It's a Thai rip off as marathon organizers take the money and run!

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, petermik said:

Love it.......it could only happen here..........:sorry:

p.s. I,m thinking of holding a tiddly winks world championship in the near future...would I need a work permit.....:whistling:

So you are seriously claiming that scams only can happen in Thailand?  I must be misunderstanding you because this sounds completely ignorant.  Or do you just like to bash Thailand any time anything bad happens here?  And yes you'd need a work permit to organize a tiddly winks championship, if you do the work in Thailand.  

Can't wait to see how Little P spins this sad international-ripoff story with a positive pro-junta slant.  I'm sure he'll blame the foreign runners for the fiasco and then congratulate the evil (non)event organizers thieves for thinking safety-first and preventing possible running injuries by disappearing into the nearest sewer before the event could take place.

Par for the course, there are many examples of 1 thai ripping off a partner (be it thai or fr ng) organizing sports events. This is the natural course of events as promoters get savy the scum turn their attention to the partucipants.. as i compete in sports here you often see the entry form and bank acc details for you to pay uofront.

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

That's too bad.  Anymore things like this happen and Thailand and kiss these sorts of activities good bye. 

Including the Carabao Cup, hopefully . . . never felt comfy, with it coming here.

Wow - I am surprised. I thought that 'tourist scams' only happened in Turkey!

TAT couldn't get a better way of telling the world about 'tourism scams' in Thailand. But they don't have any commonsense to quickly refund, pay costs and mitigate the damage that will be reported in news media overseas plus online media! Minister Kobkarn should be sacked for incompetence! :post-4641-1156693976: Definitely a lack of high order critical thinking, again. Another brain and it would be lonely.

Should of at least given the runners a soapy massage....which is now tax deductible. Love Thailand-land of SmilesLOS Now we are in the 21st century it is LOR (Land of Rip offs). Money talks and sh....t walks. Speaking of which. Where is Red Bull Boss? LM<deleted>AO. A magician is Red Bull and had a so called Interpol notice issued yet no where to be seen for years. Feel sorry for the poor here having to put up with the fool leaders who drink Tea Money all day and every day and don't care about justice!

Typical, reminds me of another little gem that happened in soi cowboy years ago when the mama san told all the girls to put their phones behind the bar when working......... Surprise surprise, no mama san and no phones ...... Bottle glass, bottle glass, now you see it, now you don't......... can't help themselves.....

4 hours ago, petermik said:

Love it.......it could only happen here..........:sorry:

p.s. I,m thinking of holding a tiddly winks world championship in the near future...would I need a work permit.....:whistling:

I’m not sure they did any “actual” work.... so you should be right ?

2 hours ago, wealthychef said:

So you are seriously claiming that scams only can happen in Thailand?  I must be misunderstanding you because this sounds completely ignorant.  Or do you just like to bash Thailand any time anything bad happens here?  And yes you'd need a work permit to organize a tiddly winks championship, if you do the work in Thailand.  

Or pointing out it happens in Turkey.... damn Turks.

5 hours ago, saakura said:

I have been taking part in these runs (mini, half, super-half marathons) in Bangkok and other cities for the last about 18 years, so several hundred runs. Most of them are well organised, a few could have been done better but only very few were poorly organised, but never been cheated. I hope the authorities track down the organisers and take action.

Did you take part in the marathon in which they messed up the length of the course? :smile:

Nothing surprising. Do not hold your breath for the government to do anything. The police could find them but but but. TAT will just brush it under the carpet. To much of a problem for them. THE LAND OF SCAMS. To much hassle for the minister in charge. Western countries would have the investigations full ahead on the same day.

this is why I never donate to people coming around in the bars or outside supermarkets collecting for the blind or children. They get their copy collectors ID easily printed. Sorry to say..

1 minute ago, shaurene said:

Nothing surprising. Do not hold your breath for the government to do anything. The police could find them but but but. TAT will just brush it under the carpet. To much of a problem for them. THE LAND OF SCAMS. To much hassle for the minister in charge. Western countries would have the investigations full ahead on the same day.

this is why I never donate to people coming around in the bars or outside supermarkets collecting for the blind or children. They get their copy collectors ID easily printed. Sorry to say..

I don't think you need to apologize, it's a healthy cynicism.  I sometimes do, I sometimes don't... just as I sometimes give to beggars in BKK, I sometimes don't.  Most of my Thai friends think I'm mad to give money to beggars but I sometimes give the benefit of the doubt. 

'Take the money and run'...? Whatever the richly paid mandarins of TAT might spread at huge cost: the LoS stands, for quite some time already, alas, for: the 'Land of Scams ' (as far as I can witness about, the 'Smiles' are long gone anyway)! What is happening with this country?!

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Did you take part in the marathon in which they messed up the length of the course? :smile:

Yes, i remember one half marathon somewhere on the outskirts of Bangkok where not only the distance was messed up (much longer) but also the water stops were too far apart. Lots of angry runners, but all forgotten and forgiven! This was about 12yrs ago somewhere near Nawamin area if i remember correctly.

Archived