Air pollution at Rayong ?

donywhite

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, beachproperty said:

The Beach......with the south east winds blowing any pollution that Map Ta Phut has to offer inland. Study done by Bangkok Hospital confirms this!

southeast or southwest?...sorry I am a bit of a stickler for detail

4 hours ago, torrzent said:

southeast or southwest?...sorry I am a bit of a stickler for detail

The months from around May to the end of October have a rainy monsoon from the south-west, and from November through to March it's the cooler mostly dry north-easterly monsoon coming down from China. To the west of Maptaphut there isn't much noticeable pollution, which by those winds is generally blown inland or out to sea.

I have had life-long susceptibility to asthma, but living in Banchang I only really have a problem if I get a chest infection, which is only about once a year, and when that happens I've found that it's best not to delay taking antibiotics. In the tropics, if you're not careful, infections can get out of control very quickly.

12 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Much of the pollution in and around Rayong City is caused by heavy, slow-moving traffic.

Nothing like Bangkok traffic :shock1:.....actually the traffic moves pretty good compared to Bangkok. I've lived here in Rayong City for 10 years and have NEVER seen "heavy, slow-moving traffic" :smile:

33 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

Nothing like Bangkok traffic :shock1:.....actually the traffic moves pretty good compared to Bangkok. I've lived here in Rayong City for 10 years and have NEVER seen "heavy, slow-moving traffic" :smile:

- except, perhaps when Sukhumvit is blocked on Saturdays and Sundays by the muppets trying to get in to Laemtong. But in general, I agree, Bangkok is far more poisonous, followed closely, weekends at least, by Pattaya.

10 hours ago, beachproperty said:

Well.....the winds generally come from the South and go in an easterly direction....but sometimes we get south west winds ....and then there is even the Northerly winds.

come from the south and go in and easterly direction????so you mean southwest winds....see the other post on Northeast/southwest monsoons.....I would not want to ask you for directions....

29 minutes ago, torrzent said:

come from the south and go in and easterly direction????so you mean southwest winds....see the other post on Northeast/southwest monsoons.....I would not want to ask you for directions....

We aren't discussing Monsoons...........Nothing wrong with my directions......seems you have a comprehension problem

"Because winds are named for the direction from which the wind is blowing, these winds are called the northeasterly trade winds in the Northern Hemisphere and the southeasterly trade winds in the Southern Hemisphere. The trade winds of both hemispheres meet at the doldrums."

7 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

If you have asthma.....why are even considering Rayong?

As one project I used to work on tanks in Rayong. Project manager. Asthma has nothing to do with it. Hard air pollution. It will kill anything. Not worth the money to live in direct smelling or by winds. 

21 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

As one project I used to work on tanks in Rayong. Project manager. Asthma has nothing to do with it. Hard air pollution. It will kill anything. Not worth the money to live in direct smelling or by winds. 

Hi friends, i heard there is a lot of pollution at Rayong because of the chemical industries, i have asthma so i'm a bit worry. Is there any place to avoid to leave ? Where is the best area to live please ?

Thanks a bunch !

From the OP

Not sure what you are talking about.

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

If you follow the news, there are quite a few "incidents" in Rayong.  I've got a friend who works at the local hospital in a rapid response unit.  Many incidents never make it to the news, especially the English news.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Rayong-chemical-plant-closed-following-chlorine-le-30181449.html

3 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Wind statistics for 8 years from this link.

https://www.windfinder.com/windstatistics/rayong

The east coast tends to favor W-SW winds. Hence Pattaya, the "west wind". Thai place names always mean something.

For what it's worth, I've flown along the east coast from Bangkok down to Satthahip. A continuous blanket of yellow-brown pollution all the way. Discouraging for clean air enthusiasts. 

11 hours ago, beachproperty said:

We aren't discussing Monsoons...........Nothing wrong with my directions......seems you have a comprehension problem

If you don't understand the meaning of 'monsoon' - a seasonal wind - perhaps you have a comprehension problem.

14 hours ago, beachproperty said:

"Because winds are named for the direction from which the wind is blowing, these winds are called the northeasterly trade winds in the Northern Hemisphere and the southeasterly trade winds in the Southern Hemisphere. The trade winds of both hemispheres meet at the doldrums."

Nice try and no need for the ad hominem attack!  In the geographical area you mention, these are not trade winds at all ...but monsoon generated winds (southwest for roughly 9 months and Northeast for roughly two.)  To paraphrase your link, "Because winds are named for the direction from which the wind is blowing,"...therefore the winds from the southwest are called southwest winds........If these were southeast winds as you say, they would be blowing offshore! I hope this wasn't too complicated for you. A bit of homework for you before you come back and post again, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsoon 

2 hours ago, Wim1954 said:

Once again there is no polution at Mae Ramphung beach Rayong.

I didn't say there is. The wind from any southerly quarter is going to blow whatever emanates from the Maptaphut industrial area away from the beaches and towns near them. And the north-easterly wind which kicks in after the next week or two will blow it all out to sea.

On 19/10/2017 at 6:26 AM, beachproperty said:

Study done by Bangkok Hospital confirms this!

You refer to a study. So it would be a good practise to also add link to this study so that everybody can check this!

Ban Chang area, west of Maptaput,  ( Rayong is east ) 95% or more of the time has the wind blowing from Ban Chang through Maptaphut in the Rayong direction.

On a few days a year it does come the other way and you get a whiff of Maptaphut but it doesn't last more than a day at a time.

So most of the time it's coming from the south west and heading north east.

14 hours ago, NanYar said:

You refer to a study. So it would be a good practise to also add link to this study so that everybody can check this!

Since when is a hospital a weatherstation ?

14 hours ago, NanYar said:

On 19/10/2017 at 6:26 AM, beachproperty said:

The Beach......with the south east winds blowing any pollution that Map Ta Phut has to offer inland. Study done by Bangkok Hospital confirms this!

On 22/10/2017 at 1:39 PM, Wim1954 said:

Since when is a hospital a weatherstation ?

@Wim1954

I only refer to post #2. It has nothing to do with a weatherstation! Nowadays in times of fake news people claim so much without stating a source... ?

Archived