Disrespectful words by gf

BusyBee1976

6 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

My wife since we met has absolutely no male friends, foreign or Thai that she chats with alone. She doesn't chat with husbands of her friends unless they are together. If she speaks to a man it will be something related to work. 

This is normal Thai tradition, a respectable married woman has no social contact with other men, unless her husband is present.

(But I always get slammed when I say this)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:03 AM, kenk24 said:

I think some of it depends on who she is chatting with... My wife chats with her friends, I speak on skype or email with my friends... why wouldn't we? But we are not talking with strangers and if I am on skype, my wife is perfectly welcome to come in and say hello...

I assume your jealousy is at not being included and depending on who she is talking to, is not comfortable for you... if it is not comfortable for you and she does not respect that, you are probably better off elsewhere... 

If she refers to him as มัน, that's not a good sign. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:18 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

This. This. This is absolutely, 100% percent true, yet no one gave you any likes for this post. It just shows how many advice dishers are completely clueless on this forum.

My wife since we met has absolutely no male friends, foreign or Thai that she chats with alone. She doesn't chat with husbands of her friends unless they are together. If she speaks to a man it will be something related to work. 

Not a massive generalization at all. 

So many generalizations on this thread about Thai/Asian women.  All based on the personal experiences of the individuals writing them and completely dismissing the fact that a person's personal experiences (or the experiences of those they socialize with - birds of a feather etc) are not necessarily the reality. Despite all this, OP, I feel obliged to say that in your particular case, the responses are probably accurate.  It would be interesting to see what an average middle class Thai or Asian female would make of the unwritten social rules regarding relationships that have been offered up here, and deemed accurate by those that have posted them. 

Archived