Police said Burmese maid shot herself in right side - but lawyer says she was left handed

webfact

Police said Burmese maid shot herself in right side - but lawyer says she was left handed

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A top lawyer has demanded that the case of a young Burmese maid found shot dead at her employer's house in Ratchaburi be reopened.

The police dismissed it as suicide but the evidence tells a different story, lawyer Ranarong Kaewphet told Daily New Online.

Now the family want justice after going to the embassy for help in the latest case of a Burmese person apparently not receiving justice.

Ranarong itemized three key points in the case after 17 year old Wan was found shot.

* She was shot in the right side and the gun was found in her right hand - but she was left handed.

* There were TWO shell casings found on the floor.

* The maid had managed to open her employer's gun safe to get the gun.

In addition Ranarong said that no proper procedure was done to forensically examine the corpse of the dead woman.

The police signed off on the case saying that it was suicide - probably because the victim was cross about her elder sister going back to Burma.

The lawyer dismisses this as nonsense.

Speaking ironically he added: "Didn't the police find it strange that a Burmese maid would know how to open the safe of her employer to get the gun?"

Now he plans to blow the case open after the mother and father of the victim went to the Burmese embassy in Thailand to appeal for justice.

He added: "These people come to work in our country legally but they are clearly not adequately protected under the law".

A meeting will be held tomorrow in which more details are expected to emerge.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-30

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

For the cops it was simple math.  She was Burmese, ergo, suicide. 

I believe it was simple math, but I suspect the math involved was a nice bung to the cops for reaching the somewhat dubious verdict.

1 minute ago, RickBradford said:

I hope the lawyer looks after himself well, or he could accidentally fall into the Chao Praya river having attached two cement blocks to his feet after tying his own hands.

It might start with a Glasgow smile, who knows? 

4 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

I hope the lawyer looks after himself well, or he could accidentally fall into the Chao Praya river having attached two cement blocks to his feet after tying his own hands.

Yes; another suicide pending. Cops'; biggest mafia in Thailand.

I am left handed but always shoot with my right, pistol & rifle. Always have.

So to me, that is debatable.

What I don't understand is the fact that there were two shell casings found, one wound and no report of finding the missing second (actually first) bullet remains and path.

I've got an in-law who was a Senior Sgt Major for about 9 years.  He finally told me he has finally managed to save enough to buy his Lieutenant's commission, and now that he had that, his income stream would practically double.  And he wasn't talking about his legal salary.

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'm right handed but pretty sure I could pull a trigger with my left hand !! However, the lawyer is probably on the ball with this case... Good on him

yes you probably could...but the question would be...why would you use your left hand? (considering you are totally right-handed that is). I agree totally about the lawyer.

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

In Thailand, the crime doesn't matter. It's:

The status of the person that committed the crime.

The status of the victim.

When it is a wealthy Thai, versus Burmese peasant, there is only one outcome to the case......... 

sickening society and culture. 

Yup ... it's a clear cut caste system

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Did they do any gun powder residue checks on the owner, or even on her right hand ?

Do they know what a gun powder residue check is?

More likely the owner / employer told them the maid got the gun out of the safe and shot herself. A few wais and thank you sirs and that was it.

What I don't understand is the fact that there were two shell casings found, one wound and no report of finding the missing second (actually first) bullet remains and path.

You don't understand because you are assuming that:

• the Thai police are competent;
  • the Thai police are acting in good faith, and
  • the reporter has sufficient common sense to accurately transmit information they were given

A failure on any of those three points and you have an easily understandable situation.

17 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

I am left handed but always shoot with my right, pistol & rifle. Always have.

So to me, that is debatable.

Same here. And it's because my master eye is the right one. 

Agree more interesting is why 2 shell casings, how she opened the safe, (was the gun kept loaded), and the lack off powder residue checks. 

I hope some TV producer will be inspired one day and bring us "CSI: Thailand". He or she surely would have more than enough material to spin into hilarious screenplays and we all could look forward to enjoy what is destined to become the top comedy show of all time. Move aside, Seinfeld, inept Thai cops coming through!  

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the latest case of a Burmese person apparently not receiving justice.

Yep, I can think of two Burmese guys who 'received justice' they never asked for, and are still on death row in their capacity as scapegoats.

That Burmese nationals still come to Thailand for work only proves that :

1/ They badly need the money, and

2/ Humans always assume that 'it only happens to others, not me'.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Did they do any gun powder residue checks on the owner, or even on her right hand ?

What they did was rapidly cremate the body. Money and influence once again involved here in the land of two tier justice. If you're rich and influential you can murder the poor and get away with it. simple as that.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I've got an in-law who was a Senior Sgt Major for about 9 years.  He finally told me he has finally managed to save enough to buy his Lieutenant's commission, and now that he had that, his income stream would practically double.  And he wasn't talking about his legal salary.

Well I hope you gave him a right ear-bashing.

How can Thailand hope to escape from the third world when this goes on.

Better to be poor and honest than rich and rotton to the core.

Archived