Language plus life coach

Aditi Sharma

Hi Coach,

I will soon be moving to Thailand and am quite intimidated by the prospects. I am looking for somebody who can teach me Thai or Chinese and also discuss my problems and fears as I find my feet in the Kingdom. If you are a western-educated shrink or psychoanalyst, or have experience as a life coach, so much the better. But I feel the need for a coach until I have formed meaningful friendships or relationships there.  I am not comfortable with being charged by the hour for  the language sessions but wont mind your doing so for the therapy. I might need at least one session a week. Thanks and may God bless!

You would seem to be in a better situation than most having a sister here already to help ease you into the life here. I would advise that instead of a life coach, simply enroll in a language school to learn Thai language and you will meet people there who will form the basis of your new friendships. People in Thai language classes are generally in the same situation and it is an excellent way to find others to navigate the place together.

It also matters where in Thailand you will be staying and you might want to consider that at first a larger city/urban area might be better suited for assimilation before heading into the hinterland.

5 hours ago, tonray said:

1. You would seem to be in a better situation than most having a sister here already to help ease you into the life here.

2. I would advise that instead of a life coach, simply enroll in a language school to learn Thai language 

3. It also matters where in Thailand you will be staying and you might want to consider that at first a larger city/urban area might be better suited for assimilation before heading into the hinterland.

1. Not now, definitely not after she gets married, am afraid.

2. Can spare some time for language learning ( Thai or Chinese) on a one-on-one basis at times flexible to both of us and an hour for therapy from the life coach. 

3. My home will be Bangkok but my job would involve a lot of travelling locally and outside the province ( I have also advertised here for a woman social worker, if she doubles up as a language instructor too so much the better, I'd've thought). 

Archived