Good or bad experiences at bx.in.th

davidst01

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2017 at 1:40 PM, cookai said:

Have used for several years.  Have done 30+ withdrawals, with no problems. Longest delay was about 12 hours.  There is a trading fee and a withdrawal fee - about 120 Baht for 100k.  They have KBank and KTB.  They are the main exchange in Thailand, and if you have THB or need THB a great way to get funds in or out.   No Americans allowed.  

Agreed i have been using them for a little under 18 months and the service and platform is fine, IHMO the best  bank account you can link to the exchange is a K-bank account, your trading account is usually credited within 15 to 30 minutes using K-bank

One must follow their T&Cs to the letter otherwise you risk getting your account locked out, i saw on FB someone complaining that they had been lock out when trying to open another account on the exchange, but one of the T&Cs specfically states you can only hold 1 account on the exchange

On 7/24/2018 at 9:47 PM, Riok321 said:

i had Such a Bad experience with them.. very bad verification process Very bad Team .. i submit passport and all documents with selfies even spoke to them ova phone they confirmed every thing is fine ..but once i submitted documents rejected and rejected with rubbish reasons ..Sign the document i did write Bx web name on document i did.. but, Still Rejected no Reasons lolssss annoyed.. 

I was verfied and on the exchange in less than 4 hours, what your nationality, some are prohibited from using the exchanges, Americans being 1 of them

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, Scottjouro said:

I was verfied and on the exchange in less than 4 hours

I don't spend much time with crypto trading but unless I'm mistake I notice on bx.in.th there is no option to put a STOP sell order on any crypto holding? Surely with the high volatility of this stuff that would have been a given or am I misunderstanding something here? 

Admittedly a very newbie question here - but - why is it that Bx seems to lag behind prices on other sites.  For example, at the moment, I see Bx selling XRP at 16.61 while on CoinGecko, it shows 16.96?  Please forgive in advance if it should be obvious...

On 11/7/2018 at 7:02 PM, MJKT2014 said:

I notice on bx.in.th there is no option to put a STOP sell order on any crypto holding? Surely with the high volatility of this stuff that would have been a given or am I misunderstanding something here? 

A STOP or any market-based order is useless without a very strong liquidity.

Look at their book. Most of the orders per price level are way below 100K baht. Many under 10K baht and plenty under 1,000 baht. A few large STOP orders, of a say a few BTC each, hitting that book will cause a local crash and just increase volatility.

20 hours ago, MamaSan said:

Admittedly a very newbie question here - but - why is it that Bx seems to lag behind prices on other sites.  For example, at the moment, I see Bx selling XRP at 16.61 while on CoinGecko, it shows 16.96?  Please forgive in advance if it should be obvious...

Local (Thailand) cash flow and demand decides the price through bid/offer prices. Sometimes it's higher, some times lower. You will see that many places. Go to coinmarketcap.com and click "markets" under a currency and you will see all the brokers and the different prices. Cheers! 

2 hours ago, XGM said:

Look at their book. Most of the orders per price level are way below 100K baht. Many under 10K baht and plenty under 1,000 baht. A few large STOP orders, of a say a few BTC each, hitting that book will cause a local crash and just increase volatility.

Yup, agree; liquidity is key for stop loss orders to work for bigger orders. That said; unless we are talking complete crashes, it would still be a nice feature that most others have. Cheers!

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, XGM said:

But on Bx there is not any option to sell when a lower price level is crossed, so punters are left holding in a continued bear market unless they monitor exchange 24hours? Afaik Bx only offers option to sell when an upper level is reached, OK if you are long. This seems to put me off trading with Bx.

BX  is a good site that usually works well but it has only limited trading options. The stop loss usually won't work anyway as the coins can be so volatility that with the daily ups and downs,  you can get stopped out...Also with big moves,  the price level can blow right thru your stop level and get filled at a price you don't want. Don't count on 'stops'   to protect you.  Too much price action.  Good Luck !!!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/5/2017 at 12:49 PM, Dario said:

Not long ago I was also looking for a reliable Bitcoin exchange in Thailand and I chose the largest: https://bx.in.th/. I do not regret. Support is lightning fast. I made another deposit this morning. 8 minutes after I sent proof of payment, the money showed up in my account. That is service! Trading is absolutely great with them. I can recommend this company.

I recently registered with bx. Is it necessary to buy and sell on the same day like you do on a normal stock exchange? I'm a first timer in crypto trading. Some guidance would be appreciated.

deposit some money first and then you start your first trade. but you can keep your money in the baht wallet.  no need to trade on same day.  you like bitcoin you should buy soon.  we are going to 20k in next months

11 hours ago, mysterym2m said:

I recently registered with bx. Is it necessary to buy and sell on the same day like you do on a normal stock exchange? I'm a first timer in crypto trading. Some guidance would be appreciated.

Buy and sell whenever you want. Some people trade often, others buy and hold for years. Your choice. No pressure to buy or sell.  Good Luck !!!

1 hour ago, how241 said:

Buy and sell whenever you want. Some people trade often, others buy and hold for years. Your choice. No pressure to buy or sell.  Good Luck !!!

Exactly, much better than the stock market. Right now the cryptos are moving up, the Bitcoin made a 15% bull run within the last 24 hours. Cryptos you can trade around the clock, day and night, even on weekends and public holidays. 

57 minutes ago, Dario said:

Exactly, much better than the stock market. Right now the cryptos are moving up, the Bitcoin made a 15% bull run within the last 24 hours. Cryptos you can trade around the clock, day and night, even on weekends and public holidays. 

Yes, so far, so good.  Bitcoin is up around 200%  in the last several months.  Hopefully it will continue upwards. People that joined the crypto party at the worst time, around Nov./Dec.  2017 ,  are now getting close to break even, IF  they held on and continued to cost average while the markets were WAY down. The 24/7  trading can be good and bad.  If you start day trading,  you can never sleep. haha.  Not like the stock markets where you get the weekend off.  I don't day trade so it doesn't affect me. Good Luck to us all !!!

On 9/21/2018 at 9:57 PM, icofriend said:

For me, Thailand is exotic and I would not like to put my money there ...

Thailand hasn't had the great # of bank failures like the USA has.  I don't believe anyone has lost money in a Thai bank, even with all the coups. I am NOT counting stupid mistakes people do with their atm cards while drunk.  Those errors can happen anywhere.  For the last 2-3 years Thai banks have lagged behind USA banks with lower interest rates so there is no good reason to keep a lot of money here.  When I first arrived in 2009,  Thai banks were paying slightly higher rates than the west. 

• 2 months later...

Archived