"Free" new beach umbrellas and chairs in Pattaya are not free at all!

webfact

"Free" new beach umbrellas and chairs in Pattaya are not free at all!

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Sophon Cable TV reported that the first lot of "free" new umbrellas and beach chairs were handed out to operators in North Pattaya on Saturday.

But the swanky equipment - emblazoned with Chang advertising - was not really free at all, said posters.

8pm2.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Operators had to pay 9,800 baht each for the green cushions to go with them.

A ceremony was held to hand out the first lot of new "earth tone" 42 inch umbrellas and white recliners. These went to the first 40 operators who had registered their names.

Then came the news about the cost of the cushions.

The idea is that Pattaya beach areas will look nice for the upcoming international boat show to be held from November 13th to 22nd.

It is the latest move after pitch sizes were changed and days of operation controlled by the authorities in a bid to standardize the operators.

Posters such as "Rangtip Eve" said: "Well, they are not free are they."

While others questioned what Chang got out of the deal apart from free advertising.

Thaivisa notes that Sophon reported the story without asking the operators what they felt about it all.

The rest of the equipment will be handed out to the remaining operators on the 16th of November said Sophon.

They said there are 118 different operators on Pattaya's beaches and they are allowed a 9x7 meter plot each that is smaller than before.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-30

1 minute ago, champers said:

The 9800 Baht price is not each; it is per plot. I think there are 20 loungers per plot. So 490 each, bought from the council.

so about the same amount that CHANG paid for the advertising  +a few brown ones

25 minutes ago, champers said:

The 9800 Baht price is not each; it is per plot. I think there are 20 loungers per plot. So 490 each, bought from the council.

Yes I'd go along with about 500 baht each if they were bought in bulk which they obviously were

Sounds a reasonable price, but do the cushions have a Chang logo too, or will the logo on the bedchair simply be covered over.

On another point......is it not illegal to advertise alcohol, especially on the beach were it is banned.....just asking.....:whistling:

5 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Sounds a reasonable price, but do the cushions have a Chang logo too, or will the logo on the bedchair simply be covered over.

On another point......is it not illegal to advertise alcohol, especially on the beach were it is banned.....just asking.....:whistling:

i believe they have got that covered by saying it is ads for water products

i believe they have got that covered by saying it is ads for water products

That is why all of the major beer makers also sell bottled water. If you look at their logos, it does not have alcohol bottle or glass in it....so the vendor can indeed simply say they are selling water.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, burgdawg said:

...Pattaya has a beach? Who knew?

Yes used by many who dont consider crawling out of bed at 5pm with a screaming hangover a holiday

Lovely to while away a few hours spot of sun to boot.

Try it sometime

'The idea is that Pattaya beach areas will look nice for the upcoming international boat show to be held from November 13th to 22nd.' After which, it will revert to its normal shitty state?

'Posters such as "Rangtip Eve" said: "Well, they are not free are they."' Certainly not for the beachgoers. No doubt the operators will recover a lot more from them.

1 hour ago, 4evermaat said:

That is why all of the major beer makers also sell bottled water. If you look at their logos, it does not have alcohol bottle or glass in it....so the vendor can indeed simply say they are selling water.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Chang water ads  are blue and beer green. That looks green to me. I know this as I have had the ridicules  beer police visit me

Operators had to pay 9,800 baht each for the green cushions to go with them.

............only in Pattaya.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Screw them they have been hassling tourists wanting to lay on a towel for decades

Suk it up boys time to get rid of those 20 year Ratty tatty chairs and umbrellas. Can't afford it? Go work in a factory!

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Alcohol is not specifically being advertised, the Chang brand that sells a lot more than alcohol is.

What about the law prohibiting alcohol advertisement. 

Beer lady dresses , glasses and beer condom, fridge doors can not show a beer brand at least in Chiangmai area.

So it is permittes on  umbrella....Interesting idea for all the food courts...just put umbrellas over the tables...

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

consistency ? thailand ?

Archived