Suspected German pedophiles arrested in Pattaya

snoop1130

4 hours ago, mark01 said:

But they do get the wrong people sometimes and also the "accuser" is sometimes "accusing" for dubious reasons.

Can't comment on this case but it has happened before and an innocent man's life was torn apart after being named on Thai media.

That's soo right. In Thailand, as in many other countries, a suspicion is enough to detain people and they have to prove their innocence.

In many other countries you will be detained for the same suspicion, but that's to prove guilt. 

In the meantime the 2 have been convicted by the Thai media. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am most surprised to read that officials from the German Embassy in Bangkok were also present in Pattaya during the arrest.

I personally would be shocked to find out that officials at my embassy would even answer there telephone at that time in the morning, let alone do anything to try and help me.

I think this is a big feather in the cap for all Germans here in Thailand.

34 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

That's soo right. In Thailand, as in many other countries, a suspicion is enough to detain people and they have to prove their innocence.

In many other countries you will be detained for the same suspicion, but that's to prove guilt. 

In the meantime the 2 have been convicted by the Thai media. 

In fairness, the Thai media have mentioned it's ongoing and to standby for updates. It's Thaivsia that has them convicted, and some members are already discussing prison terms.

4 hours ago, hansnl said:

Yes, they do.

An accusation is enough to destroy a guy's life, even if innocent.

Happens quite a lot.

And the ladies making the accusations go scot-free.

You are so right!

I recall a story about one of our local School Bus Drivers back home who was accused of sexual assault by two 14 year old girls. They were the last 2 on his route and they said he stopped before they got dropped off, and he forced himself on them by making them do sexual things to him, and touching them in certain private places.

Based on this evidence the Police charged him with Sexual Assault. He immediately lost his job as a School Bus Driver and being quite a small community, and a highly publicized case, he was not able to find another job. His court costs also ruined him financially and he found himself in huge debt. This also resulted in the breakup of his marriage and a Divorce soon followed.

This case dragged on for over a year as he pleaded not guilty to any of these charges. It was only after a year of questioning the witnesses, that one of them finally broke down and told the truth. She said it all started when her and her friend were fooling around and being loud in the back of the bus and the Bus Driver told them to sit down and behave themselves, or he would report them.

She then said her and her friend didn't listen to this Bus Driver, so when they arrived at school he went to the Principal and reported them. Which got both of them in trouble. She said as an act of revenge, her and her friend made up this story to get even with him. But that it had gone too far now and for that she was sorry. Her friend also admitted after that this this was all true.

So Yes, they do make mistakes. They seem to always take the word of the so called victim even if the accused says he didn't do anything. If they had other evidence to back this up, then I could understand the arrest. But if all you have if somebody else's word of mouth, then I think you should tread very slowly.     

I am most surprised to read that officials from the German Embassy in Bangkok were also present in Pattaya during the arrest.

I personally would be shocked to find out that officials at my embassy would even answer there telephone at that time in the morning, let alone do anything to try and help me.

I think this is a big feather in the cap for all Germans here in Thailand.

Has it not occurred that it is a possibility that it is the Embassy that has passed certain information to the Thai police from the German government?

This could well be the reason that they were present at the arrest otherwise, yes, it would be highly unusual for them to be in attendance as it would for any other Embassy.

I cannot see any other reason for them being there. It is not unusual this type of co operation between countries for the mutual benefit of good relations and trust.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

You are so right!

I recall a story about one of our local School Bus Drivers back home who was accused of sexual assault by two 14 year old girls. They were the last 2 on his route and they said he stopped before they got dropped off, and he forced himself on them by making them do sexual things to him, and touching them in certain private places.

Based on this evidence the Police charged him with Sexual Assault. He immediately lost his job as a School Bus Driver and being quite a small community, and a highly publicized case, he was not able to find another job. His court costs also ruined him financially and he found himself in huge debt. This also resulted in the breakup of his marriage and a Divorce soon followed.

This case dragged on for over a year as he pleaded not guilty to any of these charges. It was only after a year of questioning the witnesses, that one of them finally broke down and told the truth. She said it all started when her and her friend were fooling around and being loud in the back of the bus and the Bus Driver told them to sit down and behave themselves, or he would report them.

She then said her and her friend didn't listen to this Bus Driver, so when they arrived at school he went to the Principal and reported them. Which got both of them in trouble. She said as an act of revenge, her and her friend made up this story to get even with him. But that it had gone too far now and for that she was sorry. Her friend also admitted after that this this was all true.

So Yes, they do make mistakes. They seem to always take the word of the so called victim even if the accused says he didn't do anything. If they had other evidence to back this up, then I could understand the arrest. But if all you have if somebody else's word of mouth, then I think you should tread very slowly.     

And this story and many other  similar ones are why you couch detectives out there should not jump to conclusions.  It is quite outrageous that these 'alleged' paedophiles have been named and shamed at this stage.  By all means do so when there is some actual evidence and they are convicted and if this occurs, I hope they suffer, mentally, physically and in whatever way possible, for being the scum they are.  However, before that happens, do not judge them.  It could be you one day, innocent as a new born lamb, but deemed guilty by your ignorant, judgemental and ill-informed peers.

6 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Has it not occurred that it is a possibility that it is the Embassy that has passed certain information to the Thai police from the German government?

This could well be the reason that they were present at the arrest otherwise, yes, it would be highly unusual for them to be in attendance as it would for any other Embassy.

I cannot see any other reason for them being there. It is not unusual this type of co operation between countries for the mutual benefit of good relations and trust.

Yeah! I suppose you are right as it does make more sense.

But I still question why they would be there for the arrest even if they passed on certain information. To do what?

Yeah! I suppose you are right as it does make more sense.

But I still question why they would be there for the arrest even if they passed on certain information. To do what?

Well if the German government has got involved, they would be there to report back to their bosses at the German foreign office which are in charge of all foreign consulates and Embassies.

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

So you're saying that if they have samples to compare with that's enough to make them guilty.

Strange logic.

So you came to that conclusion on my post despite me quite clearly stating "guilt or innocence"

Strange logic.

4 hours ago, saakura said:

So two wrongs make a right? Or how do you know the Thais, if involved, are not arrested in due course? You seem to be bitter that these pedos have been arrested.

There are a few like that on this forum. It's happened on a number of threads where Paedos are mentioned. Their  default mechanism is always to defend them unless the accused is Thai of course. 

I have no doubt TV has  a lot of undesirable sickos hidden away anonymously, who now and again rear their heads and let their guards down. 

If found guilty so be it, BUT I wonder why a killer is not immediately arrested (as were these two) but allowed to flee the country? Can only guess that these are farang and the other Thai and rich? :whistling:  No lesser crime in either case.

Certainly highlights the hypocrisy of the Thai 'justice' system, yet the 'authorities' fail to acknowledge (or turn a blind eye), to that injustice.

5 hours ago, oxo1947 said:
9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Special Investigations and Pattaya police arrested the men at two houses in the Naklua area of Pattaya at 10.30am on Thursday morning Oct 19.

Officials from the German embassy in Bangkok were also present.

That's a first..I think,

I had not heard of embassy official's being present (I take it to represent their nationals) in any other case.

Just as well they weren't British, you would have a hard job getting anyone from that Embassy to leave the Coffee shop / Bar...especially on a Friday.

That does seem highly unusual and you would think that if German officials were present it would be photo-worthy.

8 hours ago, oldgent said:

for all you pedos out there there,s no smoke without fire, police just don,t go around 

arresting men without some cause

Am all for the harshest possible treatment of child abusers - harsh enough to set all the bleeding hearts atwitter I assure you - but it's thinking like yours that fuels witch hunts.  And in a xenophobic fervor, the "cause" you're refer to might be nothing more than having managed to pi%% off some local motivating them to drop a dime.   'Don't see what harm would've been caused by waiting for at least some actual evidence before naming names.  We're not allowed to name names here, why should the concept be so different for the BIB?

11 hours ago, mark01 said:

But they do get the wrong people sometimes and also the "accuser" is sometimes "accusing" for dubious reasons.

Can't comment on this case but it has happened before and an innocent man's life was torn apart after being named on Thai media.

for me, unless the evidence is so blatantly obvious, i tend to presume that an individual is innocent if they are accused of a crime in thailand, especially with allegations of this nature...thailand is a country that bathes in human trafficking...and parents/police/officials have no honor when it comes to protecting children/women...it is not unusual or rare for a woman/husband/parent to accuse someone of rape simply to get a payout from the accused...farangs here are an easy target for extortion...so until these guys are proven to be guilty, it's not only reasonable but necessary to assume they are innocent.  the fact that every institution in thailand supports/condones trafficking and prostitution draws a certain type of man here, so it is tempting to presume guilt...

10 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

That's a first..I think,

I had not heard of embassy official's being present (I take it to represent their nationals) in any other case.

Just as well they weren't British, you would have a hard job getting anyone from that Embassy to leave the Coffee shop / Bar...especially on a Friday.

Or They were identified by German Law Enforcement as pedophiles, and placed under surveillance - then finally caught after gathering evidence.  There's more to this story then we are being told at the moment - of course they are innocent until proven guilty, but me thinks, the evidence is there  -  or the German embassy would not have been invited to 'come along'    If found guilty, let them rot for the next 25 years in a Thai Prison.

11 minutes ago, mikebell said:

The cause is money. The police only have to say it's so and you're guilty.  No proof necessary.

Man,  your resent dealings with the police has affected your outlook

on the police and Thailand,  thats understandable,  maybe if it happened again you would handle it a bit different , maybe not.

But all your posts are just anti everything.

Let it go,   if you don't it will just consume you and your life here.

Don't take this the wrong way.

But it's time to move on. :jap:

14 hours ago, kandi said:

Doesn't matter, his name is already out there and forever connected with this stuff. Even if he's innocent, he's never going to clear his image ever again. Thanks to Thai media and TV for doing the same.

That's why in Australia they cannot name them, not until they have been convicted in the court.  If they are related to the child, they will never be named in order to protect the child's identity.:wai:

12 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

What's surprising is the few arrests made of kiddy diddlers. It's common knowledge that there is a huge number of pedos in Thailand. Unfortunately most of these come from Europe and the U.S. This isn't personal. The record speaks for itself. Pedos must face the full wrath of the law!

Any proof that most of them come from EU or US?

I heard rumors that there's brothels with trafficked underage girls from myanmar, laos, cambodia, Bangladesh etc catering to thai men only.

I would imagine that it mirrors to normal sex industry in that its much larger for thai men

15 hours ago, kandi said:

Doesn't matter, his name is already out there and forever connected with this stuff. Even if he's innocent, he's never going to clear his image ever again. Thanks to Thai media and TV for doing the same.

people will forget the names soon, especially Thais. I haven't seen anybody with notebook in the streets comparing foreigner's names with so called pedophiles or other criminals

17 hours ago, Nemesis7 said:

Why its hurting some viewers? If the news is correct he should be exposed and get punishment period. It seems any damn news about African, Asians, Indians, Arabs some of the readers cant control their temptations of writing silly comments,

And you surely believe that the comment you made was well thought over. I find it rather silly, actually.

And then throw this born loosers in jail for 67 years if the accusations show substance to be true.

3 hours ago, hobz said:

Any proof that most of them come from EU or US?

I heard rumors that there's brothels with trafficked underage girls from myanmar, laos, cambodia, Bangladesh etc catering to thai men only.

I would imagine that it mirrors to normal sex industry in that its much larger for thai men

There is another thread running now where a Pedo has been caught trying to do a runner. Lol . No awards for guessing where hes from. Listen fella. Every country has its share of local kiddy diddlers. We are talking about transnational pedos. Those are mainly white, European, American and Australian. It's not personal! Google SE Asia pedophiles and it's all over the internet! 

18 hours ago, mark01 said:

Yes, I remember an old guy in hua hin that had a business rival. Suddenly some kid turns up and said he was abused. He got many years in prison. Later the kid recanted and admitted being paid by the rival. The man lost his final appeal. the judge said he could not be sure if the kid was telling the truth or not. 

Yes, I remember an old guy in hua hin that had a business rival. Suddenly some kid turns up and said he was abused. He got many years in prison. Later the kid recanted and admitted being paid by the rival. The man lost his final appeal. the judge said he could not be sure if the kid was telling the truth or not. 

More like the Judge wasnt prepared to admit the Thai courts got it wrong.

Archived