Koh Mook Or Ko Muk, Trang And Around Them?

Uti

Hi!

We are going to Koh Mook island about middle of february. I have found some topics about Trang province, but want more :o

Maybe its good to tell, that we have been many places in Thailand from Chiang Mai to Lanta, but this is our first visit to Trang province and we have only one week time to be there. Ok... We have had one day trip to Koh Rok few years ago, but...

We are happy if somebody can tell, what is the best "way" to visit Trang town and see maybe some waterfall. Maybe some one day sightseeing, shopping and eating trip? I know, that resorts receptions sells tickets about 400 batht/oneway/pax, but everywhere we have been, we have not used "tickets sold by receptions". I hope You understand, what I mean.

We are also fanatic Thaifood lovers and want always eat something else that food for farangs when we are in Thailand. All hints about being and doing and eating and snorkling around Koh Mook are wellcome!

Welcome to Thaivisa.

If you go along the main street in Trang you will see small travel offices that show places to go nearby.

Ko Mook has a nice beach on one side of the island. The otherside is shallow mangroves/mud. Even on high tide you need to walk a long way to be able to swim.

There is good snorkeling there but best from a boat.

Plenty of good thai food in Trang City. Good fish on Mook.

Hello Uti

Well I have lived in Trang for 4 years now and hope I can offer so helpful information.

As other members have said there are a lot of travel shops in Trang near the Train station offering deals to all the islands in Trang and South. I have a very good friend who owns a travel shop and always does as much as he can to provide the best deals and help you plan anywhere you want to go. With regards to all the Islands in Trang, they are all beautiful with excellent clear water for snorkeling and some beautiful coral. There is not really a lot to do on any of the Islands except that and total relaxation. I have recently just come back from Koh Hai which again is very beautiful and offers some excellent snorkeling but believe me stay well away from Koh Hai resort, its is more expensive that Europe and with regards to accommodation well moths and damp spring to mind, although they did have a swimming pool so that is an only plus for them.

With regards to eating, well!! there are a lot of very nice proper thai food restaurants out of the town, within the town you will get the same tasting food as per all resort type places but if you venture out just a little there is some amazing eating to be had. If you mail me nearer the time to when you are coming or contact me with a pm I will give you my phone number and will gladly show you some nice places to go and eat.

Well hope this helps you and have a good stay in Trang.

Mike

Edited by Moonhunteruk

Thanks Mike!

We are staying one week in Koh Mook island and are interested to know, if Your friend (near the train station) or somebody else is ready to do something for us. We want to do some sightseeing, shopping, walking, eating and what ever... at least one-day-tour around Trang town.

Maybe its good to move our discussion to email. I try to send my email address to You by pm.

Have nice time You all there under the SUN :-)

Edited by Uti

its well worth doing some day trips out of ko mook. head over to ko rok for the day if you can (or even camp there - the guy from Rubber Tree Bungalows does camping trips there which are fab).

waterfalls in trang are numerous and beautiful. any agents near the train station can help you with this.

you gotta have coffee and cake. trang is famous for this.

moonhunteruk, you live in my favourite province you lucky thing!

Memories of April 2006 trip which included Koh Muk

swimming to the entrance of Morakot Cave

post-9005-1168751379_thumb.jpg

after swimming through the cave tunnel and coming out into the lagoon... the sloping hillside that goes straight up on all sides:

post-9005-1168751201_thumb.jpg

beautiful place to visit from where we were staying on nearby Koh Ngai

which had some nice views of its own such as this gorgeous sunrise to the east looking back to the mainland

post-9005-1168751870_thumb.jpg

Have fun on your trip :o

Edited by sriracha john

its well worth doing some day trips out of ko mook.

--

any agents near the train station can help you with this.

Thanks Donna and sriracha john

We have to find at first some "day-tour" around Trang town getting off Koh Mook, cause we are staying there in Charlie beach resort. We like very much snorkling and will visit Ko Rok and other places and islands too, but the first thing is to find some tour organiser to take us from Mook to guided Trang"tour". Does anybody know some travel agent in Trang, who has netsite or email-address?

I have sent my email-address to moonhunteruk by pm, but he is gone somewhere in jungle :o

its well worth doing some day trips out of ko mook.

--

any agents near the train station can help you with this.

Thanks Donna and sriracha john

We have to find at first some "day-tour" around Trang town getting off Koh Mook, cause we are staying there in Charlie beach resort. We like very much snorkling and will visit Ko Rok and other places and islands too, but the first thing is to find some tour organiser to take us from Mook to guided Trang"tour". Does anybody know some travel agent in Trang, who has netsite or email-address?

I have sent my email-address to moonhunteruk by pm, but he is gone somewhere in jungle :o

I am not sure how much time you are spending in Trang town itself but you could easily just rock up and book a tour. Right at the train station there is KK travel and tour and the place that moonhunter was talking about that you can't miss just by standing at the train station. There are a lot more as well around the area as people have said. I dont have any email addresses for a travel place but I have a phone number if you want to PM me I will give it to you. Also there is some really good eating in Trang! If you stay a night it is worth checking out the night market which is a short walk from the train station. There are also lots of good restuarants from dives with good cheap food, to great seafood to posh places as well. It would help if you had someone to show you around. As Donna said there are great waterfalls and we must not forget the yummy cake! I heart Trang as well!!