Still Need 400,000 Baht To Change To Non Imm O In Bangkok?

I advised my friend that he could change his 30 day stamp to a Non Immigrant O with proof of 40,000 income per month for the last three months. However, the third floor wanted to see 400,000 baht in his bank account.

Have they still not changed to the new rules? I thought they were supposed to change after Nov 15th of last year?

:o

They are still using the old rules at last report.

Ouch. I feel like a jerk for telling my mate the rules had changed.

Any word on when they might get around to using the new rules and not asking for a wad in the bank? Perhaps this could be a way to stop too many people visiting the third floor. :o

Any word on when they might get around to using the new rules and not asking for a wad in the bank? Perhaps this could be a way to stop too many people visiting the third floor. :o

they can just use any rules they want. sometimes 400,000 baht, other times only the 40,000 baht a month and I heard one time in the forum that they required both.

They are still using the same rules while having the discretion of using the new rules for extension of stay. (The third floor is still waiting for the new rules. )

Have your friend go to an embassy and get the 90 day "O" visa. Then the extension of stay can be obtained with 40K income per month.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

There has been no change for those in the system. But at some time in the future bank deposits will have to meet the 3 month rule.

Last Friday extended my visa for another year;no problem,10 minutes and done,but my wife brought a letter certifying her annual salary,the Imm officer didn't even want to look at it and controlled only my income.Will be a long time before Immigration learn theyr own rules! :o

Thai income must be proven by tax receipts - not by letters. If she had that and you were short they probably would have been interested.

As you perhaps remember she works for the government,believe the tax is withold automatically from her monthly salary.(not sure thogh,TiT)

I were not short,of course,but this shouln't be the point,the visa is not for supporting wife" anymore,or am I wrong? :o