Questions About Bkk Imm And Nong Khai

hey guys. Gonna be up in Khon Kaen for a while and my first TR visa is running out around mid FEB, and i am just trying to figure out where i should go for my 30 day extension.

What is the BKK immigration like ? Very busy i imagine ? can anyone shed somelight on the location or advise me about it ? I am thinking it might be easier just to bus up to Nong khai and go to that immigration place. Any opinions on that place or location ? I've never been to Nong Khai before. It is still 1900 bahts and 1 passport size picture for the 30 day extension ?

thanks for any help with this issue, much appreciated :o

cory

hey guys. Gonna be up in Khon Kaen for a while and my first TR visa is running out around mid FEB, and i am just trying to figure out where i should go for my 30 day extension.

What is the BKK immigration like ? Very busy i imagine ? can anyone shed somelight on the location or advise me about it ? I am thinking it might be easier just to bus up to Nong khai and go to that immigration place. Any opinions on that place or location ? I've never been to Nong Khai before. It is still 1900 bahts and 1 passport size picture for the 30 day extension ?

thanks for any help with this issue, much appreciated :o

cory

ok

Cambodian border is nearer. Lao/Cambo visas both $25. http://www.thaivisarun.com/

thanks for the reply! and the link. Hmm helpful, because i will be doing visa runs after around there soon but first i am gonna do a 30 day extension in-country. can anyone else advise about the immg. offices in bkk or nong khai ?

thx again for the reply Trevor

Nong Khai can be reached from Khon Kaen by train or Bus.

The Thai immigration office is about 500 m from the bridge to Laos. The best way is you take a tuk tuk from the train or bus station immigration.

Nong Khai has friendly and efficient service. Tourist Visa extensions are finished in about 30 minutes.. In the last 10 years I did several Tourist visa extensions there. No problems.

Regards

Thedi

PS: The Cambodian border is NOT closer from Khon Kaen.