Pattaya could soon crown its first Olympic Champion - in pole dancing!

webfact

OPINION

Pattaya could soon crown its first Olympic Champion - in pole dancing!

pole.jpg

File photo

Pattaya could soon be celebrating its first home grown Olympic Champion as pole dancing has been officially recognized as a sport.

The BBC reported that the organizers of the sport - better know by its preferred name of "pole" -were thrilled that what was once the domain of strippers and pay for play girls could now be universally accepted.

With the wealth of talent available in Pattaya's Go-Go bars it could just be a matter of time before a Thai wears gold around their neck.

While dancers from key pole dancing hot spots such as Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza and Patpong in Bangkok as well as Patong in Phuket will be following developments with interest.

The International Pole Sport Federation (IPSF) said that their activity has been given "observer status" by the Global Association of International Sport Federation which means it is provisionally recognized as a sport.

There is a way to go yet before we see a Thai on the podium but Katie Coates, 41, of the IPSF from England said: "I feel like we have achieved the impossible."

Debate has raged in the past over how much the sport's organizers should acknowledge pole dancing's somewhat shady past.

But that is unlikely to deter Thailand's pole dancers in their quest for gold.

The announcement may also interest Thailand minister for Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Watanavarangul.

While she announced last year that she wanted an end to the sex industry she has made it a key aim of her ministry to promote sport in Pattaya and elsewhere.

This may be a great Thai compromise and bring glory to the nation at the Olympics.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-23

Please, no more, it's beginning to hurt!

And if I so much as hear mention of a "hub"...

"With the wealth of talent available in Pattaya's Go-Go bars it could just be a matter of time before a Thai wears gold around their neck."

Well it would make a change from a pearl necklace.

7 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Most of them just do the meth-head two-step while looking at themselves in the mirror. 

It's a while since I have been in such a venue, but from what I recall of my fellow clientele I can understand why they would rather look in a mirror...

Did the author of the OP actually go to any GoGo Bar at any time?

A 3rd class, 45 year old mother from a strip- club, somewhere in Arkansas, would wipe the floor with any of these 2-step- amateurs, who completely stop moving, if the music is slower than 140 bpm!

A friend of mine and I once went to a relatively well known bar on Patpong and as we are friendly with the owner, we were allowed to request some songs from the "DJ"!

We asked for "Legs" by ZZ Top or "Cream" by Prince!

A-class-stripper- music!

The girls stopped dancing, because they literally didn't know how to move!

Goldmedal, my behind!

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

A 3rd class, 45 year old mother from a strip- club, somewhere in Arkansas, would wipe the floor with any of these 2-step- amateurs, who completely stop moving, if the music is slower than 140 bpm!

A friend of mine and I once went to a relatively well known bar on Patpong and as we are friendly with the owner, we were allowed to request some songs from the "DJ"!

A-class-stripper- music!

Goldmedal, my behind!

But as soon as they whisper, love you long time to the judges, it will be gold all the way !!!

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

A-class-stripper- music!

Goldmedal, my behind!

Yep.

Just to add this is going a a 'THREAD'  

Just popping out for a few beers then can settle down and enjoy it.

?????

The International Pole Sport Federation (IPSF) said that their activity has been given "observer status" by the Global Association of International Sport Federation which means it is provisionally recognized as a sport.

The IPSF added they would need an all expenses paid holiday to Pattaya to help make a decision.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

AUSSIE bar in Pukhet, a couple of girls in there last songkran awesome, one climbed about 12 ft up the pole and then came  sliding down head first realy fast and just stopped before her head crashed into the floor, a great show, not sure if she still there

14 hours ago, mercman24 said:

AUSSIE bar in Pukhet, a couple of girls in there last songkran awesome, one climbed about 12 ft up the pole and then came  sliding down head first realy fast and just stopped before her head crashed into the floor, a great show, not sure if she still there

she in the ICU now

I am unsure of the official Olympic rules of pole dancing but if pelvic thrusting and twerking are part of the routine then it might not even get off the ground in Thailand.

Not if PM Prayut The Grand High Poobah of Thai moral behaviour has anything to do with it.

15 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Yes... yes we have all seen the but it's hardly Olympics is it?  the Ancient Greeks must be turning in their graves. The world is fast becoming a PC joke and the Olympics a caricature of it's former glory.

How about Tiddlywinks?  Shove-a-Penny?   and that building block thing they play in all the bars? 

The Olympic Committee has no clothes and I shall look out for those *****  "observing" next time I go to Pattaya

images.jpg

Not going to happen. While I do admire and applaud the skill of a few girls in Pattaya

the best would not be ranked in the top 20 pole dancers in any strip club in Quebec.

Then there are the fitness pole dancers that you see in pole dancing competitions.

They take it to a whole new level again. Best of luck though. Thailand will be able to

field another couple of Olympians. :coffee1:

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Did you guys see the advertisement this morning, I have just finished applying for a judges position.

Image result for road runner picture with meep meep

I've already been accepted, 3,000 a month, not much I know but it was all I could afford.

Archived