Biopsy cost

InMyShadow

I don't know what such a biopsy will cost, but Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and Bumrungrad in Bangkok have contact forms on their website where you can ask such questions. Phyathai 2 near Victory monument usually replies too and maybe the least expensive option. Expect a reply within 2-3 days from those hospitals.

Would not recommend Bangkok Hospital in BKK at Phetburi Road though.

BNH and Samitivej Sukhumvit are less likely to reply to any such inquiry (all from my own recent experience).

I don't know what such a biopsy will cost, but Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and Bumrungrad in Bangkok have contact forms on their website where you can ask such questions. Phyathai 2 near Victory monument usually replies too and maybe the least expensive option. Expect a reply within 2-3 days from those hospitals.
BNH and Samitivej Sukhumvit are less likely to reply to any such inquiry (all from my own recent experience).

Thanks for this, I will send them an email. Buningrad is expensive buy first class but then again it's hardly a big operation.

1 minute ago, InMyShadow said:
11 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

Thanks for this, I will send them an email. Buningrad is expensive buy first class but then again it's hardly a big operation.

better use the contact-form on their website (Bumrungrad and BKK hospital Pattaya), not sure if a regular email will produce a quick reply. From what I remember, the Phyathai 2 - website had a special email address for English speakers. Should be easy to find as me myself found it too

Cost will  vary enormously depending on the hospital and a private hospital will be 3-5 times more than a government hospital withouut necessarily being any better medically, though definitely more convenient.

I am curious as to how it is that you know you need a biopsy but not the cost. If a doctor told you a biopsy is needed surely he would also have been able to quote a price ?

If you are assuming on your own that  because there  is a lump there needs to be a biopsy, this is not necessarily the case. Nor is it the case that if biopsy is needed it would be biopsy of that location. Most lumps under the arm are enlarged lymph nodes and the workup would focus not on there but on the parts of the body drained by that lymph node to see if there was a current or recent  infection somewhere else (usual cause) , or a malignancy somewhere else that might have spread to that lymph node. Priimary cancers of lymph nodes exist (lymphoma) but usually there would be more than one enlarged node.

If it is not an enlarged lymph node but rather a more superficial lesion  that too would not necessarily need biopsy. Sebaceous cysts and blocked sweat glands are common in that area and usually can be diagnosed without biopsy.

Several years ago I had a lump in my armpit  Went to Vibhavadi Hospital, saw a dermatologist.

He ask if I use a deodorant or an antiperspirant, I replied, the latter.  He then said that's most likely the problem, gave me a batch of pills to take, don't remember what they were.  He said antiperspirants may tend to clog pores , which then may swell.  After a shot time, a couple weeks, perhaps, the lump disappeared.

Since then I've used only deodorants.

Mac

Archived