Australian tourist Stacey Liddle to go home next week

rooster59

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not to sure about this but because the injury occurred in Thailand while she was riding a motorbike whilst unlicensed and her travel insurance would not cover the claim whether she will be able to claim for her medical treatment back in Australia. I think that normally Medicare will not cover any medical injuries that happened outside of Australia and if she had private medical insurance in Australia I am not sure if she will be able to claim on that. I think the family is going to have to rely of the continuation of their lies to attract sympathy from the Australian people to pay for her treatment. I think there is still a lot of things that need to be sorted out by her and her family. I think that one of the first things is that they should stop telling lies to the Australian media about the Thai hospital and about her condition

19 hours ago, sanemax said:

Most foreigners go to private hospitals , as do richer Thais .

Poorer Thais go to public hospitals , where the treatment is basic .

Thai public hospitals are for Thais , not for foreigners .

Thais get subsidised health care , foreigners do not

I went to a pvt hospital and i was very happy with the service and bill  I had Blood taken  Saw a doctor twice and she gave me 25 minute consultation not 5 mins like in Aus Also a scan  and Pills Would of cost me 5 times as much if i did  that in Aus Dont forget Aus Pvt health cover only covers you for all this in a Pvt Hospital if you are admitted  Its the same here but a lot lot cheaper and if i need surgery done i would not hesitate to do it here Least you get a nice room

So no complaints from me

9 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I am not to sure about this but because the injury occurred in Thailand while she was riding a motorbike whilst unlicensed and her travel insurance would not cover the claim whether she will be able to claim for her medical treatment back in Australia. I think that normally Medicare will not cover any medical injuries that happened outside of Australia and if she had private medical insurance in Australia I am not sure if she will be able to claim on that. I think the family is going to have to rely of the continuation of their lies to attract sympathy from the Australian people to pay for her treatment. I think there is still a lot of things that need to be sorted out by her and her family. I think that one of the first things is that they should stop telling lies to the Australian media about the Thai hospital and about her condition

Russel spot on She had no license there fore goodbye travel insurance If she is telling lies maybe she did not even have travel insurance But you are right her family are telling lies because Medicare  and pvt health insurance the same unless she stated with them she wanted travel insurance  Bupa does it The Pvt Thai hospitals what i have seen of them are very good  So she can stop Bitching about them also

Just now, Happyman58 said:

Russel spot on She had no license there fore goodbye travel insurance If she is telling lies maybe she did not even have travel insurance But you are right her family are telling lies because Medicare  and pvt health insurance the same unless she stated with them she wanted travel insurance  Bupa does it The Pvt Thai hospitals what i have seen of them are very good  So she can stop Bitching about them also

Medicare will not cover her  

This is one claim that her mother has made to Australian media and they don't even know where the accident happened.

Stacey Liddle: Australian injured in Bali scooter ... - News.com.au

Meanwhile, Ms Liddle remains in “terrible” conditions in hospital.

“Cats are in the ward, dogs are walking next to rats,” Leanne told Nine News.

“I didn’t even imagine a hospital would be like that. I don’t think they’ve ever had a healthy surgery in here.

“Stacey’s a chronic asthmatic, we can’t even own a cat and there’s cats eating off the dinner trays when you take them to a table.”

Previously, Ms Liddle’s friend Sinead Markham told news.com.au she was also concerned about the unhygienic conditions at the hospital.

“It has no air conditioning which is making her uncomfortable as she is always hot and sweaty,” Ms Markham said.

This is from another report in a different newspaper

“They said they’re probably going to amputate from above the knee but we don’t want that to happen so that’s why we’re doing everything we can to get a medical flight to get her home to a hospital in Australia and give her the best possible chance,” Ms Markham said.

“She has ants crawling over her in the hospital. It’s absolutely disgusting and the beds are rusting and she has to lie in her own sweat and blood.
I do not believe any of these claims as I have been to several public and private hospitals here in Thailand and have never seen anything like what they are claiming. I believe they are making these claims to tug at the hearts of Australian people so that they will give more money. Instead of bludging off people they should borrow the money from the bank, but then they would have to pay the money back
You can call me synical if you like but I do not like bludgers that deceive other people to get money

9 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Medicare will not cover treatment received out of Australia, but will not deny treatment in Australia regardless of the origins of the illness or injury.

Thanks rules rules u cant keep up with them ok thanks

28 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

This is one claim that her mother has made to Australian media and they don't even know where the accident happened.

“I didn’t even imagine a hospital would be like that. I don’t think they’ve ever had a healthy surgery in here.

“Stacey’s a chronic asthmatic, we can’t even own a cat and there’s cats eating off the dinner trays when you take them to a table.”

Previously, Ms Liddle’s friend Sinead Markham told news.com.au she was also concerned about the unhygienic conditions at the hospital.

“It has no air conditioning which is making her uncomfortable as she is always hot and sweaty,” Ms Markham said.

“They said they’re probably going to amputate from above the knee but we don’t want that to happen so that’s why we’re doing everything we can to get a medical flight to get her home to a hospital in Australia and give her the best possible chance,” Ms Markham said.

“She has ants crawling over her in the hospital. It’s absolutely disgusting and the beds are rusting and she has to lie in her own sweat and blood.
I do not believe any of these claims as I have been to several public and private hospitals here in Thailand and have never seen anything like what they are claiming. I believe they are making these claims to tug at the hearts of Australian people so that they will give more money. Instead of bludging off people they should borrow the money from the bank, but then they would have to pay the money back
You can call me synical if you like but I do not like bludgers that deceive other people to get money

I agree with u sir I have seen the hospitals here No way have i ever seen that here also The pvt hospital i was at the other days was immaculate What she is saying is just a bloody lie

33 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Be awesome if the hospital pressed slander charges and got her arrested, she would be forced to stay here to face the charges !!

4 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Does she have a leg to walk on?

Prob not spicy  But she sure does have big mouth and tells lots of lies People like her give Aussies bad names as i said Pvt hospitals in Thailand are pretty good I give credit where its due not some big mouth Aussie lady bagging the hospital that saved her leg

42 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Be awesome if the hospital pressed slander charges and got her arrested, she would be forced to stay here to face the charges !!

Send the ungrateful  cow home and she can take her so called ants with her

More lies in the Australian press to defraud money from people

Since then she has been stuck in the city’s Vachira Phuket Hospital where she has undergone three operations on her deteriorating leg.

“She just went in for surgery last night because the back, her Achilles, has been cut as well so the heel started going black,” Ms Liddle’s mum Leanne told Nine News.

“So they had to chop more at the back. She’s got NO FEMUR she’s got no calf muscle, it’s like a big list.

“Her kneecap had to get sewed back on. All the tendons are gone, all the nerves are gone, all the veins are broken. If they can keep the leg, she’ll never be able to bend anything.”

That is what has been written in the Australian press

The big problem is that the femur is the only bone in the leg that goes from the hip joint to the knee, if you do not have a femur then there is nothing to support the thigh muscles and stop the leg from flopping around like a piece of jelly

this is a total load of lies and her and her family are a disgrace to the people of Australia

It is going to be interesting when the investigation into the accident is released and she is charged because the accident was her fault

17 hours ago, Russell17au said:

thhat's right, but if you don't take out travel insurance then you must accept the financial resposibility of what ever happens to you and not try and pass that responsibility onto other people

Must agree 100% to this.

Looking at tourist news of Thailand it seem to many want to live in the high life to early without planning about money.

Even i know many of married farangs in Pattaya could have a marriage visa, but cannot because cant show money in bank.

Now please tell, if you cant show money in bank for visa then what happen if in a emergency?

Am sure those guys dont have insurance.

7 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

Must agree 100% to this.

Looking at tourist news of Thailand it seem to many want to live in the high life to early without planning about money.

Even i know many of married farangs in Pattaya could have a marriage visa, but cannot because cant show money in bank.

Now please tell, if you cant show money in bank for visa then what happen if in a emergency?

Am sure those guys dont have insurance.

I am sorry tingtongtourist but this is going away from the original post about Stacey Liddle, I would give you the answers on another post

4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I can tell you this kind of middle age+ women in Australia is quite common.

If the lips are mooving you can be sure they will be rubbishing on others or complaining.

This one is a good example, they love to go on and on and exagerate about how bad everything is.

Dont miss em at all and after having a happy going Thai lady it can be no wander so many guys in Thailand will prefer a slow and painful death before the thought of having to go back to one of them  

6 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

I have not seen any slander statements from her, only from a friend and her mother.

But the police could still charge her and her friend for riding without a license or if they presented their Aust car license to hire the bikes then they could face charges of deception, but she can also be charged with causing the accident which would mean that she would have to pay for the damage of the bike plus any damage to the bus.

Techno, her friend has had somethings to say to the Australian press also

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And is the mother here on Phuket?

I am not sure if she is here or even if she has been here but while I was checking I came across this piece that has been sent to The Phuket News and I hope it also gets to Australia media.

I saw this story on the Australian news (click here) and thought it grossly one sided and uninformed. I wrote to the news channel to try to give them a more unbiased view of the Vachira hospital. Please see my email below of my opinion of their biased reporting:

Although I sympathise with the lady who had the accident, I think what was reported regarding the Vachira Phuket Hospital to be grossly exaggerated.

I too had a motorcycle accident in Phuket a few months ago. I was taken to the same hospital and received excellent medical attention for the four days I was in the hospital. The wards are old, yes, but not filthy. This is after all a public funded hospital and is used mainly by Thai people.

There are no doctor’s surgeries in Thailand so the local Thais use the hospitals for any ailments and problems that we in Australia would normally see our GP for. In that respect obviously the government hospitals are very busy and the medical staff overworked.

These hospitals are there for the Thai people and I think its fantastic that they take foreigners who are sick or have accidents and treat them because they do not have or have invalidated their travel insurance by not checking what and what they are not insured for.

I am sure Ms Liddle did not also check that she needed a motorcycle licence to drive a motorbike in Thailand not a car driving licence like most tourists who flock here every year and rent motorcycles. Her insurance would not have been valid any way if she was driving on a car licence.

There are plenty of excellent private hospitals in Phuket if she is not happy with the Vachira hospital.

From the video I saw she was veering over the white lines and did not look like a confident rider. She probably has never driven a motorcycle in her life before even on the relatively safe roads in Australia. Yet she rents a motorcycle in one of the most notorious countries in the world for traffic accidents and thinks everything will be fine. She was lucky as many tourists die in Thailand every year from traffic accidents.

I was in the hospital for four days and had to return on five occasions to have stitches removed, X-rays and dressings changed. In all of that time I never saw one animal in the hospital or the grounds.

As for rats, it insults the hospital and the staff to suggest that large rats are rampant within the hospital.

I might add that I was not even charged any money by the hospital for the treatment I received while staying in the hospital or for any aftercare.

All of the doctors speak good English and are mostly trained in Western countries. The nurses as is with most nursing staff anywhere in the world are caring and attentive.

Apart from the hospital being a little old I can compare the treatment I received there with any treatment I have received in Australian hospitals.

It is wrong for Ms Liddle’s family to belittle and insult the hospital and their staff to gain sympathy from people at home. I know she needs to get home as soon as possible but running down a fine hospital and medical staff is not the way to go about it.

It seems to me that people come to Thailand to holiday and as soon as they have a problem they blame everything on the Thai people or Thailand. Then after not reading the “Small Print” expect the Australian Government or the Australian people through crowdfunding to bail them out.

Gerald Hogg,

Australia

56 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I am not sure if she is here or even if she has been here but while I was checking I came across this piece that has been sent to The Phuket News and I hope it also gets to Australia media.

I saw this story on the Australian news (click here) and thought it grossly one sided and uninformed. I wrote to the news channel to try to give them a more unbiased view of the Vachira hospital. Please see my email below of my opinion of their biased reporting:

Although I sympathise with the lady who had the accident, I think what was reported regarding the Vachira Phuket Hospital to be grossly exaggerated.

I too had a motorcycle accident in Phuket a few months ago. I was taken to the same hospital and received excellent medical attention for the four days I was in the hospital. The wards are old, yes, but not filthy. This is after all a public funded hospital and is used mainly by Thai people.

There are no doctor’s surgeries in Thailand so the local Thais use the hospitals for any ailments and problems that we in Australia would normally see our GP for. In that respect obviously the government hospitals are very busy and the medical staff overworked.

These hospitals are there for the Thai people and I think its fantastic that they take foreigners who are sick or have accidents and treat them because they do not have or have invalidated their travel insurance by not checking what and what they are not insured for.

I am sure Ms Liddle did not also check that she needed a motorcycle licence to drive a motorbike in Thailand not a car driving licence like most tourists who flock here every year and rent motorcycles. Her insurance would not have been valid any way if she was driving on a car licence.

There are plenty of excellent private hospitals in Phuket if she is not happy with the Vachira hospital.

From the video I saw she was veering over the white lines and did not look like a confident rider. She probably has never driven a motorcycle in her life before even on the relatively safe roads in Australia. Yet she rents a motorcycle in one of the most notorious countries in the world for traffic accidents and thinks everything will be fine. She was lucky as many tourists die in Thailand every year from traffic accidents.

I was in the hospital for four days and had to return on five occasions to have stitches removed, X-rays and dressings changed. In all of that time I never saw one animal in the hospital or the grounds.

As for rats, it insults the hospital and the staff to suggest that large rats are rampant within the hospital.

I might add that I was not even charged any money by the hospital for the treatment I received while staying in the hospital or for any aftercare.

All of the doctors speak good English and are mostly trained in Western countries. The nurses as is with most nursing staff anywhere in the world are caring and attentive.

Apart from the hospital being a little old I can compare the treatment I received there with any treatment I have received in Australian hospitals.

It is wrong for Ms Liddle’s family to belittle and insult the hospital and their staff to gain sympathy from people at home. I know she needs to get home as soon as possible but running down a fine hospital and medical staff is not the way to go about it.

It seems to me that people come to Thailand to holiday and as soon as they have a problem they blame everything on the Thai people or Thailand. Then after not reading the “Small Print” expect the Australian Government or the Australian people through crowdfunding to bail them out.

Gerald Hogg,

Australia

As you said, you don't even know she is in Thailand, but still claim she should be held hostage by a lawsuit in Thailand.

Makes no sense, but enough of this non sensical suggestion.

The post you quoted has its own thread btw.

Yes the mother and cousin were both in Thailand and I believe that they have all left on the Medivac flight today and have already arrived back in Sydney.

I did not know about the new thread, thanks for that stevenl

Firstly, most of you Australians are great people.  Secondly, this woman's spokespeople are way out of line.  Being held hostage?  Yes, by the medivac company demanding to be paid first...unlike the Thai hospital.  Also, there are even doubts about a bed being available in her wonderful socialized system, that working people get taxed to the bone for every payday.  I can only comment on the government hospital in Chiang mai...huge, busy, clean, and not Caesar's.... highly competent though, and I wouldn't hesitate to be treated there.

I'll never know if she and her family stretched the truth to get crowd funding assistance, but one thing is certain crowd funding is doomed as it will be abused and most likely is. 

We just can't be trusted can we, what a disappointment.

1 hour ago, Oziex1 said:

I'll never know if she and her family stretched the truth to get crowd funding assistance, but one thing is certain crowd funding is doomed as it will be abused and most likely is. 

We just can't be trusted can we, what a disappointment.

do you honestly think a hospital with rats running around the wards and cats sleeping in the beds might actually be true ?

44 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

do you honestly think a hospital with rats running around the wards and cats sleeping in the beds might actually be true ?

And don't forget the dogs that were walking with the rats and the ants in the bed. Just read the reports from all the farangs that have used the medical and hospital services here in Thailand and Stacey's mother, cousin and friend are the only ones that have ever seen them. I hope this answers your question

Archived