Monsoon begin as per manual this year, warning for November 1st

Seem like the monsoon period begin as had it read the manual, tough weather seem to begin November 1st, so now you are warned (some complained before that I did not post about bad weather and rain in advance)...:whistling:
Disclaimer: I unfortunately cannot guarantee you'll experience lots of rain, wind, and waves, as the warning this time is based on external sources instead of the usual rain-dance by my girls...

YR, Long term forecast for Koh Samui, Surat Thani (Thailand)...

201711-wfc1.jpg

TMD, Koh Samui...

201711-wfc2.jpg

Wind Guru, Lamai...

201711-wfc3.jpg

Just looked at Windguru and the picture has changed. Now storm due here all day Thursday with much heavier winds and rain than earlier projection. Ventusky shows storm as having form of a hurricane  (vortex around a center) but without an ‘open’ eye. Could be time to batten down the hatches and bring in the lawn furniture ?

The forecast on Windguru is changing daily. (This is not unusual.)

Early Saturday morning, wind gusts of up to 156 kph were forecast. Later in the day this dropped to similar to the forecast above.

This morning, the forecast is winds back up to 132 kph. (2.5 meter waves.)

Whatever happens, it is going to be very windy and wet around about Thursday.

(Apologies to  islandguy - we were posting at the same time - sort of.)

Realized that the Ventusy link above shows the site set to a projected Thursday picture. You can activate the link and then use the calendar/date setting in lower left to pick a day to show, current date or future day. Doing this also shows the projected path if you go ahead a day at a time. So storm is not currently at the vortex stage. 

Anybody know if I can change the default setting from Bangkok . I find a weather station nearer to out district , save it to the map but when I shut down and restart Ventusky it has the Bangkok setting and my other saved places have gone.

On 10/29/2017 at 8:11 AM, islandguy said:

Just looked at Windguru and the picture has changed. Now storm due here all day Thursday with much heavier winds and rain than earlier projection. Ventusky shows storm as having form of a hurricane  (vortex around a center) but without an ‘open’ eye. Could be time to batten down the hatches and bring in the lawn furniture ?

Where ? I cannot see any storm ?

Just usual rain and wind.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=9.638;100.003;9&l=rain-3h

Anyway nothing strong enough to stop boats and tourists to Samui and KPG.

Archived