Working permit issues

peu312

Greetings,

I have some questions regarding the working permit for a teaching position, as a non native english speaker. Do they require a certified translation of my degree, and the other documents, legalised by the Thai Embassy in my own country (Poland) or the original is enough?

I ask this because all the documents are in polish, and I need to know if I have to translate and legalise everything before I fly to Thailand.

Thanks for your help!

23 hours ago, captainhornblower said:

Generally you need all documents translated into Thai for anything to do with Government institutions/establishments in Thailand. This applies to documents in English so I am sure it is doubly true of documents in other languages.

Utter tosh, if documents are in English or Thai they do not require translating, only if they are in a third language.

Ever seen anyone translate their home country driving licence!!

On 11/1/2017 at 9:23 AM, pearciderman said:

Utter tosh, if documents are in English or Thai they do not require translating, only if they are in a third language.

Ever seen anyone translate their home country driving licence!!

Yes. I have seen people having to translate British drivers licence and passport to obtain a yellow house book.

Generally, documents in English do not need to have an official translation, but that may vary depending on where you live.   One of our Thai visa girls used to provide a translation for various ministries.   She was not qualified, but their English standard was so low, they accepted it.   What she did was pretty remedial, nothing really technical.  

Employees with languages other than English did have to provide a certified translation.  

14 hours ago, pearciderman said:

That is not required at all, never, ever. Do not confuse some jumped up official in Nakon Nowhere with a requirement by law.

I know of many instances where this has been a requirement. Everyone that I know who has a yellow house book has needed a Thai translation of their passport. Also those who have children have needed translations of passport for registration on birth certificates. 

On 11/3/2017 at 9:29 AM, puchooay said:

I know of many instances where this has been a requirement. Everyone that I know who has a yellow house book has needed a Thai translation of their passport. Also those who have children have needed translations of passport for registration on birth certificates. 

Nope, what they needed was a transliteration of their name into Thai.

51 minutes ago, pearciderman said:

Nope, what they needed was a transliteration of their name into Thai.

Nope. They needed a translation of passport. Date of issue, date of expiry and date of birth was required too.

So how about the fact that you cannot get an extension of stay based on marriage with a marriage certificate in English?

How about you cannot get an extension of stay based on employment or a work permit with a contract written in English?

In both cases the English versions need to be translated into Thai.

Many, if not most schools, have a very generic Thai contract that is signed.   I have never known the English Contract to be submitted for a Work Permit (although Immigration has asked to see them when issuing a non-B visa outside of Thailand).  

And yes, I know that they do ask for a transliteration of the name into Thai.  

I've got no idea why the OP didn't get back after asking certain questions?

OP< you can make the TOEIC test in your country. You didn't yet answer if your degree and transcripts are in Polish, or English? 

If it's written in Polish, the Thai consulate/embassy ( easier to deal with) could translate and authenticate your degree and transcripts. 

I didn't see a consulate, so you could try the embassy in Warsaw. 

https://www.learn4good.com/travel/thailandembassy-consulates-poland.htm

Thanks a lot for the info!

So far I’ve managed to do the following:

1. Certified my Bachelor’s degree  and the transcripts at the Ministry of Education

2. Obtained the legalised translations in English

3. Authenticated everything by MOFA

Now do I need to authenticate  these documents by the Thai Embassy also? It takes quite long and I live few hours away from Warsaw.

Regarding the TOEIC examination, I will do it in Bangkok.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 8:08 PM, peu312 said:

Thanks a lot for the info!

So far I’ve managed to do the following:

1. Certified my Bachelor’s degree  and the transcripts at the Ministry of Education

2. Obtained the legalised translations in English

3. Authenticated everything by MOFA

Now do I need to authenticate  these documents by the Thai Embassy also? It takes quite long and I live few hours away from Warsaw.

Regarding the TOEIC examination, I will do it in Bangkok.

Is that possible to make Non B visa and work permit for teaching without bachelor degree? I have a associate degree.

Archived