Japanese reporters at the hospital as victims in horror crash named

snoop1130

Japanese reporters at the hospital as victims in horror crash named

821815-01.jpg

Independent News Network reported that Japanese reporters were on the scene at the hospital where four of their countrymen and women lay in the morgue awaiting collection.

Four Japanese tourists were killed when their minivan crashed into a turning ten wheel truck in Pathum Thani and caught fire.

They were named as Kumiko Komeima, 59, Yoshio Komeima, 68, Katsuhiko Narimoto, 65 and 30 year old Haruka Narimoto.

Also killed was their Thai guide Piyathip Khreuangtai.

The group were on their way from Bangkok to Ayuthaya. Several people survived including the minivan driver.

INN said that the Japanese embassy in Bangkok had contacted the victims' relatives and they were on their way to the Thammasat Chalermprakiat Hospital to pick up their loved ones.

But reporters had already arrived at the hospital. 

Source: http://www.innnews.co.th/shownews/show?newscode=821815

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-10

Thais are very quiet about this unfortunate accident. I was asking locals in Pathum Thani about this incident and they knew nothing. The driving norms lately are getting out of hand. Way too many inconsiderate drivers on the road and way too many aggressive, ready to kill drivers. Police must do something about it and stop this madness.

11 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

Thais are very quiet about this unfortunate accident. I was asking locals in Pathum Thani about this incident and they knew nothing. The driving norms lately are getting out of hand. Way too many inconsiderate drivers on the road and way too many aggressive, ready to kill drivers. Police must do something about it and stop this madness.

What police??  Oh you mean those "tax" collectors in brown you see on the side of the road before midday lol!

Up here in Isaan there is an intersection a few miles out of town where the "police" put up a road block very nearly every day, in the exact spot, at 9.00am and always disappear at midday on the dot.  Its a common joke up here that if anyone wants to hit the road drunk, unlicensed or with an illegal load etc, then you dont leave until 12.05.

The day I got my Thai license we were on our way home and got stopped at this checkpoint.  I proudly presented my new card only to be told I had to pay 400 baht (farang price) because it expired that day.  There was a roar of laughter from the other cops when my wife explained he was looking at the issue not expiry date!!?? 

When I got my Thai drivers license I couldnt believe you had to go to a major centre to renew it.  I told my wife that at home you can renew at your local post office or by post.  I then asked her "Are you telling me that everyone in our village has to go all the way to Udon to renew?"  "oh no" she says, "most dont have licenses, they just pay 100 baht or so to the police if they get caught.  There are no police in our village and if you need to travel you dont leave or return home until lunch time...so never a problem"!!

I asked my brother in law one night what the solid line up the middle of the road means?...I dont know he says.  What about the broken line?.....I dont know he replies.  Where did you get your license?  Oh you just go talk to the guy that greets you at the entrance to the local traffic office car park...he can get you anything in there for 2,000 baht, and you only have to go in to have your photo taken....20 minutes and its all over lol!

Does that answer that common question on the road as to how that maniac Thai driver in front managed to pass his driving test!

Archived