Extension of METV by 30 days

Hello everyone ! Just to doublecheck and to be sure that nothing has changed recently, I would like to ask, if it is still possible to extend the METV visa (for European citizen 58 yo) after the first 60 day stay at the immigration office. Thanks so much. The holiday is coming up and so we can plan the trip.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can extend any of the 60 day entries from a METV for 30 days at a immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

thanks so much appreciate your quick reply. Greetings from Italy .... coming soon to Thailand

• 4 months later...
On 30/10/2017 at 10:37 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can extend any of the 60 day entries from a METV for 30 days at a immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

Hi there! I was wondering the same, thanks for the information. Do you know if Thai embassies accept plane tickets within 90-day periods to fulfil the requirements for multiple-entry 6-month visas? I'd like to get a METV and stay for 60 days + 30 days extension, then fly out, then 60 + 30 again, and fly out and back in before the METV expires, if it's possible. Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, Syre said:

Do you know if Thai embassies accept plane tickets within 90-day periods to fulfil the requirements for multiple-entry 6-month visas?

I think that is one of those things that will vary depending on the country where you are applying for the visa. In most cases, the critical condition is the financial proof. Other requirements can often be waived if you can present a reasonable case why (as a tourist) they are not compatible with your plans. For instance, if you explain that you are planning a six month holiday around Asia, flying into Bangkok, and then visiting different countries with an eventual return from Bangkok six months later, embassies will tend to accept this. Some embassies, however, will not.

• 11 months later...
On 10/30/2017 at 4:37 PM, ubonjoe said:

Hey Joe, just to clarify for me ... my last 60 day visa in a US METV runs out March 21 ... can I get 30 days at any Immigration Office? Need to be sure before I change the flight. 

Thanks!

DS

12 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

Hey Joe, just to clarify for me ... my last 60 day visa in a US METV runs out March 21 ... can I get 30 days at any Immigration Office? Need to be sure before I change the flight. 

I assume you have gotten the last 60 day entry just before your visa expired.

You can apply for the 30 day extension at any immigration office if you have an address to put on the application form that is for where they are located.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MrKFC said:

Thanks!

On 10/30/2017 at 4:37 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is no exception for March 21st or any other date.