Video: Are these cops kicking a man off his motorbike?

webfact

9 hours ago, Sydman1052 said:

That is attempted murder!

Rubbish.  The guy has failed to stop and if he's been dropped, bad luck. Do you know if there are laws that allow police to do this?  In Oz they have laws in place to protect police, who ram cars and other vehicles if they fail to stop. They also deploy road spikes to stop them and none of those actions warrant any type of charge.

Let's give the coppers their dues, don't worry about what the clown may have been up to, could have murdered someone and here you are calling out "attempted murder."  Have you ever stopped to think that being a police officer, you get up and go to work, never knowing if you are going to come home after your shift.  Bet you haven't.  It is easy to criticise from an armchair, maybe if you tried the job, then maybe you would have a different view.   :wai:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I thought the whole point of traffic police was to prevent such things without attempting to kill those they are pursuing. 

A few years ago, two morons on a council estate in Bristol elected to steal a POLICE motorcycle. They were pursued, but at a distance. But they still managed to crash the bike, fortunately killing only themselves. The police weren't at fault; the thieves only had themselves to blame, yet lo and behold, a number of the residents then decided to spend much of the rest of the night rioting.

8 hours ago, sinbin said:

Nah, they could have shot him.

This is NOT the Yewessofay!

Difficult to judge but he did appear to be going slower when they put in the boot so son nam na if it's the only way to stop him. The cops here don't have much in the way of alternative so good drills as far as I'm concerned.

Brits would have let him go as a Health and Safety issue!

6 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

A few years ago, two morons on a council estate in Bristol elected to steal a POLICE motorcycle. They were pursued, but at a distance. But they still managed to crash the bike, fortunately killing only themselves. The police weren't at fault; the thieves only had themselves to blame, yet lo and behold, a number of the residents then decided to spend much of the rest of the night rioting.

Yes accidents happen and I won’t shed tears, however kicking someone’s bike while it is motion is not a good idea. 

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I thought the whole point of traffic police was to prevent such things without attempting to kill those they are pursuing. 

So your solution would have been what exactly?

Plenty of people moaning about it but I've seen little alternatives in the last 5 pages. 

I don't think the video is from a dash cam unless someone unhooked it from the cradle as the video is <deleted>, however in my considered opinion the featured buffoon got exactly what he deserved, nothing nicer than seeing a miscreant getting his comeuppance for not observing the niceties of a civilised society, it wasn't too many months ago ( Okay it may have been longer, I've slept since then) that the BiB were lambasted for failing to catch a couple of crooks on a motorcy with gunfire from all sides and in the middle of BKK if I remember rightly.   

And Bluespunk, yeah they could've shot him but not as much fun as knocking him off :whistling:

Please don't reply matey as I was only joking :smile:

Just now, Psimbo said:

So your solution would have been what exactly?

Plenty of people moaning about it but I've seen little alternatives in the last 5 pages. 

I’d say they should bring in experts from other countries where they have better strategies, to advise and train. 

If the guy kicked down, was a wanted hard core criminal refusing to Stop,  one could :clap2:.....

If the guy just refused to Stop.....or was just fleeing by fear as he was a farang who left his ID and licence in the hotel ...or anything similar....it is attempted murder in many civilized countries..... :post-4641-1156693976:

But ultimately, it was perhaps a just big misunderstanding....:cheesy:

28 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

The jurisprudence in many European road laws put a responsibility on a third party involvement if an accident occurs.

One example that can leave many aghast:

A motorist stops at a pedestrian cross, makes a sign to a person to cross the road. The chap  crosses  but gets hit by a bike that overtook a truck (who had also stopped to enable the crossing). The pedestrian is killed. The supreme court ruled a level of responsibility to the first car who stopped and gave a sign to the pedestrian to cross, and considered  if a motorist makes a sign to a pedestrian to cross, it is in the idea that the motorist has done due dilligence to ensure the crossing was safe throughout !!!!

Same thing happend with a police chase many years ago, the car thieves crashed the car on hot pursuit by the police. The courts ruled that the cops had a high level of responsibility on pursuing the culprits who crashed the car and one was killed. I am not making any judgement, but at this rate, no cop will endager his career even to chase a convicted felon....

10 hours ago, simon43 said:

LoL, when I worked in Laos, that was the standard tactic used by the police to stop someone on a motorbike :)

..you think its funny !...how come they cant proceed by Summons ?...they got a description of the rider, helmet, clothes, body markings, description of the bike, registration..totally unjustified to injure the rider for whatever reason...they could easily have pulled across the front of him and forced him to a stop.

57 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Well, they could have shot him, I suppose.

But they chose the best of the two options by not shooting him............. 

Bluespunk Must think there was another option (as asking the king to pardon him or just tell him not to do it again)........ LOL..............

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Doesn’t negate the need for better strategies. 

For all your 31k posts, it's amazing how you're able to put on display a near complete lack of understanding for law enforcement. The cops doing this, including the videos of their actions being posted, is a deterrent to people disobeying cops when they're told to pull over for better or worse.

You've offered no alternatives, just aggrandize yourself with your perennial goofy self-righteous "so much more moral, above it all, as it might be, and everyone else on here" posts.

Time to get off the computer, son.

3 minutes ago, seminomadic said:

For all your 31k posts, it's amazing how you're able to put on display a near complete lack of understanding for law enforcement. The cops doing this, including the videos of their actions being posted, is a deterrent to people disobeying cops when they're told to pull over for better or worse.

You've offered no alternatives, just aggrandize yourself with your perennial goofy self-righteous "so much more moral, above it all, as it might be, and everyone else on here" posts.

Time to get off the computer, son.

I’m not your son. 

I have suggested getting experts from countries where the police have developed better strategies to advise and train the bib. 

Because kicking a bike isn’t a strategy, it’s just plain stupid. 

Oh yeah, you don’t tell me to use or not use the devices I post on. 

22 minutes ago, tandor said:
11 hours ago, simon43 said:

LoL, when I worked in Laos, that was the standard tactic used by the police to stop someone on a motorbike :)

..you think its funny !...how come they cant proceed by Summons ?...they got a description of the rider, helmet, clothes, body markings, description of the bike, registration..totally unjustified to injure the rider for whatever reason...they could easily have pulled across the front of him and forced him to a stop.

Opinions are like ar__holes.......... Everybody's got one....... AND MINE........ Opposite yours.............

I say, the police should 'protect' GOOD PEOPLE.......... And when you are running from the police instead of stopping...... You don't qualify as 'GOOD PEOPLE' and deserve your 'outcome'

"totally unjustified to injure the rider", You say .......... BULL Crap.............. But then you would 'justify' him racing on the roads to escape the police........... There is a lot like you around here and seems you are always being 'torn apart' after your comments..................  LOL...........

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

I’d say they should bring in experts from other countries where they have better strategies, to advise and train. 

That would be a lengthy pursuit whilst they awaited advice from other countries :cheesy:

47 minutes ago, tandor said:

you haven't been in Thailand for very long if you believe summons are effective in Thailand where most people don't even ride their own bike.

forcing a bike to stop with another bike is again totally unrealistic.

Archived