No smoking? Now Hua Hin police get tough with beach booze ban

webfact

This mentality of banning the general populace from doing 'stuff' because a few spoil it is lazy in the extreme. 

Instead of adequate enforcement of those littering etc innocents are being targeted based on the behavior of the lowest common denominator. 

We had the same issue in my previous condo - we were not allowed to drink a beer by the pool !!! I was shocked... G&T in a sports bottle - no issues because they couldn't tell. 

What they really meant was no 'drunk and disorderly behavior by the pool' which of course impacted the residents who were prevented from having quite & relaxed parties with a beer and a few friends....  

These daft rules are just an extension of this...  removing discretion as that is too hard, it makes people think !!!... and applying blanket regulations which often impact innocent people.

There is nothing wrong with drinking at a beach - there is everything wrong with littering at a beach (or anywhere else)... the two are not mutually exclusive and enforcing as such indicates just how stupid those making these decisions can be. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this article caused quite a stir in Hua Hin and it appears to be FAKE NEWS.  People have searched for this sign but nobody can find it.  The Centara know nothing and neither do the police!

Several people have pointed out flaws in the picture leading many to believe it's PHOTOSHOPPED.

Someone is having a laugh.  TV were fooled by it but were not the only ones.  Credibility of news items here gets a hit.

On 10/19/2017 at 4:26 AM, kiwikeith said:

Just cut up a watermelon, pour a bottle of gin or vodka over it freeze it then drop the cubes into your tonic.

I wasn't asking for a way around the law, or a recipe, I was commenting on someone else's post but, anyway, do you really think that your suggestion makes alcohol on the beach legitimate?

On 10/19/2017 at 3:08 PM, richard_smith237 said:

We had the same issue in my previous condo - we were not allowed to drink a beer by the pool !!! I was shocked... G&T in a sports bottle - no issues because they couldn't tell. 

What they really meant was no 'drunk and disorderly behavior by the pool' which of course impacted the residents who were prevented from having quite & relaxed parties with a beer and a few friends....  

These daft rules are just an extension of this...  removing discretion as that is too hard, it makes people think !!!... and applying blanket regulations which often impact innocent people.

I've been to a lot of places where drinking is illegal, but tolerated if it's discreet and not abused.  In Bangkok, as well, though I'd rather not mention the venues for obvious reasons. 

It's hard to come down on drunken idiots if they can claim that they're allowed to drink.  Easier to ban drinking and then come down on those who abuse it.  Then there's no argument about what constitutes idiot behavior.

That's assuming this whole thread isn't based on a windup.

Edit:  On an aside, I'm 100% in favor of banning glass containers on the beach and around swimming pools.  Alcohol or not.

Archived