A Thai mother's anguish as long lost daughter found buried under trees in Petchaburi

rooster59

A Thai mother's anguish as long lost daughter found buried under trees in Petchaburi

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GP7zhlicd3b8N5pZ4r.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

A mother believes that a long wait to find out what happened to her 16 year old daughter who went missing six years ago is finally over.

Following new evidence that came to light in the disappearance of Jariya Srisak or "Nong Nam" Petchaburi police and a forensics team went to a lot behind a house in Soi Sala Loi 4 in Muang district and started digging.

One meter down they found human skeletal remains wrapped in plastic. Mother Janthida Srisak arrived on the scene with Paweena Hongsakul who fronts a public help foundation and confirmed that items of clothing  as well as hair samples were her daughter's.

An initial forensic examination revealed the victim had a broken molar and a broken rib. DNA examination is expected to confirm that the remains are those of Nong Nam.

Mother Janthida told Thai Rath that a friend of hers called Pla introduced her to a woman in Petchaburi in 2011 who said she could find her daughter work as a home help with a woman in Bangkok.

The Bangkok woman arrived and took her daughter away promising that she would bring her back home to visit her mum every week. She did not do this and from February to April 2011 the only contact she had was by phone.

Then one day her daughter called to say she was going to run away and suddenly the line went dead. Fearing that her daughter was in trouble she tried to contact the person who had organised her employment but all contact ceased.

She reported the matter to the Paweena Hongsakul foundation for children and young women but attempts to get a lead with the help of Petchaburi police failed to turn up sufficient evidence of a crime.

Everyone said that Nong Nam had just run away and disappeared.

Janthida said she went to Paweena because the case involved a "person of influence".

Then in October of this year she heard from an informant described by Thai Rath as a "good Samaritan" that her daughter had been attacked and buried behind the house of the mother of the woman who had introduced her to her daughter's employer.

This confirmed a dream she said she had had about the location of her daughter.

This time Paweena managed to persuade the police to start digging resulting in the remains being found.

Petchaburi police are investigating to find those responsible.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-04

This is the sick kind of headline that just ruins my day.

This is where " an eye for an eye would be good"

Catch this <deleted>, break her molar, crack her ribs & then incarcerate her for a long time .

Person of influence indeed ,,,, Come on police, do your job & don't take the money

46 minutes ago, hdkane said:

really...my sympathies are only for the poor child...thais have no regard for their children...no one with an once of integrity or love for their child would have approved such an arrangement...

My wife's family let her go to work in Bangkok at 15 years old (to support their idle lifestyle) and she wonders why I have problems respecting them. One can only imagine what could have happened to her. She still wants to support them now but with the little money I give her now after the birth of our child six months ago, she has hardly any money to give them. Now they are supported by their only son and I expect their 12 year old daughter will be next inline to support them.

59 minutes ago, hdkane said:

really...my sympathies are only for the poor child...thais have no regard for their children...no one with an once of integrity or love for their child would have approved such an arrangement...

Unfortunately your sympathies won’t to the poor girl any good.

sympathies may however, help those left to mourn their loss

one wonders at the saying, “ better to know”... the only real upside to this is the hope that by knowing, justice can be done... that said, now it’s known, I do also hope that healing can begin.

48 minutes ago, hocuspocus said:

My wife's family let her go to work in Bangkok at 15 years old (to support their idle lifestyle) and she wonders why I have problems respecting them. One can only imagine what could have happened to her. She still wants to support them now but with the little money I give her now after the birth of our child six months ago, she has hardly any money to give them. Now they are supported by their only son and I expect their 12 year old daughter will be next inline to support them.

Nail on the head !  I know a lady who is seriously struggling to make ends meet and took her daughter out of college to go to work and now sends some of the daughter’s wages to her family up north. This practice is everywhere, the duty to family causes immense hardship in it’s own right. But one dare not criticise, as I quickly learned !

1 hour ago, hdkane said:

This is ignorance in it`s purest form. Once the woman failed to bring the girl back home on the first week, this should have sent alarm bells ringing in the mother`s ears and the mother if not obtaining any positive responses by phone or from the police, should have immediately with due haste gone to find her daughter to wherever the daughter was meant to be staying at the time. Also as usual no father on the scene, but the mother could have asked other relatives or friends to accompany her expressing her concerns.

Who knows what happened to that girl, the mind boggles and can only assume the worse. Stupidity that makes the blood boil.

4 hours ago, hdkane said:

Bullshit..thais have no regard for their children.... Bullshit

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

This is ignorance in it`s purest form. Once the woman failed to bring the girl back home on the first week, this should have sent alarm bells ringing in the mother`s ears and the mother if not obtaining any positive responses by phone or from the police, should have immediately with due haste gone to find her daughter to wherever the daughter was meant to be staying at the time. Also as usual no father on the scene, but the mother could have asked other relatives or friends to accompany her expressing her concerns.

Who knows what happened to that girl, the mind boggles and can only assume the worse. Stupidity that makes the blood boil.

..may have been a false scenario created.

Archived