BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
engrin

The Book That Helped Me (and My Friend) Quit

2 months of no smoking for me.

Its seems like I never smoked. Those things don't look worthwhile at all to me.

If and IF I get anyh cravings to smoke with my work. I just think of the filth it is and why would I want to bother. Then I drink some fluids and I'm good to go.

Onward!!

ThaiPauly,

YOU have to be smarter than that piece of paper and dried leaves. YOU have to be smarter than the mammoth sales job the smoking industry promoted.

Who is the Master? Who is the slave??

I hope that helps!!

I'm sneaking up on 3 months.

And I actually got myself up to jogging speed today. I think I might check if there is any running races scheduled in the area to give me some sort of goal.

I bought the book and finished it this weekend. I am on day 3 now and looking forward to establishing myself as a non-smoker.

18 years of second hand smoke because of my mom.

20 years of off and on chewing tobacco

5 years of off and on smoking

Now 3 days as a non smoker in training for the second half of my life.

I'd say the book does very well to give you the tools to make the right decisions and choices.

Sorry,but you will NEVER be as you call it a 'non-smoker'.There are 3 typrs pf smokers.

1-Smoker

2-Non Smoker

3-EX-Smoker(this is what you will be should you stay off them,good luck btw!!

To me there is no great secret in giving up,if you want to stop and i mean WANT to stop you will,simple as end of...

I bought the book and finished it this weekend. I am on day 3 now and looking forward to establishing myself as a non-smoker.

18 years of second hand smoke because of my mom.

20 years of off and on chewing tobacco

5 years of off and on smoking

Now 3 days as a non smoker in training for the second half of my life.

I'd say the book does very well to give you the tools to make the right decisions and choices.

Sorry,but you will NEVER be as you call it a 'non-smoker'.There are 3 typrs pf smokers.

1-Smoker

2-Non Smoker

3-EX-Smoker(this is what you will be should you stay off them,good luck btw!!

To me there is no great secret in giving up,if you want to stop and i mean WANT to stop you will,simple as end of...

I feel simply like a nonsmoker, not an ex smoker. Like I don't consider old girlfriends exes. The relationship is either over or changed.

Would you put exsmoker on your resume? Would you put ex boyfriend to 100s of women? Smoker Yes or No. Married, yes or no.

Maybe ex just seems so negative like there is a cloud over people who are exes.

Not me.

Edited by Head Snake

if you really cant buy the book where you are then I have a pdf file of the book i can send if anyone would like it.

i quit smoking 10 days ago :o

good luck to everyone and i think i still need a bit of luck myself

For those who like me have not been successful with 'the easy way to stop smoking' u MUST read the hardcore version of that: THE ONLY WAY TO STOP SMOKING PERMANENTLY by the same author. It's an amazing book where he talks about heaps of interesting things. Less repetitive than the first one. I stopped for 5 years! I bought the same book for my three friends who bought me the first one and that by the way after one year they started again. They have not opened it yet... :o

Bought the book in June and just finished it 2 weeks ago (ADD? :D )

Got a cold last Monday and have been sick ever since. Flew to North Amertica on Wednesday and haven't had a single one for 6 days 8 hours 23 minutes...........24 minutes but who is counting? Staying in a non-smoking room for the first time in 30 some odd years and it doesn't smell awful.

HOpe I make it another 6 days (and then another and another and another). :o

Bought the book in June and just finished it 2 weeks ago (ADD? :D )

Got a cold last Monday and have been sick ever since. Flew to North Amertica on Wednesday and haven't had a single one for 6 days 8 hours 23 minutes...........24 minutes but who is counting? Staying in a non-smoking room for the first time in 30 some odd years and it doesn't smell awful.

HOpe I make it another 6 days (and then another and another and another). :o

I find it became easier when I stopped counting the days. It is supposed to be the Easyway to stop smoking - I am beginning to really think that part of the brainwashing tobacco companies have developed is the myth about how difficult quitting is - quite a good way of keeping up sales me thinks.

Cheers BB

Just saw this forum in passing.

I read Easy Way to Stop Smoking after smoking for about 20 years.  That was 2 years ago.  It worked exactly as described.  I smoked my last cigarette and would now be more likely to eat a packet of cigarettes than put a lit cigarette in my mouth!  It was easy.  The best book I've read in my life.

The mystery is why people still talk about patches and will power...

Read it! Don't delay!! :o

I don't understand how people quit with this book. I read it in 2 days and it did not resonate with me at all. In fact I actually smoked more after I read it. I WISH it worked for me! I don't smoke much, only when drinking, but when I do I smoke a LOT. And I always feel like hel_l the next day. I would love more realistic tips on how to stop. Are there medications I can take to help?

I don't understand how people quit with this book. I read it in 2 days and it did not resonate with me at all. In fact I actually smoked more after I read it. I WISH it worked for me! I don't smoke much, only when drinking, but when I do I smoke a LOT. And I always feel like hel_l the next day. I would love more realistic tips on how to stop. Are there medications I can take to help?

It's like being wrapped around a sheet made of illusions and excuses for ourselves. That's why it doesn't work for some people BUT it could! There is nothing to lose, only to gain.

I have friends who smoke a sigarette a month or one sigarette a week and feel very proud thinking that they don't need to smoke. But they still are smokers though irregularly and like regular smokers can't stop.

The first question to myself would immediately be "why do I 'need' to smoke only on certain occasions?" If I'm honest with myself I'm already halfway toward the quitting stage.

What works for most people is that first of all they don't rely entirely on a book to stop smoking. Medications have a very low success rate.

You don't expect the book to hypnotise you and make you an ex-smoker. You have to really really WANT to stop and usually heavy smokers are much more motivated with this than drinking/occasional smokers. Also being optimistic is vital. My best piece of advice is: do not hope or wish that you could stop. WANT it and visualise it as if it had already happened.

I gave the book to a friend who gives people to think that he can control his smoking by taking regular breaks from it. A real illusionist.. He came back to me saying that the book was boring, repetitive, etc.. Well, the book is more than realistic than we think. It's very simple and logical. There is no catch. That's why it has a 97% success rate.

When I read the first book - the easy way to stop smoking - I 'gave up' for a couple of months, stuffed myself with junk food and felt very melancholic. I used the willpower basically, which hardly ever works. I was smoking even more because a feeling of failure mixed with fear had a strong grip on me and this was caused by the way I interpreted the book and it's one of the effects that tobacco has on most smokers. I still had doubts that I could be successful. I wasn't confident with myself, that's why it was easy to start and difficult to stop. I wasn't ready and was still punishing myself for various things by smoking.

Then I read the hard-core version: THE ONLY WAY TO STOP SMOKING PERMANENTLY. By the 6th chapter I was shaking as if I were balancing myself on a thin rope and was going to fall at any time. The right message was transferred directly to the right part of my brain. At some point I had to take responsibility for myself because nobody else would do it for me. So I 'jumped' to the ex-smokers side. I gave it a try this time with the determination to be happy and free. This was in 2002.

If most people can do it why can't you..? It's like letting yourself fall backwards in the certainty that there would be something soft to fall on.

does anyone have a PDF copy of the more hardcore version of the book?