Police just taking "defensive measures" says chief after suspect kicked off motorcycle

webfact

Utter BS .. if the guy continues a further 200m there is a military / police checkpoint to prevent insurgents entering, its not easy to squeeze through, you need to reduce speed and follow the cars through - the cop could have got off his bike and walked to the guy .. this is a stupid tactic employed by police all throughout Thailand followed by some excuse that the guy was know drug dealer.

The reason people run roadblocks is because they are tired of their crap, patchy-at-best enforcement and petty extortion. Looks like the guy doesn’t have a helmet, which is enforced to a degree in HY.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, captspectre said:

I don't see anything wrong with this! the ass hole was running from the police, in the U.S. if a car was speeding away from a crime,the police could and have used the "Pit" maneuver! 

This wasn’t a car  

2 hours ago, edwardflory said:

What is the lesser of 2 evil's with someone who runs from a police stop?

1) shot them with a gun, wound or kill them...( or other people in the area )

Or

2) take them to  the ground any way you can....

Me, I'll take number 2.

If this was in the USA there would be only option 1

6 minutes ago, Constantinos said:

If this was in the USA there would be only option 1

Google ' police motorcycle kick'

and see the Youtube video about one (Oregon) cop kick, that cost the cop 180,000

And..... no charges were laid against the flea.

what?

after a half hour chase, endangering god knows how many people, breaking god knows how many laws... but no charges?

unbelievable.... unless.... the cops dropped the charges in a deal to prevent counter claims against the BiB

44 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Looks like the guy doesn’t have a helmet, which is enforced to a degree in HY.

The poor bloke probably didn't have enough dosh on him to pay the 200 Baht. The cops doing what they do best. Biggest mafia in Thailand.

If the cop had caused him to go off-road,on to the side walk, he could have killed a toddler or hit a preggers lady.

As for the 'defensive measures' statement; something like this was expected.

3 hours ago, Muggi1968 said:

I think it was the best way to stop them... Would it have been better to shoot at the tires.....

Maybe now people think think twice, if they consider to run from the police.

Sounds like a yankee doodle solution.  Shoot at anything that moves don't worry about the innocent in the background if you miss. (the tyres that is?)

what defensive measures..tell the truth and just say the idiot deserved to be kicked off because he created more of a traffic hazard that could have injured other people....Good job police for stopping a potential problem!

i think the cops were very patient with this m bike driver,whose driving was getting more dangerous---

thai police are normally to gutless to take positive action, other than lining their pockets..nobody else was injured by the police action-he probably saved an innocent pedestrian from being hit by that fleeing m cyclist..good job done

4 hours ago, Thian said:

No it wasn't!

You should see what the motocy's do in BKK when the police wants to stop them, they just do anything except stopping.

This guy might have been a bankrobber, murderer on the run or whatever....stop means stop, how hard can that be?

Stop = pay a ludicrus sum for made up laws just so the bib get a good lunch everyday. I used to live in bkk and commute and it got so bad that id filed so many complaints with nothing ever changing. I just gave up and would run every stop and have even done so in cars. These arent police. The day there is a huge overhaul of the bib then and maybe then will innocent people stop.

4 hours ago, Thian said:

No it wasn't!

You should see what the motocy's do in BKK when the police wants to stop them, they just do anything except stopping.

This guy might have been a bankrobber, murderer on the run or whatever....stop means stop, how hard can that be?

Maybe he just wanted to save 200 baht ?

Nothing wrong here, this is just normal Thai behavior. I've seen Thais kicking people off motorcycles many times, I guess it was someone they were arguing with and the person tried to get away on a mc, so they gave chase and caught up and try to kick them off. I've seen Thai men doing it with women as well. I suppose it was guys who just had fights with their gfs. Anyway, just normal Thai behavior. 

So now we have some people saying it would be better to shoot him than kick him off the bike- unbelievable! The cops took him out at a point where there was no threat to others.

I'm behind the cops on this one- the Chief should have backed them for their actions instead of making himself look foolish. 

A few guys walking around with gravel rash and word will soon get around to stop at checkpoints. If you run you clearly have something to hide so it's fair game.

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Yes it was.  All this guy is guilty of is running a road block.  He could be seriously hurt due to this.  There are other ways to deal with runners like this.  Sadly, they take the easy way out here.

A good lawsuit with a huge fine will stop this.  Police think they are above the law here.  And most times, they are. :sad:

No it wasn´t! The little stupid guy had a choice. He choosed to run from the police. They stopped him. That´s their work. Has nothing to do with placing themselfs above the law. 
Dream on with the pressing any law on this. I would like to try one of your soft clouds, up their in the dreamworld somewhere. :cheesy:

20 minutes ago, Get Real said:

No it wasn´t! The little stupid guy had a choice. He choosed to run from the police. They stopped him. That´s their work. Has nothing to do with placing themselfs above the law. 
Dream on with the pressing any law on this. I would like to try one of your soft clouds, up their in the dreamworld somewhere. :cheesy:

Maybe he was on the way to the hospital to see a friend in emergency?  We don't know.  The job of the police is to protect citizens.  Not hurt them.  Sadly, stunts like this happen all the time here. 

The road block was probably just another scam by the police to extract money from people.  Hardly surprising people run away from them.

Archived