Police said Burmese maid shot herself in right side - but lawyer says she was left handed

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, yannic said:

If you want to kill yourself with a pistol, why would you should yourself in the side??? I guess you would use the chin or head, no?

Good point. Not the mouth though; in case you bit off more than you could chew, dropping the gun shooting yourself in the foot.

I agree with just about most of what has already been written.  But it would be interesting to know a little more about the young lady.   There is no wealth of detail.  The employers - what do they say?  Depressed because the sister went or was going back to Burma??There has to be a lot more to the story.

4 hours ago, chrisinth said:

I am left handed but always shoot with my right, pistol & rifle. Always have.

So to me, that is debatable.

What I don't understand is the fact that there were two shell casings found, one wound and no report of finding the missing second (actually first) bullet remains and path.

As with bearboxers reply... you are both obviously regular shooters, and bearboxers reply clearly demonstrates the why of it (for regular or experienced shooters)

this would not apply to a burmese maid who would naturally use her dominant hand.... to do otherwise would be highly irregular. (Assuming of course, that she herself isn’t a regular shooter.... but then, if she were, she would likely use her own sidearm)

seems like just another dead farang by suicide.... with luck, this form of scrutiny may make automatic suicide assumptions less likely.... always providing that the lawyer doesn’t commit suicide before any investigations goes much further

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'm right handed but pretty sure I could pull a trigger with my left hand !! However, the lawyer is probably on the ball with this case... Good on him

She was left handed so shot herself in the RIGHT side by choice, and used her RIGHT hand by choice - I don't think so! And I wonder if her fingerprints are on her employers safe? Too many unanswered questions in my opinion - shades of Koh Tao perchance?

"These people come to work in our country legally but they are clearly not adequately protected under the law".

And I agree with what you say about the lawyer, but he needs to watch his back!

So why 2 shell casings?

Usually the victim isn't able to shoot themselves twice.

my guess is on sucessful suicides, the  gun falls way from  the hand upon hitting the floor...

a a real investigator would have  a good idea whether suicide or not based on uncontaminated findings...

5 hours ago, chrisinth said:

I am left handed but always shoot with my right, pistol & rifle. Always have.

So to me, that is debatable.

What I don't understand is the fact that there were two shell casings found, one wound and no report of finding the missing second (actually first) bullet remains and path.

Well, you might, but I too am left handed and I shoot with my left, pistol or rifle to my left shoulder. Always have.

So how many 17 year old Burmese maids living in Thailand do you think can operate a pistol using either hand?

15 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Well, you might, but I too am left handed and I shoot with my left, pistol or rifle to my left shoulder. Always have.

So how many 17 year old Burmese maids living in Thailand do you think can operate a pistol using either hand?

And not too many 17 year old Burmese maids know how to load a gun, and how to switch the safety off.

Why does that all smell fishy? Can't you smell that smell, the smell is around you? 

+ 1  I'm left handed and I shoot with my left hand. Trying to shoot with my right hand gives me a creepy feeling. 

News that just came in from the New York Times:

WASHINGTON — Paul Manafort and his former business associate Rick Gates were told to surrender to federal authorities Monday morning, the first charges in a special counsel investigation, according to a person involved in the case.

The charges against Mr. Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, and Mr. Gates, a business associate of Mr. Manafort, were not immediately clear but represent a significant escalation in a special counsel investigation that has cast a shadow over the president’s first year in office.

Nothing seems to be surprising anymore......

In other countries they can find the killer 30 years after the event, here they could not find a 2000bt note in an empty room

Burmese

they have a fixation that only they kill people as no Thai could do this

Now I can see why they expect 900.000 expats to visit the hospital very soon, a report off another site.

Land of the Bu>>>>>>

Simply cannot be done try it, but with out the gun being loaded please

If you are a farang you count for nothing here.

She had enough of all the sexual assaults and abuse from the lovely Thai gentleman. The police please the sooner a real PM steps up and stands up for the people the sooner these types of officers will be what we call deleted or a discontinued line 

1 minute ago, mdmayes said:

Bib are the laziest police force in the world. They put in the least amount of effort to close a case. Justice takes a backseat when it comes to police work in Thailand. 

And all the countless drivers who don't have a license give them song reu without them having to ask for Bakchich. 

Make that times 20 a day and their salary must be great. 

6 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I hope some TV producer will be inspired one day and bring us "CSI: Thailand". He or she surely would have more than enough material to spin into hilarious screenplays and we all could look forward to enjoy what is destined to become the top comedy show of all time. Move aside, Seinfeld, inept Thai cops coming through!  

He would have to be a very brave or very stupid producer,and not afraid of anybody !!!

44 minutes ago, Media1 said:

She had enough of all the sexual assaults and abuse from the lovely Thai gentleman. The police please the sooner a real PM steps up and stands up for the people the sooner these types of officers will be what we call deleted or a discontinued line 

It would be great to have a functioning democracy, unfortunately are the new laws not in favor for anybody who's not with them. Anybody who's against him can be arrested without a warrant and held for seven days. 

Article 44 allows the Prime Minister to issue "executive orders" to "disrupt or suppress" threats to national security of the monarchy, and Gen Prayuth has said that under the new measure soldiers would be "able to apprehend people, if an incident occurs, without an arrest warrant." With other words, he can do what he wants and even when the army wasn't innocent in the war in Bangkok a while ago, they can't be prosecuted for it, while the opponents are still under fire.

A strange situation for all who don't agree with the genius. 

"These people come to work in our country legally but they are clearly not adequately protected under the law"

No one is protected under Thai Law, not even Thais unless they are Rich.

2 shells found by the body? So she shot herself twice? Wasn't she dead the first time?  

On 30/10/2017 at 3:57 AM, cornishcarlos said:

I'm right handed but pretty sure I could pull a trigger with my left hand !! However, the lawyer is probably on the ball with this case... Good on him

The point is would you use your  non primary hand for anything if you didn't have to? 

Archived