Medical package for visitors from China

webfact

Medical package for visitors from China

74c83b03facee378d4dcc75d24dfcf3e.jpeg

App for tourists

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (M0U) with Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), The Viriyah Insurance, Angel Life Limited, and Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT) to launch a pilot project “Tourism Healthcare Emergency System”, aiming to raise the bar of comprehensive healthcare package for Chinese tourists.

The project consists of health insurance plans starting from Bt50 a day for medical coverage at BDMS hospitals nationwide and an innovative emergency healthcare app “ANGL Guard” to provide a list of nearby hospitals with maps, in-cluding 24-hour emergency service units.

The pilot project will enable tourists from China to access quick and effective medical services. Implementation of the project will kick off with Chinese tourists as the first group of tourists in Thailand.

Initially, “ANGL Guard” will operate in English and Mandarin. After applying for the “Tourism Healthcare Emergency System”, the app will ask the appicant to register, and provide his/her personal details. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30331535

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-14

17 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Given that Thai social security exists on the order of 20 baht per person per day I would say it sounds completely reasonable.

I've was in China for 4 years and in hospital twice the magic cure for everything  was Morphine, so 50 Bhat to the Chinese would be adequate

40 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

I've was in China for 4 years and in hospital twice the magic cure for everything  was Morphine, so 50 Bhat to the Chinese would be adequate

I spent 3 1/2 years in China and the magic cure was not morphine but saline drips with unknown and unspecified "stuff" being put into the saline.  The other magic cure response was, "Drink more hot water."  Never saw any positive results from either.

Edited by wotsdermatter