Football and how are you watching it?

ZeVonderBearz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/10/2017 at 9:02 AM, Timbob said:

The site you looked at is probably for another region. Go here:

https://connect-th.beinsports.com/en

Thanks again for this link Timbob...........just managed to sign up for it using my Bangkok Bank Visa debit card, this after much trouble, phone calls and a visit to the bank!!

Seems I needed to have "activated" my card before it was accepted for the online purchase, however I have been using it at the ATM and at stores for years??? Anyway, fixed now so can watch games after the event!

4 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

So I have subscribed for the 200 Baht a month deal but can't get it to work on my tv's internet. I can open the website and change between tabs but it will not play live.

On my laptop it works fine, any ideas ?

Sorry, can't help you with that. I watch on the laptop. I leave the TV for the missus. 

I just watched Liverpool destroy Huddersfield - zero buffering, 100% up-time.

So I have subscribed for the 200 Baht a month deal but can't get it to work on my tv's internet. I can open the website and change between tabs but it will not play live.
On my laptop it works fine, any ideas ?

Run a hdmi from your laptop to tv.
Mine wouldnt work on my Android tv box but i can project my screen from samsung phone to samsung tv

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, banjoe said:

Run a hdmi from your laptop to tv.
Mine wouldnt work on my Android tv box but i can project my screen from samsung phone to samsung tv

I could do that but i prefer to use my laptop for other things while watching the football. I also downloaded the APP to my media box but that didn't play either.

I will try your phone suggestion, failing that a spare laptop seems to be my best option.

I could do that but i prefer to use my laptop for other things while watching the football. I also downloaded the APP to my media box but that didn't play either.
I will try your phone suggestion, failing that a spare laptop seems to be my best option.

Ive got it working on android tv box now. Go into play store and you will see theres an update for bein sports connect now.
Updated it and it works now

On 28/10/2017 at 11:03 PM, Timbob said:

Sorry, can't help you with that. I watch on the laptop. I leave the TV for the missus. 

I’ve subscribed but when I’m logged on and try to select a match on my iPad either through chrome or safari it warns me it’s best to view through the app but when I opt for that via the link the App Store says it isn’t available on uk iTunes Store. When I decline(cancel) trying to watch via the browser Safari then says it cannot open the page because address invalid even though I’m logged onto the home page. Chrome just sends me round in circles when I decline the app and keeps telling me to watch via the app I can’t get! So now I’ve paid and still can’t watch! I’ve tried doing it also with the vpn switched on selecting either thailand or uk server but no difference.

Any suggestions or others having issues through iPad or Mac?

53 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

I’ve subscribed but when I’m logged on and try to select a match on my iPad either through chrome or safari it warns me it’s best to view through the app but when I opt for that via the link the App Store says it isn’t available on uk iTunes Store. When I decline(cancel) trying to watch via the browser Safari then says it cannot open the page because address invalid even though I’m logged onto the home page. Chrome just sends me round in circles when I decline the app and keeps telling me to watch via the app I can’t get! So now I’ve paid and still can’t watch! I’ve tried doing it also with the vpn switched on selecting either thailand or uk server but no difference.

Any suggestions or others having issues through iPad or Mac?

I have an iPad but haven't used it for this. 

There's no need for a VPN. It's for Thailand only, so don't bother connecting to a UK server - it definitely won't work then. 

I assume you're running iOS v8.0 or above. Their FAQs state it will only work on one device at a time, so if you've connected on more than one then this could be the problem.

Maybe try and switch away from the UK iTunes Store so you can get the app. Google it. Probably a pain in the arse though, and just one reason why I'm getting an Android tablet next time.

On 31/10/2017 at 4:40 PM, Timbob said:

I have an iPad but haven't used it for this. 

There's no need for a VPN. It's for Thailand only, so don't bother connecting to a UK server - it definitely won't work then. 

I assume you're running iOS v8.0 or above. Their FAQs state it will only work on one device at a time, so if you've connected on more than one then this could be the problem.

Maybe try and switch away from the UK iTunes Store so you can get the app. Google it. Probably a pain in the arse though, and just one reason why I'm getting an Android tablet next time.

Indeed it would be a pain as it could lose me my uk apps. I solved the issue by logging in on my Mac desktop in the bedroom and chromecast to the tv although strangely the site wouldn’t work on safari,only chrome... But my experience may be useful to others. The site kept rejecting any number of uk credit cards despite having the facility.

it does work really well in the end but could have done without the hassle! 

16 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Indeed it would be a pain as it could lose me my uk apps. I solved the issue by logging in on my Mac desktop in the bedroom and chromecast to the tv although strangely the site wouldn’t work on safari,only chrome... But my experience may be useful to others. The site kept rejecting any number of uk credit cards despite having the facility.

it does work really well in the end but could have done without the hassle! 

Did your UK card work in the end? 

On 28/10/2017 at 11:03 PM, Timbob said:

Thanks to you I am able to watch matches "after the event" and the quality is good, and now that I have managed to subscribe with my Bangkok Bank debit card (after hassle as recounted before.......seems they don't like "foreign credit cards") I will get a subscription til the end of the season!!

Great stuff and thanks again.

43 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Thanks to you I am able to watch matches "after the event" and the quality is good, and now that I have managed to subscribe with my Bangkok Bank debit card (after hassle as recounted before.......seems they don't like "foreign credit cards") I will get a subscription til the end of the season!!

Great stuff and thanks again.

Thanks. But I can't take credit. I discovered this service myself after browsing another thread here on TV 5 or 6 weeks ago. 

Yeah, my UK credit card got declined. I have to use my girlfriend's Bangkok Bank debit card. 

17 minutes ago, Timbob said:

Thanks. But I can't take credit. I discovered this service myself after browsing another thread here on TV 5 or 6 weeks ago. 

Yeah, my UK credit card got declined. I have to use my girlfriend's Bangkok Bank debit card. 

Oh well............thanks to that poster as well!! 

• 4 months later...

Had BeIN connect for a little while now and I have to say, it's a great service and the customer support is fantastic. As the season comes to an end I'm starting to think about the World Cup. Does anyone know who will be showing it here in Thailand?

29 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Had BeIN connect for a little while now and I have to say, it's a great service and the customer support is fantastic. As the season comes to an end I'm starting to think about the World Cup. Does anyone know who will be showing it here in Thailand?

Will be on free to air (digital) channels so most will be able to watch it on Channel 3/7/MCOT etc. No idea whether dual languages will be available but those with decent IPTV can also watch using foreign feeds. beIN Sports have the rights as well so it might be available on Truevision packages.

4 hours ago, wilai said:

Will be on free to air (digital) channels so most will be able to watch it on Channel 3/7/MCOT etc. No idea whether dual languages will be available but those with decent IPTV can also watch using foreign feeds. beIN Sports have the rights as well so it might be available on Truevision packages.

The best thing about bein connect is the catch up facility. I can’t stay up until the early hours to watch a match so for example watching man city Chelsea at 7 a.m over my cup of tea not knowing the result is perfect. If this facility is available for the World Cup??.

1 minute ago, nchuckle said:

The best thing about bein connect is the catch up facility. I can’t stay up until the early hours to watch a match so for example watching man city Chelsea at 7 a.m over my cup of tea not knowing the result is perfect. If this facility is available for the World Cup??.

I would say that the overall reliability of the streaming is the best thing about Bein Connect. I've been using it all season and it's been pretty much perfect with no buffering. But yes, the catch up service is terrific. Although I've been annoyed a couple of times when I've gone to bed and awoken to find my team (Liverpool) are not on the catch up. So that part of it is not as reliable as the overall service.

I was back in the UK for 2 weeks recently and I really missed Bein Connect. I had to listen to the 3pm game on the radio. 

5 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Watchin' that one on catch up will probably put you straight back to sleep:wink:...IPTV will have catch up. Thai channels may show re-runs but you'll have to wait and look at daily schedules to see if they can squeeze them in between soap operas

55 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Yes the catch up is great. I watch most of the games using it as it's not possible for me stay awake. 

48 minutes ago, Timbob said:

I would say that the overall reliability of the streaming is the best thing about Bein Connect. I've been using it all season and it's been pretty much perfect with no buffering. But yes, the catch up service is terrific. Although I've been annoyed a couple of times when I've gone to bed and awoken to find my team (Liverpool) are not on the catch up. So that part of it is not as reliable as the overall service.

I was back in the UK for 2 weeks recently and I really missed Bein Connect. I had to listen to the 3pm game on the radio. 

I actually messaged Bein about some games not being available on catch up. They explained that it's due to licensing as they can only show upto 30 out of 38 games per team. So for Liverpool they'll probably drop a game against one of the mid table or the sure to be relegated teams. 

5 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Yes the catch up is great. I watch most of the games using it as it's not possible for me stay awake. 

I actually messaged Bein about some games not being available on catch up. They explained that it's due to licensing as they can only show upto 30 out of 38 games per team. So for Liverpool they'll probably drop a game against one of the mid table or the sure to be relegated teams. 

That makes perfect sense as the two recent games that were not on catch-up were against Swansea and Huddersfield, both 3am kick-offs here that I did not stay up for. I just assumed that whoever was in charge of uploading them for catch up had forgotten, so it's nice to know there was a reason. 

Although they were not available on catch up, they did replay one of these games at 10am the next morning. I already knew the result before noticing it would be replayed, but I did still get to see it. 

Thanks for the info!

I guess I'm in the minority here but I'm perfectly happy with the True package I have. I subscribed to True Internet which was faster and cheaper than the 3BB Internet I had before and came with an introductory 50% discount for the first six months. It included a free SIM card with a bunch of free minutes and Internet data per month plus a free True TV subscription. The free basic TV subscription only includes beIN Sports 4 but I only have to pay 199 Baht a month on top of that to get all 6 beIN sports channels. The box that came with the TV subscription has a DVR feature so by plugging in a USB memory device I can do both pause and rewind of live TV plus one-touch recording of programmes (including one-touch recording from the EPG).

Archived