How long from city centre to DMK on a Sunday afternoon

I will be in central Bangkok one Saturday night in December and need to get a domestic flight from DMK the next day - haven't booked it yet. Ideally I'd want to be leaving the hotel about 12:00 but I don't know how long it's going to take to get to the airport. I guess there will be a lot of traffic. I read you can get part of the way on the Skytrain but it looks as though the last leg is still built up enough to be congested.

Can anyone let me know how much travel time I should be counting on?

Thanks

Re: Post #2:

30 minutes is awfully tight.

Measuring from Siam BTS Station:  10 min. to wait for the train + 8 stations @ 90 seconds between stations = 22 min.

Taxi from Morchit BTS Station to Don Meuang: I would allow 20 min., 15 min might be enough if you use the tollway.

So, 37 - 42 min. Add extra time if your point of origin is east or south of Siam Station, and/or if you want to use a bus instead of a taxi.

Lower Suk to Don Mueang using BTS to Mo Chit, and then the A1 bus to DMK takes about 45-50 minutes depending on how long you have to wait for the bus once you get off the BTS

40 minutes if you take a taxi once you get off the BTS

40 mins from Mochit by cab and you would be half way to Pattaya

14 minutes ago, wcoast said:

I'd say most of these answers are a pretty tight timeline. Taxi all the way will likely take Viparvadi hiway, and you could use the tollways in under an hour. But at least 40 min.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Several years ago, my taxi broke down.  Almost missed my flight.  I now bake in an extra 20-30 minutes.  LOL

17 hours ago, InMyShadow said:
On 10/30/2017 at 1:37 PM, Argus Tuft said:
Lower Suk to Don Mueang using BTS to Mo Chit, and then the A1 bus to DMK takes about 45-50 minutes depending on how long you have to wait for the bus once you get off the BTS

40 minutes if you take a taxi once you get off the BTS

40 mins from Mochit by cab and you would be half way to Pattaya

The 40 minutes includes the BTS to Mo Chit, not just the taxi - follows on from the first sentence. Please read carefully

OP - it helps to know what part of central bkk.  if you are not too far from an entrance to the tollway, i'd recommend taking a taxi the whole way.  once you are on the tollway, it only takes 15-20 minutes to get to DMK. 

keep in mind there is some construction going on and it will last for quite awhile (definitely through december).  this includes tearing down the entrance ramp to DMK from the lower level highway (the non toll part).

i'm still trying to confirm that the entrance ramp to DMK from the tollway will be unaffected by this construction.  i'll be going to DMK next week and will report back on that.

There are road works going on now of a bridge that is turn lane to Don Muang, apparently started Nov 4.

Major news paper has advised to give it 2 - 3 hours on top of normal commute time, due to expected traffic jams to and from the airport.

Has anyone experienced this in past few days? Trying to search for news to understand how bad the traffic is, but no one is reporting any changes. Maybe because the road works started just few days ago.

Anyone have info?

2 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Anyone have info?

we've got two threads going on this topic.  this one below is a little more current.  i fly out of DMK on monday the 13th and will provide an update on what i see. 

we'

3 hours ago, buick said:

we've got two threads going on this topic.  this one below is a little more current.  i fly out of DMK on monday the 13th and will provide an update on what i see. 

we'

Thank you, I didn't look at bkk forum.

I'm also flying on 13th, flight is at 8pm, will also update how long were the road delays.

19 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Took the A1 airport bus from Mo Chit, ride was 20 minutes, hardly any traffic. Maybe different during evening rush hour.

Thanks whitemouse - was unsure with previous post saying 2-3 hours

Keep the updates coming every one

cheers

Archived