Video: Children's anguish as granddad perishes in the flames of the family house

webfact

Video: Children's anguish as granddad perishes in the flames of the family house

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A desperate family tried to save a father and granddad in their burning house but the roof collapsed and he died in the flames.

Sanoh Phothong, 74, who suffered from Parkinson's disease,died in the 100 year old wooden house. His nine descendants escaped.

His daughter collapsed outside and had to be supported by relatives as she told the terrible story after the occupants of the Suphanburi house were awoken in the night.

"We were all sleeping when we heard the neighbors cry out that there was a fire," said 45 year old Lukkhana Phothong. "We got the children out first then tried to get my dad.

"But the roof collapsed and injured several of us. It was impossible to get to him.

"I am so sorry that we could do nothing to save my father," she said fighting back tears.

Police said that the house was more than 100 years old and a short circuit was the likely cause. The traditional wooden house on stilts went up in a matter of moments and was completely destroyed despite the family's initial efforts to put out the blaze.

Two cars and five motorbikes were also consumed in the inferno.

The victim was unable to help himself due to suffering from the debilitating disease.

The blaze happened in Ban Krang sub-district of Sriprajan district, Suphanburi.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-24

1 hour ago, wvavin said:

I think only the Thai police are the only cops in this world that can predict, troubleshoot, analyze and post mortem instantly on site. The Scotland Yards really needs to learn a thing or two from them. 

Yep, even Sherlock was'nt that good! But RIP the men  that perished and condolences to the distraught family, a very cruel stroke of fate indeed!  

1 hour ago, wvavin said:

I think only the Thai police are the only cops in this world that can predict, troubleshoot, analyze and post mortem instantly on site. The Scotland Yards really needs to learn a thing or two from them. 

Speculation is only allowed on TV

6 hours ago, pumpjack said:

probably caused by one of those awfull bloody 2 pin wall plugs that cant go into the socket properly  with sparks flying out of them,  they should be done away with !!!  

An earthing system wouldn't go amiss either

7 hours ago, pumpjack said:

probably caused by one of those awfull bloody 2 pin wall plugs that cant go into the socket properly  with sparks flying out of them,  they should be done away with !!!  

Nearly got a shock 5 minutes ago playing around with one of those.

9 hours ago, wvavin said:

It doesn't really matter at this stage. The poor fella died in a horrific way and the family are going to be re-living this in their nightmares. I don't see how you can read this story and your first thought is to criticize the police

11 hours ago, wvavin said:

Reminds me of a police report I read in a former job as a safety inspector for electric installations, I quote:

" It is difficult to ascertain the cause of the fire, at there was no electrical installation in the building."

No, this was not in Thailand.

6 hours ago, alien365 said:

It doesn't really matter at this stage. The poor fella died in a horrific way and the family are going to be re-living this in their nightmares. I don't see how you can read this story and your first thought is to criticize the police

Until someone stands up with some great  big  balls and tells  the Police to  do their own jobs  properly you  will be ( are) seeing crap  like this regularly.

Until Thais take everything more responsibly this  will just repeat itself again and  again, you can see it daily  on the roads.

Archived