Police just taking "defensive measures" says chief after suspect kicked off motorcycle

webfact

Thumbs up coppers ?

Obviously he wasn't going to stop. Pity more cops in the West don't use the same/similar tatics... then we might see a dramatic drop in crime. 

They're too soft back home. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stanleycoin said:

I don't see how you come to that conclusion.

It just looks to me  like,  perfectly normal,  accepted riding behavior for Thailand. 

you dont see many bike riders then do you or get out a lot in trafic

10 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

In truth it is not the fact that the Police Motorcyclist pushed the bike so that it fell over. Although that is wrong. IT IS WHAT THE POLICE CHIEF SAID.

Defensive it is not, but had he said , numerous attempts had been made to stop the motorcyclrsty so my76 officer used a tactic to cause the motorcycle to stop, the rider sustained minimal injures and the Police officer has my full support.

IO might not like the action but would agree with the Chief. Bloody lies I will never support Defensive, what a crock of Poo

.` o

Unfortunately, given that English is not his first language and not knowing if he even speaks it, then what he said may have been interpreted and many things can be lost in an interpretation. (Misinterpretation) Even if the officer is able to speak English, the grammar, phraseology and sentence structure is unlikely to be consistent with those of an English speaker. 

i don't know if you speak Thai but is is not constructed or taught in the manner that English is, whilst many words are open to misinterpretation, or there is no interpretation, so to be critical of what has been stated, is IMO, a little harsh.  I speak Thai, and am sometimes corrected by my friends and family as I drift off into the way I would say things in English and I have taught my Thai friends, when they err, the correct wording.  So it does go both ways and always done courteously, I might add. 

I have also spoken to numerous  people of various nationalities, whose first language is not English and even they would experience difficulty in putting together a sentence like you have.  And that is despite them having studied overseas for years where they were required to learn and speak our language.  So it is no only Thais who have difficulty, it is others, including ourselves, when it comes to learning a second language.

Maybe, with your expertise in the English language, and if you read, write and speak Thai fluently, than you should offer your services as the officer's PR man (I know, a little sarcastic) and everyone will be happy and there would be no more statements for you to deem, unacceptable.  But then we would  probably find someone else on TVF who will be just as critical. Keep up the good work.:wai:

17 hours ago, djayz said:

Thumbs up coppers ?

Obviously he wasn't going to stop. Pity more cops in the West don't use the same/similar tatics... then we might see a dramatic drop in crime. 

They're too soft back home. 

Agree with you but the cops would end up in deep doo doo if they adopted similar tactics in the West - their hands are now  tied to a certain extent - now go back to the 60's and ....................!

Archived