Is Chaeng Wattana Open Today, Wednesday 25th?

I was there today - oh my lord was the line long.  I've been to CW a few times for extensions now, and I have never seen it so long.  Yesterday, I went at about 1pm (various factors delayed me), got a queue number for TR extension, #190... when I went to the area the sign said currently serving #64.  I did the math and decided to come back today.  Today, got there at about 8:15, and the line went all the way to the east entrance of the building and looped back around, truly crazy.  I was #26, it took 25 minutes to get a queue number and I finally received my passport at about 11:30.  Things have really slowed down there from what I experienced in the past.  Setting aside the holiday aspect, the processing time was nearly an hour between the application being reviewed and receiving my passport, and they were more stringent than before, this time wanting the Moobaan name in addition to my full address.  Som nam na for waiting until nearly the last minute to do the extension.

I went to CW last Monday 16 October for my usual one-year Stay Extension and a 90-day report.

Got there at 9.15 trying to avoid the early crowd but there was still a long queue. and it was late afternoon when I was done and left for home.

Obviously next year will have to be worse and I'm thinking of having them move my dossier to Ubon where I can claim a TM30 address as I'm staying there most of the time in my TGF's house. I've had a TM30 and two 90-day done in Ubon already and it takes no time.

11 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

I went to CW last Monday 16 October for my usual one-year Stay Extension and a 90-day report.

Got there at 9.15 trying to avoid the early crowd but there was still a long queue. and it was late afternoon when I was done and left for home.

Obviously next year will have to be worse and I'm thinking of having them move my dossier to Ubon where I can claim a TM30 address as I'm staying there most of the time in my TGF's house. I've had a TM30 and two 90-day done in Ubon already and it takes no time.

And things are probably set to get even worse on the 90-day reporting front at least since those who have hitherto done this at other BKK locations are being told to join the merry throngs at CW in future.

27 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

There is nothing moved from one office to another. You don't even have to notify the office where your current extension was issued that you are moving.

All you have to do is prove you are living where you apply for your next extension.

Edit: The office here in Ubon is certainly less busy. Did my extension based upon marriage and only spent a little more than an hour in the office.

Wife did my 90 day report yesterday and was in and out in a few minutes. For the first time ever they did not even want want the TM47 form I sent with her. She gave it back to me when she got home.