Police chief's drunk cop video leaks out - leads to explanation

webfact

2 hours ago, swissman53 said:

They have AA in Thailand. There are ca. 30 Metings all over Thailand in Thai language and a few 100 in English. It seems there are mor falangs than Thai people who need AA Meetings.. :-)

The fact that there are more Westerners than Thai's at AA meetings does not indicate that more 'Falangs than Thai people need AA meetings'..... It does indicate that Thai's are simply unaware of the issues associated with alcohol and that more 'falangs' have the sense to recognize they need assistance.

This ignorance is prevalent throughout society... This is a perfect example where the penalty for being so extremely drunk while on duty is relatively minor. 

Another example is that of a premier Bangkok Transport company, one where children are regularly transported to and from Schools and on School trips. Upon questioning their safety policy I was astounded to read that they give their Drivers a Daily Alcohol check - if any of their drivers fail they are suspended for a day !!!!!... Yes... just a day for turning up drunk at a job driving children !

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

You have frequently mentioned everything that you consider the rest of us should know about your situation here and you have my sympathy for that.  

There are many circumstances in which the RTP do serve and protect those that need help and it is daft to say there aren't but you're still saying that you wouldn't use the services of the police in a situation that called for it?

When my ex-wife's nearly new motor cycle was stolen by a (supposed) friend of hers, she reported it to the police, giving them a copy of the girl's ID card and her address, but they refused to do anything until she paid them an initial 5000 bahts for their trouble.  By the time they found her at that address, she had sold the bike, with no documents,  for 34000 bahts LESS than the bike cost.  

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

He got off lightly, should have also sent him to AA, but then again I don't think they have one in Thailand, or if they did, he would probably have to book 12 months in advance.

There is AA in Thailand, but it's pretty chaotic, just like elsewhere.  The most successful Thai program I know of is in Khon Kaen. There's a chapter that meets at Phra Mongonklao Hospital, but I'm not sure what days. There's thriving chapters all over Bangkok for farangs, but the program has not been that successful with Thais, probably because it's basically a middle class, middle western, American protestant program. I gather it's growing, but slowly. It's not a punishment, by the way.

5 hours ago, lvr181 said:

That is very 'nice' of you, but would you hold to the same principle if he was on duty and driving? :whistling:  Seems to be a case, for the copper and his boss, of do as I say not as I do.

Like I wrote at the beginning, everybody makes mistakes. People should LEARN from their mistakes. 

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

He got off lightly, should have also sent him to AA, but then again I don't think they have one in Thailand, or if they did, he would probably have to book 12 months in advance.

AA in thailand is called an inactive post, and applies even to police officers that kill people with no reason, whatsoever, same salary, now he is free to keep drinking and do whatever

4 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

When my ex-wife's nearly new motor cycle was stolen by a (supposed) friend of hers, she reported it to the police, giving them a copy of the girl's ID card and her address, but they refused to do anything until she paid them an initial 5000 bahts for their trouble.  By the time they found her at that address, she had sold the bike, with no documents,  for 34000 bahts LESS than the bike cost.  

Really.  I believe you, but it's been reported so many times here by the usual RTP-bashers that I don't believe the rest of them.

Ok, let me ask a simple question, how many here has experienced a drunk Thai police officer? Not being able to find the right words even in Thai, walking like a drunk, behaving like a drunk. Personally, I have seen this 20 times after only a total time in Thailand of 1 year. And they even sit at the local bar for free drinks (tea money) getting to that state

19 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Funny how people who say that would still not have any hesitation in seeking their help if it were needed.

You are having a joke right. 

They are hired thugs or police for hire here.

Going to them for help will cost you money if you really need help. 

Last place I would go if I need help is the police station in Thailand.

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 10:20 AM, darksidedog said:

I suppose we should count our lucky stars that he was only pissed in the radio room, rather than out on highway patrol.

Highway patrol, this is Thailand you know ??

On 10/31/2017 at 11:15 AM, wow64 said:

You are having a joke right. 

They are hired thugs or police for hire here.

Going to them for help will cost you money if you really need help. 

Last place I would go if I need help is the police station in Thailand.

You are having a joke, right?  Where would you go for assistance?

"Going to them for help will cost you money if you really need help."

Balls.

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

You are having a joke, right?  Where would you go for assistance?

"Going to them for help will cost you money if you really need help."

Balls.

I was referring to money. 

Why in the world would you offer your balls to a man in brown?

If I needed help.. social media is the best place to go in Thailand. 

18 hours ago, wow64 said:

I was referring to money. 

Why in the world would you offer your balls to a man in brown?

If I needed help.. social media is the best place to go in Thailand. 

Geez...social media, emergency assistance to those in need?  I don't think so, talk about nonsense.

Archived