‘Violent attack’ in Brit tourist’s plea for fundraising exposed as fake

snoop1130

‘Violent attack’ in Brit tourist’s plea for fundraising exposed as fake

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1510054650_1-org (1).jpg

PHUKET:-- The British man who claimed his leg was broken when he was mugged at gunpoint in a violent attack in Phuket last Thursday (Nov 2) fled the island with his wife this morning (Nov 7) on a flight to Dubai before before police could present him with CCTV evidence showing him jumping from a hotel balcony in Patong.

Michael Laverty, a 50-year-old Army veteran, and his wife Denise, both from Newton Aycliffe, Durham, northeast England, launched a fundraising campaign to pay for hospital bills after Mr Laverty suffered multiple leg fractures.

In the plea to raise funds on the popular Crowdfunder website, it was claimed that Mr Laverty sustained his injuries in a vicious mugging in Phuket last Thursday (Nov 2) just hours after the couple landed on the island to celebrate Mr Laverty’s 50th birthday.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/violent-attack-in-brit-tourist-plea-for-fundraising-exposed-as-fake-64608.php#qFsS7F1hfccBIe3r.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-11-7

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just goes to show you should never judge a book by its cover. Ex Army Veteran!

You would of thought he could of dreamed up a better cover than the crap he and his other half came out with. 

I hope the tabloids run with this tomorrow and no doubt waiting at the airport when they return later. 

Pair of scumbags. Who needs friends like them!

Lol - I figured it was something like a moto accident that he was trying to cover up.

Wouldn't have suspected he was trying to break into hotel rooms and jumped from a balcony (maybe surprised by someone in one of the rooms he was trying to get into maybe) !

Well....I hope that any idiot that donated to this criminal gets money back through an eventual court appearance back in England......
I will share this with my friends In England.....These toe rags need dealing with...

Would hardly call them idiots. They have been scammed trying to help someone in need. A little gullible maybe but some of these people may have known this scum for years.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

Jump out a window so you get injured and then make a false claim for money?

The man could have been killed.

This couple makes Dumb and Dumberer look like Nobel Prize winners

I think maybe he was up to no good, in a hotel he was not checked into.....was disturbed ...fell, then the story was concocted accordingly.....

1 minute ago, imaderbyfan said:

I think maybe he was up to no good, in a hotel he was not checked into.....was disturbed ...fell, then the story was concocted accordingly.....

quote from the Phuket news article.......

"Capt Ekkachai noted that the couple were not even guests at the Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa. Instead, they were staying at the Swissôtel Resort Phuket Patong Beach."
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/violent-attack-in-brit-tourist-plea-for-fundraising-exposed-as-fake-64608.php#lrcwedk4rS8tpowW.99

Just now, Peterw42 said:

There is a "report" button on the crowd funder site. I have put one through

I've reported it as well, with a link to the news story in the OP. All going well they will cancel it and refund everyone's money.

10 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

Jump out a window so you get injured and then make a false claim for money?

The man could have been killed.

This couple makes Dumb and Dumberer look like Nobel Prize winners

I don't want to point to a specific nationality, but from recent reports it seems that it has become a national sport in the UK to claim things that did not happen. The number of "Food poisoning" claims from UK holiday makers in  Mediterranean countries has increased dramatically. As some are more "clever" than others, they just forget to adjust their social media profiles to their claims. Social media is fantastic holidays, back home is poisoning.

Archived