Two dead as Thai father shoots son-in-law then turns gun on daughter who was filming

webfact

2 hours ago, wow64 said:

He is at the temple now making merit. 

Thai justice system is very interesting he is out for 1 year then kills his own daughter. The rehabilitation must not have work very well. 

Wonder how much time he served for his prior murder conviction?

The article unfortunately doesn't say. But obviously, NOT ENOUGH!

BTW, stories like this make me really reassured to remember that the government has recently outlawed non-Thais possessing firearms. I'm sure the two dead folks here feel better as well... :sleep:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SpicyMeatball said:

I guess he thinks he still has something to live for (his precious land), otherwise he should have "turned the gun" on himself as well.

Should have turned the gun on himself to begin with if he was going get that damned Psycho.

I have a 12 year old daughter. The thought of harming her makes my blood boil.

Oh yeah, I have my .357 Magnum within arm's reach of me now.

The gun didn't do it. The Psycho did it.

Also an 11 mm handgun is a .45 for anybody wondering.

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I would like to see  much more money spent on alleviating poverty and disadvantage in the young, in this as in all other countries.   Give the young people the right start and tools  and if they subsequently screw up, they have no excuse to fall back on and neither do the liberals

Hmmmm,   that is nonsense....My own mother had bits of bike tyres nailed on her boots to go to school in, same as most kids from her era.....Strange how the majority didn't take up crime eh...eyes.gif.abfad7c3323442045f4c0bbe23ca7f86.gif

4 hours ago, kaorop said:

It doesnt really work anywhere, putting criminals all together just creates a 'a school for criminals'. Not that i have a better idea. This guy has to locked up for life. 

No, don't lock him up.  Why waste money.  Let the in-laws have him.

21 minutes ago, billsmart said:

11 mm? I never heard of an 11 mm pistol - or rifle. I just looked it up on the Internet, and there are such pistols, but I'd think they are very rare.

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Military side arm..

11mm = .433071 cal.

Would that be Napoleon's army or Washington's? Maybe General Custer? Let us know, please. :biggrin:

dear god

i just cannot fathom how anyone could kill theyre own daughter.  he should have turned it on himself. 

this filthy pathetic vile creature will now suffer terribly for what he has done and i hope he suffers it very very slowly untill he sadly rots away in a thai prison

2 x 11mm cartridge casings found nearby;  2 x dead bodies found nearby.

.45ACP will get the job done every time -  The 2 victims never stood a chance. RIP to the pair of them. 

Just what kind of heartless thug kills his own daughter? 

This animal needs to be caught and sent back to jail asap ... only really for life this time where he belongs. 

2 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Should have turned the gun on himself to begin with if he was going get that damned Psycho.

The killer might have said something like that when he got his gun. I heard that more Americans are killed by their own guns than by other people's guns. 

Maybe getting rid of 2 of the most dangerous things in your house would be a better way to improve the safety of all your family.

3 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Thought the .45 was a bigger round than a 11mm...

I have read somewhere that the military here do have 11mm semi autos......

5 hours ago, kaorop said:

It doesnt really work anywhere, putting criminals all together just creates a 'a school for criminals'. Not that i have a better idea. This guy has to locked up for life. 

Ancient Israelites had a great idea: "Cities of Refuge"  put 'em all together and let 'em eat each other. If they try to leave, automatic death sentence . . .

3 hours ago, jaywalker said:

The only thing I'm wondering what good will this gun do you in Thailand considering that you soon won't be allowed to own one anyway.

5 hours ago, kaorop said:

Not enough ... do to him what he did to them ...

5 hours ago, falang07 said:

I have a better idea, just shoot the bastard. In cases like this with clear evidence, shooting them the next day without long trial would definitely make the rehabilitation much easier for future wannabe murders.

Ahhhhhh

Here is the kill-kill-kill brigade.

The daughter was recording the incident? At what point did her father bring out the gun? I wonder what I would do if I saw my father pull a gun on my spouse? This is a very sad incident and if the father had been guilty and imprisoned for murder what were the conditions that allowed him to be free. My condolences to the remainder of the family...not the father though who should suffer the worst of punishments. 

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be "clear evidence", so I guess an investigation and trial might be necessary after all... Sorry 

Did he take his daughters phone ? (doesn't say)  if she was filming at the time, there will be clear evidence on that !!

7 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

11mm is usually a .44 revolver or a .45 semi-auto round. 

All semi-autos in that size are a .45 rimless cartridge from my memory. 

Good stopping power but prone to jam if not maintained properly.

This gun didn't jam....  must have been well maintained.. 

6 hours ago, wow64 said:

He is at the temple now making merit. 

Thai justice system is very interesting he is out for 1 year then kills his own daughter. The rehabilitation must not have work very well. 

What rehabilitation? Some people are slow learners and then there are those who do not learn at all.

About time that Thai parents, supported by Government, start teaching their children morality, discipline, (self-control), responsibility, accountability, respect and most important the proper practice of Buddhism (or whatever their belief/religion system is). All too often the current culture is lacking common decencies. I am sure Thai peoples can do better. Many are doing better but not enough of them.

Much of this starts from the 'top' - Government. And Government needs to set the standards (even if this means lifting their own standards).

Archived