The Book That Helped Me (and My Friend) Quit

engrin

A member here has sent me a PDF copy of Allen Carr Book. I will let you know how it goes. Like I have always said "You only fail when you stop trying"

Cheers Tony

Im almost finished the book and I am feeling positive about having that LAST puff tonight when I have finished the book. To become an ex smoker after 50 years of filling my body with poison, I guess it will feel like some kind of freedom.

Cheers Tony

Try an get the real book, it's cheap.

I think you need a better environment then in front of a monitor to absorb the spirit of the message.

You can read words, you need to feel them for it to work, read it slowly and re-read things if your not feeling whats being told at any sentence.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have the hardback copy of the book. If anyone (in Thailand) would like it, please let me know by PM and I will post it to you. Otherwise I will just bin it. First come first served.

• 3 months later...

I read the book yesterday and smoked my last cigarette when I finished the book.

Obviously too early to say if it was a success but can't stop thinking about smoking :blink:

If anyone has got PDF of book I would appreciate you sharing it. My mate that I borrowed the book from has taken it back and I feel I might need to read it again if I get weak :jap:

I have sent PM to people offering to send PDF but no replies yet

Edited by lovelaos

Thanks for the reply...not long winded at all.

I only notice the stench in the house in the morning before I light up..after that I can't smell it at all. But of course anyone who visits my house who does not smoke can!

Funnily enough I chain smoked through 20 years in the publishing industry..deadlines, space to fill etc.

I have to set myself a deadline and date pretty soon now.

I have enough to last me just for today. Monday is a good day to start !

TP.

I had not smoked for 20 years and after sensory deprivation in a hospital in CM several years ago, following Chronic Pancreatis - started again, Recently after pnueumonia and Bronchial ashtma I have had to stop again., I loath the smell and filth of the habit but not a day goes by when I do not miss it !!

• 3 months later...

I read the book and haven't smoked for three weeks, barely think about it now, and am delighted to be a non-smoker. I'll never look back.

Congratulations. I am still delighted 18 months on. So much more energy. :D

• 7 months later...

i stopped after reading the book. Its not magic but it certainly is genius as far as i'm concerned. I do think there are two basic requirements needed to insure success. You have to WANT to stop. Secondly you have to be in the RIGHT FRAME OF MIND. These are a must imho.

We these two on board, read the book, follow the instructions and stopping will be ridiculously easy.

I would also advise everyone to keep a copy of the book for future reference.

Good luck to one and all.

• 3 months later...

Allen carr's book series about quit smoking is very beneficial for those who want to quit smoking. I have become a great fan of his book. Many bollywood as well as hollywood stars have quit smoking after implimenting Allen carr's theory..

Stumbled upon this thread for 4 months ago, wasn't even planning on quitting, but it has worked so far (4 months). Plus, I am extremely cynical and never buy into any of these types of schemes, so don't think it is just for the weakwilled dreamer types. Just wanted to say thanks to the OP. If anyone wants the .pdf, let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think maybe the only reason to call yourself an ex-smoker is to remind yourself that the hadit can come back really easy. I quit for 20 years, cold turkey. Then one night I was out with the guys and thought "gee that looks good. It's been so long just one can't hurt." So I bummed one and it was so good an hour or so later I bummed another. The next day I found myslef buying a pack "because I can control it now and just have one once in a while with morning coffee."

A week later I was a smoker again and I still smoke and need to quit. Bummer. I did it once because I was furious with a big tax increase and "wasn't going to pay it." Well, I guess you do need some motivation and that was it.

Now I'm going to try that book but regardless, I did it once and I'll do it again.

Cheers.

I think maybe the only reason to call yourself an ex-smoker is to remind yourself that the hadit can come back really easy. I quit for 20 years, cold turkey. Then one night I was out with the guys and thought "gee that looks good. It's been so long just one can't hurt." So I bummed one and it was so good an hour or so later I bummed another. The next day I found myslef buying a pack "because I can control it now and just have one once in a while with morning coffee."

A week later I was a smoker again and I still smoke and need to quit. Bummer. I did it once because I was furious with a big tax increase and "wasn't going to pay it." Well, I guess you do need some motivation and that was it.

Now I'm going to try that book but regardless, I did it once and I'll do it again.

Cheers.

Once you quit - just stay away for ever!