear your sensible reminder in mind, thanks for that.

9 hours ago, Gunnar Horpestad said:

On the beach:
No eating
No drinking
No smoking
What is next???
No swimming????

so Australians and new Zealanders are stupid too! Booze  on the beach is banned there!

13 hours ago, Gunnar Horpestad said:

On the beach:
No eating
No drinking
No smoking
What is next???
No swimming????

You're probably right given what is seem floating in the water.:wai: 

Archived