'Death to blasphemers' increasing as political rallying cry in Pakistan

rooster59

23 minutes ago, amvet said:

The current Pope has a degree in chemistry and I think believes in evolution. 

Evolution is entirely compatible with believing that a deity created the universe with evolution within it.

However, no one that does not believe in a greater power has ever been able to explain how the elements that created the universe in the first place came into existence at the point of the big bang or of creation.

Even if one believes in a greater power, no one can explain how that being came to be, either.

Also, is the universe actually infinite, which means every possibility will exist within it, or is it actually a big ball, as some scientists claim, and if that is correct, what exists outside the big ball?

18 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

But wait!   You must have it all wrong!!  Muslim apologists have been assuring us for decades now that the extremists & zealots are only a tiny tiny faction, and that "mainstream" Muslims are moderate, tolerant, peace-loving, consummately non-violent, never-hurt-a-fly lovely people.   Strange how this tiny tiny faction seems to play such an overwhelming political role in Muslim-dominated countries, and their violence around the world just persists and intensifies. 

'Sorry.  The evidence is that it's the tolerant, peace-loving Muslims who are actually the small minority.   Most are dangerous, too easily turned to violence and terrorism in mosques & madrasas by rabid clerics even when they arrive as vetted, seemingly "non-risk" immigrants, and clearly have no place in western society.  None.   The problem with U.S. judicial decision-making on the matter is that these pin-headed Clinton and Obama-appointee jurists still consider to be a religion what is actually a cult.    Worse, they obviously cannot "impose" our constitutional liberties on foreign countries, but the minute a person FROM a foreign country simply says he wants to come here, suddenly he's gifted the Bill of Rights and treated as a citizen, no matter the threat to the very citizens whose rights they're on the bench in the first place TO BE PROTECTING!  Muslim extremists have played our tradition of open immigration against us and are using the left and these agenda-driven jurists as ignorant tools; it's 2017 and times have changed since the potato famine.

I will respectfully disagree.

IMO it is not Islam that is the culprit but religion! 

Bad people do bad things, and good people do good things. It take religion to make good people to do bad things.

Christianity   when it had the chance acted just as horribly, and it could if it got the chance act just as horrible.  

It is secularism  and the rule of law and reason that has kept Christianity in check and it will be the same that will control Islam. 

Pakistan and the likes are feudal, tribal societies , In any such societies a small fanatical minority willing to murder you can control a kind tolerant majority.  Think about it,, how many times we have seen this , not only in Muslim countries, but in Christian and Buddhist countries. How can a kind majority speak out when  the price is death?

Destabilizing  these Societies only empowers the intolerant. We are helping create these monsters. 

20 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Bad people do bad things, and good people do good things. It take religion to make good people to do bad things.

Christianity   when it had the chance acted just as horribly, and it could if it got the chance act just as horrible.  

It is secularism  and the rule of law and reason that has kept Christianity in check and it will be the same that will control Islam. 

Pakistan and the likes are feudal, tribal societies , In any such societies a small fanatical minority willing to murder you can control a kind tolerant majority.  Think about it,, how many times we have seen this , not only in Muslim countries, but in Christian and Buddhist countries. How can a kind majority speak out when  the price is death?

Destabilizing  these Societies only empowers the intolerant. We are helping create these monsters. 

:clap2:

So, after all this talk, we are trying to say that Pakistan is a nation with a lot of dangerous lunatics, and that Islam is a danger and threat to world peace.

So, what are we suppose to do ?  Go and bomb Pakistan ? How about we try to isolate Pakistan ?

Let's get real here. Pakistan has got a government, a government that is supposedly, trying to clamp down on Islamic fundamentalism. Now, Washington, supposedly, needs Pakistan in the so-called 'war on terror'. And so, Pakistan gets loads of aid and support in return for being on America's side in the so-called 'war on terror'.

How about we look at our own house, think about what we're doing, clean it up, and then we start trying to clean up other peoples' houses.

On 28-10-2017 at 5:25 AM, Chip Allen said:

Just one more example of why religion poisons everything. Religion must be separated from government....by deadly force if necessary.

By deadly force if necessary ?

So the non-believers may use force...?

2 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

By deadly force if necessary ?

So the non-believers may use force...?

Yeah, the hypocrisy of some people is clear. And separating religion from politics. If we're going to tell Pakistan to do this, well, we've got to look at our own countries, and do the same thing first, before we lecture Pakistan.

4 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Yeah, the hypocrisy of some people is clear. And separating religion from politics. If we're going to tell Pakistan to do this, well, we've got to look at our own countries, and do the same thing first, before we lecture Pakistan.

well, yes... YOU look at YOUR country. in mine, it has been done a long time ago.

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

yup... one of the rare things communists got figured out correctly is religion.

8 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Let's get real here. Pakistan has got a government, a government that is supposedly, trying to clamp down on Islamic fundamentalism.

clamping down? the country's official name is Islamic Republic of Pakistan.:coffee1:

9 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

So, after all this talk, we are trying to say that Pakistan is a nation with a lot of dangerous lunatics, and that Islam is a danger and threat to world peace.

So, what are we suppose to do ?  Go and bomb Pakistan ? How about we try to isolate Pakistan ?

Let's get real here. Pakistan has got a government, a government that is supposedly, trying to clamp down on Islamic fundamentalism. Now, Washington, supposedly, needs Pakistan in the so-called 'war on terror'. And so, Pakistan gets loads of aid and support in return for being on America's side in the so-called 'war on terror'.

How about we look at our own house, think about what we're doing, clean it up, and then we start trying to clean up other peoples' houses.

You wont clean up places like Pakistan , like most Muslim countrys the "people " live in the middle ages ,nothing can be done , they are beyond hope and when they come to the west they try to drag us down with them .

19 minutes ago, i claudius said:

You wont clean up places like Pakistan , like most Muslim countrys the "people " live in the middle ages ,nothing can be done , they are beyond hope and when they come to the west they try to drag us down with them .

how come none of the Pakistanis i met dragged me down? :huh:

29 minutes ago, Naam said:

29 minutes ago, Naam said:

I come from a town where there are thousands of them ,and to be honest ,i found most of them to be ,shall we say not the nicest people in the world and when i was in Pakistan i found them on the whole to be disgusting .

ps they did not drag me down either ,so perhaps like me you are above them and their barbaric ways .

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

I come from a town where there are thousands of them ,and to be honest ,i found most of them to be ,shall we say not the nicest people in the world and when i was in Pakistan i found them on the whole to be disgusting .

i was twice in London and found some people disgusting.

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Apparently the Neanderthals weren't as bad as has been ascribed. Just Homo Sapiens using propaganda to justify exterminating them.

Anyway, the religion of love and peace is not looking too good at the moment. Perhaps in 500 years they will be in the same place as Christianity is now.

In the meantime, hang on to your hat.  sorry, I mean head.

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

It may be argued that religion in general is the culprit, but if religions can be said to have phases, then not all currently go through one displaying their more nasty side. Saying that bad things were done in the name of Christianity or other faiths is correct, but does not help directly address the issue at hand. If measured by historical scale, changes could take....quite a while.

And as for the assumed collective guilt trip - no. Not all "destabilized" countries exhibit a surge of religious fanaticism. It's one thing to keep things in perspective, and another to ignore that there are issues which need to be addressed.

11 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Is the USA even mentioned in the OP? Was there anything in it about bombing Pakistan? Something said about cleaning other people's house?

11 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Why are YOU posting about hypocrisy?

Many a Western country does practice such a separation, so do the PRC and Russia. Point?

6 hours ago, manarak said:

yup... one of the rare things communists got figured out correctly is religion.

In practice, Communism essentially just replaced one system with another. Many of the underlying principals still apply.

I think the main danger (and it is a major one !) with Pakistan and Islamism is that Pakistan has got nukes. What if Islamists come to power there one day via elections or via a rebellion (wholly or partially) ?!  Scary to imagine !

1 hour ago, lungbing said:

It's not just in Pakistan.  A Christian of Pakistani origin was recently attacked in Derbyshire, England by Muslims.

recently in Nakhon Nowhere two Buddhists tried killing each other and in Pattaya a Christian jumped from a balcony. bluddy Islamist terror all over.

We all agree that Christianity went through a violent stage for a few hundred years then  became what it is today ,the problem with Islam is that it started ,out as a violent religion 1400 years ago ,and nothing has changed in the least its every bit as perverted now as it was then ,with men having multiple wives advocating child sex and violence as its mainstays .

Archived