Football and how are you watching it?

ZeVonderBearz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITV shows the England matches, including friendlies, and those are available via HD Prime, Teatimetv.to and firstonetv.net (you can register (free) to reveal BT and Sky Sport - only one channel of each - on that last one and it takes quite a while to load). HD Prime shows all the usual UK channels plus all the Sky and BT Sport channels for 380 a month, together with dozens of movies and tv series. It's pretty reliable but I've only used it for footy - pre and after match PL chat and for Sky Sports News.

23 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

My club, down in League 2, offer a way to watch everyone of their games online via a service called iFollow, though at £110 a season it is fairly pricey for the quality of football on offer! I'm not sure if all clubs offer this service but could be worth looking at if you're trying to follow a particular team in the championship. 

Don't talk to me about quality of football. I'm with Leyton Orient.

Orient 2.jpg

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I believe the authorities raided ExPat TV, arrested and jailed those involved and took away the servers. That's what can happen when you supply an illegal service and how you lose money if you subscribe to it.

True/Bein is great and at a very reasonable price, but I also use a similar service as ExPat TV but pay monthly as True pre-and after match chat is in Thai only, and there is also playback on many channels. HDPrime. That's pretty reliable and if one server is playing up you can switch to another easily.

Yes well I had no idea they were illegal and have lost my pre-paid 12 month advance. Anyway shit happens and as I loathe TrueVisions rubbish service I need news/footie and maybe some movies but they aren't all in one place it seems.

With Pulse one gets English commentary for all games shown and that includes some of the championship  games such as this weeks Ipswich v Norwich and the game that was on last friday night and it has a 24 hours call look back. Watched the All Blacks live lost to Ausy on sat live one also gets the RFL from ausy or the Warriors from N.Z. 

My other question has not been answered yet re are the Movies on demand Free  or one has to pay for them/ on  IPTV Services along with their Tv Series shows?

Pulse has free movies such as the last one I watched was the war for the planet of the apes along with Dark Tower and Spider man homecoming and the latest Mummy MOVIE all free along with shows such as  better call Saul3  Game of thrones 7  and many more all included with their monthly or yearly payment plan

and if you can still not get enough then just add Netfix 

3 minutes ago, whiteman said:

With Pulse one gets English commentary for all games shown and that includes some of the championship  games such as this weeks Ipswich v Norwich and the game that was on last friday night and it has a 24 hours call look back. Watched the All Blacks live lost to Ausy on sat live one also gets the RFL from ausy or the Warriors from N.Z. 

My other question has not been answered yet re are the Movies on demand Free  or one has to pay for them/ on  IPTV Services along with their Tv Series shows?

I'm going to check out Pulse right now - maybe it does offer the news/sport/movie mix I'm after.  I wonder if I can use my old 'ThaiExPatTV box'. 

A friend suggested he would download some apps onto that box (Minx) so i can get 'free' IPTV (he says). So maybe better to get a Pulse Box if I go that route.

No buffering/freeze issues?  I even get those issue sometimes on NetFlix with a 70mg download 30mg upload fast speed ISP.

21 minutes ago, whiteman said:

Pulse has free movies such as the last one I watched was the war for the planet of the apes along with Dark Tower and Spider man homecoming and the latest Mummy MOVIE all free along with shows such as  better call Saul3  Game of thrones 7  and many more all included with their monthly or yearly payment plan

and if you can still not get enough then just add Netfix 

Kodi and Covenant, previously known as Exodus, is all you need for movies/TV - available of Mac, windows,android. It's all free but there is the risk of getting caught illegally streaming, so maybe look into a VPN. Seeing as you can walk into one of the largest shopping malls in BKK and openly buy pirated content, I wouldn't worry too much about getting caught. Give it a Google If you're not sure about these things.

4 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

My club, down in League 2, offer a way to watch everyone of their games online via a service called iFollow, though at £110 a season it is fairly pricey for the quality of football on offer! I'm not sure if all clubs offer this service but could be worth looking at if you're trying to follow a particular team in the championship. 

My home town team offer the same (they are currently the 'strongest' team in league 1, holding all of the others up), for the same price, so I think its an EFL thing. Mind you, they are so bad its all I can do to watch the 2 mins. of official highlights on youtube each game!  

Does anybody use ACE/TV and think its good

I thought I would trail it for a month and my experiences of when I wanted to watch it  - the same as everybody else , the service has not been to good

Man U Liverpool game  -  got message to many connections, could not connect and when it did the connection dropped...........they claim ti was maintenance applied to their server   (could have been)   - this week they blamed the EPL and my ISP  provider and to use a VPN

First of all I could see the sport  this weekend  - but it dropped out after 5 minutes  - tried using a VPN and could get nothing  

If they do not sort the service out  -  I will start looking at the ones mentioned above

regards

Richard   

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

ITV shows the England matches, including friendlies, and those are available via HD Prime, Teatimetv.to and firstonetv.net (you can register (free) to reveal BT and Sky Sport - only one channel of each - on that last one and it takes quite a while to load). HD Prime shows all the usual UK channels plus all the Sky and BT Sport channels for 380 a month, together with dozens of movies and tv series. It's pretty reliable but I've only used it for footy - pre and after match PL chat and for Sky Sports News.

I get the cover page on hdprimetv.tv but it doesn't detail what you get for the subscription and can seem to get into any introduction page. Last thing I want is soaps, Dave, History, Yesterday, BBC4, Channel 4&5 would be nice.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of Filmon which I understand is good and not expensive. I had Expat before it got busted.

18 hours ago, whiteman said:

wounder I will ask again for 500 bhat do you also get   for FREE your on demand videos or does one have to pay extra on top of the 500 bhat >????????

VOD is included. Sorry for the late reply. 

18 hours ago, whiteman said:

wounder I will ask again for 500 bhat do you also get   for FREE your on demand videos or does one have to pay extra on top of the 500 bhat >????????

19 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I get the cover page on hdprimetv.tv but it doesn't detail what you get for the subscription and can seem to get into any introduction page. Last thing I want is soaps, Dave, History, Yesterday, BBC4, Channel 4&5 would be nice.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of Filmon which I understand is good and not expensive. I had Expat before it got busted.

If you register on the home page that will open the door to you. It's still a little complicated to join though. You have to look up the packages available (the 99 points for 380 baht one suits me), and then you have to buy True  Money scratch cards from 7-11 to that value and input the numbers to the value of the package and then go back and buy the package on the packages available page.

You'll also have access to 'the last things you want' but it isn't obligatory to watch them :smile:

8 hours ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

Ref the Bein Connect service for Bt200 a month....From what I understand is that Bein do not have a license to stream 3pm saturday games, so you will not be able to watch 3pm sat games through this service? Is that correct?

I think at the moment they are only allowed to show one 3pm K.O. (UK) game. They need to get their anti-piracy blocks sorted

8 hours ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

Ref the Bein Connect service for Bt200 a month....From what I understand is that Bein do not have a license to stream 3pm saturday games, so you will not be able to watch 3pm sat games through this service? Is that correct?

I took great delight in watching Huddersfield Town beat Man United on Saturday. Unless I'm mistaken that was a 3pm kick-off. Streamed perfectly on Bein Connect.

7 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

As above only 1 3pm game right now, which makes this deal a lot less attractive for newbies.

Yes, I understand. I wasn't aware. For me it's fine because I support Liverpool and we very rarely play at 3pm on a Saturday. At those times when we do, it'll probably be the game that gets shown. Kinda sucks though if you support a team that isn't well supported.

Actually, just checked the fixtures. Next Saturday Liverpool, Man City, and Arsenal are all playing at 3pm. It'll be interesting to see which game gets chosen. I predict Liverpool. We'll see.

25 minutes ago, Timbob said:

Yes, I understand. I wasn't aware. For me it's fine because I support Liverpool and we very rarely play at 3pm on a Saturday. At those times when we do, it'll probably be the game that gets shown. Kinda sucks though if you support a team that isn't well supported.

Actually, just checked the fixtures. Next Saturday Liverpool, Man City, and Arsenal are all playing at 3pm. It'll be interesting to see which game gets chosen. I predict Liverpool. We'll see.

beIN Sports Connect Thailand are advertising all three at the moment. Also on beIN Sports Thai 2, 3, & 1 respectively

As regards the main channels, 3pm games were shown on 1 to 4 last Saturday. The anti-piracy problems may just affect Arabian TV.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I think at the moment they are only allowed to show one 3pm K.O. (UK) game. They need to get their anti-piracy blocks sorted

They show three, although for some bizarre reason (this is Thailand after all) they do not list the other channels on their internet programme guide http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/tvguide?ln=en. Flip up the channels at 3 UK time though and the next-but-one and the one after (678 and 679) show live games. I keep thinking I'll phone them and ask why they hide them, but really what's the point. It would only end in tears and gnashing teeth. Next Saturday the main match is Liverpool/Huddersfield, but the others might well be on those other two channels.

Archived