Police just taking "defensive measures" says chief after suspect kicked off motorcycle

webfact

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely the cop planned to do this from way early in the video, obviously, you can see him get his foot ready over and over again.  And it was good work.  Suspect got hurt a little, taken into custody, job well done.  What kind of an idiot goes running like that from the cops?  Where is he going and what's his plan?   

How about taking the license plate- number and paying the guy a visit at home...you know...with an arrest warrant or something!?

But...nooooo...nanny-state blah blah...it's much better to Kung <deleted> the horrible criminal of his bike!

God forbid, we act according to the law or in any shape or form civilized!

:coffee1:

9 minutes ago, DM07 said:

How about taking the license plate- number and paying the guy a visit at home...you know...with an arrest warrant or something!?

But...nooooo...nanny-state blah blah...it's much better to Kung <deleted> the horrible criminal of his bike!

Yep, it looked a bit barbaric, but , technically speaking, it was a well measured kick, and the young guy got just a few scratches.

17 minutes ago, DM07 said:

And if the bike was stolen? :whistling:

This police officer had fully fulfilled his duty by kicking this fleeing suspect. If the suspect had gone, it would create great problem to the society. He could be armed, delivering drug, contrabands, etc. He should halted when he was instructed to do so because the other party is a law enforcer. The point here is that this police officer did not kick the suspect right from the start. He gave chase but the suspect refused to stop. Therefore, this police officer reason to believe the suspect might be up to something. Well done and hope more to come!  

7 hours ago, Thian said:

No it wasn't!

You should see what the motocy's do in BKK when the police wants to stop them, they just do anything except stopping.

This guy might have been a bankrobber, murderer on the run or whatever....stop means stop, how hard can that be?

Maybe his brakes failed and the accelerator cable got stuck ?:sorry:

6 hours ago, edwardflory said:

What is the lesser of 2 evil's with someone who runs from a police stop?

1) shot them with a gun, wound or kill them...( or other people in the area )

Or

2) take them to  the ground any way you can....

Me, I'll take number 2.

Or 3) For the sake of public safety, allow the alleged offender, to escape.

I'll take number 3

You are happy to see unintended consequences of a dire nature e.g. death or serious road trauma of an innocent third party?

A rationale highway pursuit policy would dictate that the pursuit be terminated as soon as public safety was endangered.

The alleged offender can be safely interviewed at the address listed at the vehicle registration centre.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Maybe he was on the way to the hospital to see a friend in emergency?  We don't know.  The job of the police is to protect citizens.  Not hurt them.  Sadly, stunts like this happen all the time here. 

The road block was probably just another scam by the police to extract money from people.  Hardly surprising people run away from them.

I can read that you´re still up in the clouds and creating fantasies.

So, if you are on your way to the hospital, then you can break the law? Do you realize how easy it is to stop and say that. Almost always the police will wave their hand and just let you pass.

The 2 policemen here did protect people. They choosed to protect the innocent and law-abiding citizens, by removing this maniac that broke the law from continuing his mad driving on the public roads.

No, it does not happen all the time. 

There is nothing that can be called a scam in checking for helmets, driving license, drunk driving and other things that is in the law written as carrying a fine. How can you call that extortion, extracting money and a scam. If you drive within the law you have a helmet, drining license and are sober. Then you just stop, let them check, and continue drive after without paying any fine.

As I know it, that how it works in other countries too. Now you got something to think about and bite in. Let´s see if you can come up with a clever answer this time.

7 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Whether this is the best way to stop a rider who is doing a runner is up for debate. What gets my goat is the police chief's comments, a brazen liar who expects his word to be believed against all evidence.

Come on, give the guy a break, or aren't you aware that he's a budding politician and we all know what they're like.:sad::wai:

What is the lesser of 2 evil's with someone who runs from a police stop?

1) shot them with a gun, wound or kill them...( or other people in the area )
Or
2) take them to  the ground any way you can....

Me, I'll take number 2.

There are far more than just two choices here. You've created a totally false dichotomy. One wonders if you are intentionally trying to manipulate the news or if your brain truly can't handle more than two possibilities at once.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Yep, it looked a bit barbaric, but , technically speaking, it was a well measured kick, and the young guy got just a few scratches.

Technically speaking it is a serious assault.  But most of us understand it needs to happen in some circumstances. I don't think this is one of them imo.

8 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Yes it was.  All this guy is guilty of is running a road block.  He could be seriously hurt due to this.  There are other ways to deal with runners like this.  Sadly, they take the easy way out here.

A good lawsuit with a huge fine will stop this.  Police think they are above the law here.  And most times, they are. :sad:

I think just about everything in your post is wrong:-

1.  "All this guy is guilty of is running a road block." Wrong - he also sideswiped a Ford.

2. "He could be seriously hurt due to this" Correct - also he could have seriously injured a pedestrian, or somebody trying to cross the road

3. "There are other ways to deal with runners like this. A good lawsuit with a huge fine will stop this." Wrong. So in the meantime, you let him go on his merry way, sell the bike (or change the number plates) and put the incident up as "evaded arrest"?

4. He could have been shot, or his tyres blown out, in which case he could have been seriously injured or dead. As it was he got a few cuts and bruises.

5. "Police think they are above the law here.  And most times, they are." It makes a change for the police to be doing something positive to apprehend a wrongdoer who, by the very fact that he jumped a road block could have been a wanted murderer or terrorist - Bravo!

P.S I think the Police Chief should have admitted it was no accident!

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The debate as to whether this was the correct way to stop the chase is one thing, but I think it is blatant to everyone who has seen it, that it was deliberate. But rather than come out and say so, the Hat Yai Chief tries to tell us a bunch of very unbelievable lies. Why? Many of us have seen this happen before, so we all know it is a fairly routine practice, despicable as it is.

Despicable? The guy ran a roadblock, then kept going for some thirty minutes, and not with typical Thai motorcyclists' safety standards dictating his driving. Yes, they could have let him go, but I certainly don't decry their way of bringing him to a halt - granted, a straight answer would have been logical, but TiT. 

This motorcyclist could be running just because the Police wanted money from him. There is no justification for their action which was tantamount to comitting murder.

I myself have not stopped for Police twice as I have been swindled by them too many times. I fear the power they have over you and their willingness to use that power to extort monies and worse if you dont pay.

If that happened in Europe there would be an outcry and the police would be held accountable. In the US the power of the police is the same as Thailand unfortunately.

8 hours ago, captspectre said:

in the U.S. if a car was speeding away from a crime,the police could and have used the "Pit" maneuver

Or simply shot and killed the evading driver simply because the US cop felt  "threatened for his/her life".  Sad, but that's the popular—accepted without question—excuse used by so many American cops these days.

9 hours ago, Thian said:

No it wasn't!

You should see what the motocy's do in BKK when the police wants to stop them, they just do anything except stopping.

This guy might have been a bankrobber, murderer on the run or whatever....stop means stop, how hard can that be?

Police dont have a good reputation, as can be seen by the chief spouting his BULLSHIT

Just because they are Police, does not give them the right to do as they please, which they do anyways...

After 30 years policing , I can say in all honesty. BULLSHIT. That is why the police have radios they can call for assistance to diffuse the situation safely not just knock the person off a moving motorcycle, which part of defensive is that. Mr Chief of Hat Yai .....huh  ???????????????? 

Archived