Good Samaritan implores Thais to help people in distress

webfact

Good Samaritan implores Thais to help people in distress

4a.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

A Thai woman has gone online to beg Thais to help people in distress after her experience finding a fellow female in trouble at the weekend.

"Dang Photas" on her Facebook page said that she was in a taxi going home in the RCA area of Bangkok when she noticed a young woman by the roadside with a bloodied face.

She told the taxi driver to pull over and spoke to the woman who told her that her boyfriend had bit her mouth opening up a severe wound on her lips. They had been arguing after a trip out to the Sukhumvit area and she was now left without money as he had her purse.

The poster said she took the woman to hospital in the taxi while the driver called 191 fearing that she had actually been the victim of criminals.

At the hospital the Good Samaritan gave the victim her phone number in case of further emergencies as she had no idea of the number of her relatives.

It turned out she was actually a nurse.

"Dang" said that when people come across others in distress it was important to help out in any way you can, reported Manager online.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-24

Fair play, Dang, well done in assisting the young lady.

However, if tough sentences were handed out to people using violence, acting as a deterrent to others, a lot of instances like this would never happen. The longer the perpetrators are allowed to get away with a paltry fine, and a meaningless wai, the violence will continue.  

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Fair play, Dang, well done in assisting the young lady.

However, if tough sentences were handed out to people using violence, acting as a deterrent to others, a lot of instances like this would never happen. The longer the perpetrators are allowed to get away with a paltry fine, and a meaningless wai, the violence will continue.  

Wow, really? That's the best you could do? 

24 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

What exactly have you seen?  Did you assist?

Yes I did. Just last week. A dog was hit by a car & left on the road 1.5 meters off the sidewalk & in front of a bank. Nobody did anything, instead they walked & drove right past it. I called a vet. By the time it got there the dog had died.

Thats one recent incident. 

17 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Yes I did. Just last week. A dog was hit by a car & left on the road 1.5 meters off the sidewalk & in front of a bank. Nobody did anything, instead they walked & drove right past it. I called a vet. By the time it got there the dog had died.

Thats one recent incident. 

So you haven't seen a lot, then. 

Vets have an emergency call out service now? That's useful to know, a lot of people here would like to assist as you did, what is the call out service number, please?   Why didn't you just take the dog to the vet?

9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So you haven't seen a lot, then. 

Vets have an emergency call out service now? That's useful to know, a lot of people here would like to assist as you did, what is the call out service number, please?   Why didn't you just take the dog to the vet?

Would you like the complete list?

It wasn’t a call out service. It was the vet I use for my dog.

I was looking around for something to muzzle the dog. It was in shock & terrified. Do you want to try & pick it up? It was also quite a large dog & by moving it (as with any victim of a road accident) is not highly recommended. But I take it, you knew that. If not, you do now!

Look in your area for a vet. There are also animal hospitals. But again, you would know that.  Duhhh.

3 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Would you like the complete list?

It wasn’t a call out service. It was the vet I use for my dog.

I was looking around for something to muzzle the dog. It was in shock & terrified. Do you want to try & pick it up? It was also quite a large dog & by moving it (as with any victim of a road accident) is not highly recommended. But I take it, you knew that. If not, you do now!

Look in your area for a vet. There are also animal hospitals. But again, you would know that.  Duhhh.

"Would you like the complete list?"

No, just one number would be helpful, is there a problem with that? 

"Duhhh"?  What's up with you?

Just now, Just Weird said:

"Would you like the complete list?"

No, just one number would be helpful, is there a problem with that? 

"Duhhh"?  What's up with you?

I was about to ask you the same thing. Your initial comment seemed just a little too weird & sarcastic. Anyways, no harm, no foul. Good day to you sir.

8 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

I was about to ask you the same thing. Your initial comment seemed just a little too weird & sarcastic. Anyways, no harm, no foul. Good day to you sir.

...and no vet's number that the rest of us may be able to use?  Now that is what is weird.

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

...and no vet's number that the rest of us may be able to use?  Now that is what is weird.

Really?

Try a local vet. Ask around. I’m sure it’s not a national 119 call.

My vet is localized to her area in Isaan. She doesn’t cover all of Thailand. There are vets in every city I would imagine.

Are you all there or just weird?

45 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Really?

Try a local vet. Ask around. I’m sure it’s not a national 119 call.

My vet is localized to her area in Isaan. She doesn’t cover all of Thailand. There are vets in every city I would imagine.

Are you all there or just weird?

My house is in Isaan too, could be useful.

Archived