Christmas Day Lunch

Farangdanny

3 hours ago, Loaded said:

Does anyone know how much Big C are charging this year for their poultry on rice offering? You'll be surrounded by smiling Thais and beer girls.

I had contemplated spending 3k THB on poultry and veggies surrounded by miserable old farang gits, but feel suicide would be more enjoyable.

A poultry sum I would guess.

I think I might settle with a delicious 7/11 45 Baht frozen Japanese curry heated in the microwave. Then spend my savings on the delicious more aged version of Jack Daniels (was 1200+ I think in Tesco which sounds reasonable, especially if a liter). Should be having French coffees too at this time of year, so some brandy as well. Getting drunk is just as much a Christmas tradition as turkey.

12 hours ago, Loaded said:

Does anyone know how much Big C are charging this year for their poultry on rice offering? You'll be surrounded by smiling Thais and beer girls.

I had contemplated spending 3k THB on poultry and veggies surrounded by miserable old farang gits, but feel suicide would be more enjoyable.

Whatever floats yer boat, old chap. 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, mat999 said:

I think I might settle with a delicious 7/11 45 Baht frozen Japanese curry heated in the microwave. Then spend my savings on the delicious more aged version of Jack Daniels (was 1200+ I think in Tesco which sounds reasonable, especially if a liter). Should be having French coffees too at this time of year, so some brandy as well. Getting drunk is just as much a Christmas tradition as turkey.

I was seriously thinking of spending a few baht to have a restaurant dinner on Xmas day, and then I realised I'd rather spend it on a few DVDs and something microwaveable from Rimping.

I'm with Loaded on it.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 12:12 PM, Thailand said:

Star Wars is on at the cinema too for Xmas day. They didnt have the fancy Jack Daniels at Tesco, must be in Rimping or Tops. Cheapish brandy is fine for Christmas French coffees though. 

Maybe we will just go to Dukes for the early bird 205 Baht meatloaf and mash the day before or after xmas. All the decor will be up. Close enough. 

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyone feel like reporting on their restaurant dinner?

Thoroughly enjoyed Christmas Dinner at Anantara. Great buffet food: in addition to a full turkey dinner with lots of trimmings, they had some nice seafood; Thai, Chinese, Indian and Peruvian (yes, Peruvian) choices. They also had cold meats - prosciutto, ham etc and some excellent cheeses. More cakes and chocolate than you could poke a stick at. All washed down with as much Prosecco, half decent Chilean white, very approachable Chilean red, chocolate Martinis as you could drink. A shot of Vodka was offered to accompany the salmon. Santa came along with a couple of very pretty helpers with legs up to their armpits and there were some very nice Christmas carols and songs performed by children from Dara Academy. There was room for my 10 year old and his mate to run around when they got bored and a very pleasant setting by the river. All this cost a hefty 3,531Baht (3,000++) per head (half price for kids), but in my view it was well worth it!

5 hours ago, millwall_fan said:

Thoroughly enjoyed Christmas Dinner at Anantara. Great buffet food: in addition to a full turkey dinner with lots of trimmings, they had some nice seafood; Thai, Chinese, Indian and Peruvian (yes, Peruvian) choices. They also had cold meats - prosciutto, ham etc and some excellent cheeses. More cakes and chocolate than you could poke a stick at. All washed down with as much Prosecco, half decent Chilean white, very approachable Chilean red, chocolate Martinis as you could drink. A shot of Vodka was offered to accompany the salmon. Santa came along with a couple of very pretty helpers with legs up to their armpits and there were some very nice Christmas carols and songs performed by children from Dara Academy. There was room for my 10 year old and his mate to run around when they got bored and a very pleasant setting by the river. All this cost a hefty 3,531Baht (3,000++) per head (half price for kids), but in my view it was well worth it!

Once a year and all that. If you and the kids enjoyed it, then it’s worth it.

2 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

Christmas was last week.  I cannot believe this thread is still in progress.  

I believe that all being well there will be another Christmas next year so maybe people are thinking that far ahead or simply asking for comments on what was available this year?  1514123.gif

On 27/12/2017 at 11:49 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyone feel like reporting on their restaurant dinner?

We went to The Pub. Amazing value for a lamb roast (think it was less than 300). First time been there and will certainly be going back. Flat-ish Guiness, but still very nice. No bitter on tap or Magners bottles, but seems like a good option in a great location.

Anywhere does bitter on tap near Thaepae Gate or towards center of Old City? 

Archived