"Man with two heads" needs help

webfact

"Man with two heads" needs help

5pm.jpg

Picture: Workpoint News

Workpoint News reported on a Lopburi man living in poverty who has a large tumor on the side of his head.

The tumor is so bad that the locals call Jaroon Suanmali, 71, the man with two heads.

Reporters caught up with Jaroon who lives in a corrugated iron shack in the Thale Chupsorn sub-district of Lopburi's Muang district.

Doctors have told him that it is a brain tumor. It has been getting worse and worse for ten years.

He said he has two children who have done what they could and he still goes to work and gets the odd 100 baht.

But he is in pain and finds it especially hard to sleep at night. He said his existence is torture and he wants to take a whole load of pills and never wake up again.

"They call me the man with two heads," he lamented, adding that he tried to get treatment years ago but ran out of money. Doctors told him it might clear up on its own but it didn't.

He is not even sure it can be treated now.

A bank account has been set up in his name at the Big C branch of Krung Sri Ayuthaya bank in Lopburi. The number is 792-1-02754-5.

Source: Workpoint News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-09

2 hours ago, JAG said:

Basic universal health care?

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yea I wonder how that works, he should have been eligible as all Thais are eligible. Should have send up higher to the better hospitals, though I wonder if much can be done (and if the knowledge is there to do something about this extreme case).

I also doubt if they will spend too much money on expensive individual cases (not sure about it because I hear about good aids treatment also not cheap on universal healthcare)

"Doctors told him it might clear up on its own but it didn't."   Huh?

I hope someone with authority or lots of money out there in this country sees this poor man's condition and helps find a surgeon who can remove this awful tumor. Frankly, although there have been some dark humored comments, it is hardly a comical situation for him. Very sad to see in 2017.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Yea I wonder how that works, he should have been eligible as all Thais are eligible. Should have send up higher to the better hospitals, though I wonder if much can be done (and if the knowledge is there to do something about this extreme case).

I also doubt if they will spend too much money on expensive individual cases (not sure about it because I hear about good aids treatment also not cheap on universal healthcare)

I really don't know. either how far the healthcare extends, or indeed (perhaps especially) what medical solutions there may be. However I would have thought that at the very least they could help him be more comfortable. I have no medical training, (other than basic first aid) but I would have thought that if a tumor, and it has been growing for ten years, then it is probably not malignant? Put bluntly, if it was cancer it would have killed him by now?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Doctors told him it might clear up on its own but it didn't

Quality medical advice, wonder if he also left with the standard bag of paracetamol, antihistamines and anti inflammatories.

He could get better advice from a pharmacist.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

I really don't know. either how far the healthcare extends, or indeed (perhaps especially) what medical solutions there may be. However I would have thought that at the very least they could help him be more comfortable. I have no medical training, (other than basic first aid) but I would have thought that if a tumor, and it has been growing for ten years, then it is probably not malignant? Put bluntly, if it was cancer it would have killed him by now?

Your probably right sounds logical anyway, I don't know if giving him painkillers would make him feel better or if there are other things that can be done. I hope someone will help him now there is media coverage. Who knows something can be done, lets hope so. 

Callous troll posts and replies have been removed.

Where are the so called "moderators"?

Moderators are not able to review each and every post that is posted. There is a Report button available on every post on this forum for members to use to report objectionable content, please use it. 

This is a terrible situation that needs to be investigated & quickly.

If they can successfully operate & separate  Siamese Twins then this unfortunate man should be able to be operated on & his comments about wanting to die because of the pain make it well worth while having a try at least.

Incidently I sent a donation last night

31 minutes ago, natway09 said:

This is a terrible situation that needs to be investigated & quickly.

If they can successfully operate & separate  Siamese Twins then this unfortunate man should be able to be operated on & his comments about wanting to die because of the pain make it well worth while having a try at least.

Incidently I sent a donation last night

"Incidently I sent a donation last night"

Why are you telling everyone about it?

On 11/9/2017 at 10:54 AM, webfact said:

A bank account has been set up in his name at the Big C branch of Krung Sri Ayuthaya bank in Lopburi. The number is 792-1-02754-5.

Let's donate to Jaroon Suanmali instead of writing non sense on this thread.

Archived