Just Curious (*_*)

My mexican friend is volunteering for the foreign organization in Thailand that in process to get permission to work in thailand legally from Ministry of Labour and also partner with thai organizations. I am curious about examption on my friend's Non "B" because he doesn't have work permit yet while waiting for the organization to get permission might take for weeks to be able to apply for work permit so we went to local Immigration to extend his visa but the officer told us that we needed work permit or govornor's confirmation letter in special case because our organization is known by many thai and foreign organizations so our support letters from many department kinda prove our work already. The thing is My friend requested for 6 months because it is the period of the project he's working on. but they gave him 1 month extension under consideration and asked us to write a letter to BKK immigration head office or find more proof from labour office which we've been trying but we need to wait till we get the permission... and it will take too long :o so his choice is to go out and get Tourist Visa multiple entries from neighbor countries or get another Non Immigrant Visa but the same situation might happen.... any suggestion?

Btw is it true that if u extend for Non B Visa without work permit u will only get 7 days and the visa is done!?

Btw is it true that if u extend for Non B Visa without work permit u will only get 7 days and the visa is done!?

I assume your friend entered Thailand with a single-entry non-B visa and received permission to stay for 90 days. This type of stay cannot normally be extended at Immigration without a work permit and meeting certain criteria, but Immigration can use its discretion to grant 7 days to leave the country. This is up to Immigration to decide.

--

Maestro