BJJ in Bangkok at reasonable rates

manchega

Hi, I want to find a bjj in Bangkok where the rates are reasonable.  If I wanted to pay London prices I would live in London, I train with all sorts of people all over the world.  I come to BKK and it seems only the privileged practise and pay 2 or 3 times minimum wage to play for an hour or so.

Surely there are some real gyms here too?

also would really like to find no gi, its hot enough already without wearing pyjamas, surely soemone will let me roll around with hi tech sports fabrics instead?

ha ha ha, not sure if you did think that or not.

i mean jujitsu for the two js.

hopefully that is clearer.

watch out for those ladyboys though, they look pretty scary to me.

I want to find a reasonable priced place to roll with other practitioners instead of 500 thb +.  its

• 1 month later...

bkk has four bjj gyms to my knowledge and they usually offer a 500 baht one day fee for group classes and about 3000 to 4000 or so for a month etc. No idea what London gyms charge, but that seems about right, instructors need to live, eat, pay rent etc like everyone else. The gyms are BKK fight lab, Q23, Arete and one i dont remember the name of. Google to find locations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 12:47 PM, uncleeagle said:

bkk has four bjj gyms to my knowledge and they usually offer a 500 baht one day fee for group classes and about 3000 to 4000 or so for a month etc. No idea what London gyms charge, but that seems about right, instructors need to live, eat, pay rent etc like everyone else. The gyms are BKK fight lab, Q23, Arete and one i dont remember the name of. Google to find locations.

That is over the top....should not cost more than 2-300 baht for a training session.  If these guys cant afford to eat with that, then they are shopping/eat in the wrong places. 

hmm, I get the earning a living thing.  Current price means your average Thai is unable to afford.  Only those who are relatively wealthy can roll.

Since it seems there is only 4 gyms any pointers on ease of travel to location from any members or teachers on forum?

i.e. how easy to drive to any of these.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

EMAC in Silom would be the most affordable. Walk ins are 300 baht per session, or you can pay 1800 baht per month to train 3 times a week every week. So that would break down to 150 baht per session if you showed up 12 times per month. There are 3 black belts that teach currently, but they host many different traveling BB's, so those numbers fluctuate. There are roughly 6 gi, and 4 no-gi sessions per week.

• 9 months later...

I agree, the fees of BJJ gyms have priced me out of the market. I've trained in other cities for a lot more affordable prices. I guess a lot of the cost is in rent for the property in Bangkok.

Thanks for putting on to EMAC Fish096. That could be the solution.

Archived