Marriage And Visa Non Immigrant O

I am 35 and from France. I planned to get married with my thai girl friend soon. I currently live in Thailand (seeking for a job) with my 60 days tourist visa which will expire on february 27th. The extension will allow me 30 more days in Thailand.

After getting married, I will ask for a non-immigrant O visa. Does it makes a difference to ask it during my 60 days visa or the extension period ? If I have to do it during a Visa on arrival period, I must leave the country and get it in a consulate, true or untrue ?

Then, with my 90 days stay from this non immigrant O visa, how can I stay in Thailand if we do not have the 40k in the bank per month ? Do I have to leave the country (and go to a consulate to ask for 90 more days) or does an extension is possible ?

Thanks for your help.

No extension of stay is possible without proof, over a three month period, of 40k per month family income.

No change of visa is possible without meeting requirements for extension of stay - but that office is still using old criteria so if you had 400k in a bank account here in your name you could probably do it - but cost is 2,000 baht and would be a one time deal.

To obtain a visa outside of Thailand will require marriage certificate and perhaps copy of wife ID card and you may be able to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa which allows stays of up to 90 days for a one year period and with an exit/entry every 90 days or less can cover up to a 15 month period.

No extension of stay is possible without proof, over a three month period, of 40k per month family income.

No change of visa is possible without meeting requirements for extension of stay - but that office is still using old criteria so if you had 400k in a bank account here in your name you could probably do it - but cost is 2,000 baht and would be a one time deal.

To obtain a visa outside of Thailand will require marriage certificate and perhaps copy of wife ID card and you may be able to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa which allows stays of up to 90 days for a one year period and with an exit/entry every 90 days or less can cover up to a 15 month period.

Hi Lopburi

First of all thanks for the sound advise in helping me acquire my non imm. O early this month.

I have my certified letter of income from the embassy and 3 months proofs of income along with all other documention required for extension. I will be going for this late February, but doesnt this raise questions from immigration about why the money comes here ?

Your letter from your embassy and the supporting documents you will provide immigration will answer the question. But above was a question about the old bank deposit method where there is no embassy paper or pay vouchers.

I heard from a friend that the immigration at jomtien, accepts as proove for the 40k monthly income, when you show bank receipts for the last 3 month getting 40k from outside country. Is this true? I not believe what he tell me, because everybody here says letter from embassy or tax receipt.

When this is really true it should be easy to get a extention of stay for people not have regular income but enough money in bank in their home country. They only need to send 40k from their bank in their country to their bank account in thailand.

If you are talking about deposit receipts from foreign wire transfer type items I expect that would be accepted as proof but not sure an Embassy letter would not also be required. As we have not yet had a publication of new requirements from immigration, at least that I have seen, we are really working in the dark.

Hello need some help i am working right now in Malaysia but will be stationed in thailand next month for the rest of the year.

what do i all need for a multiple visa for a year and whats the best way to get it?

i am dutch but was not planning to get back to the Netherlands for this any people have expierence with applying visa in KL?

a letter from the company i will work for is no problem and will be issued,

money wise no problem have a thai bank account and enough income, i am married to a thai for 2 years now but this is the first time i am going to work in Thailand.

so a bit of help would be nice :o

If you have 40k family income I would just obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa using marriage certificate and signed copy of wife ID card to obtain in Malaysia. When you get to Thailand extend your stay using proof of 40k family income on a yearly basis. You can obtain a work permit using the O visa so working will not be a problem.

If you have 40k family income I would just obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa using marriage certificate and signed copy of wife ID card to obtain in Malaysia. When you get to Thailand extend your stay using proof of 40k family income on a yearly basis. You can obtain a work permit using the O visa so working will not be a problem.

thx for the quick answer lopburi3 the income proof salary slips from the last 3 months is that enough?

the marriage cert. do i need a translated one at this moment only have the original one in thai?

thx for all the help! :o

Thai should be fine. I believe for extension you may need an embassy letter to go with the pay slips but there was a post today that seemed to say otherwise. But you have plenty of time and you would not extend until you were in Thailand for 60 days in any case.