Insurance for Drones

The Thai Government has requested all Drones to be registered and to that end insurance is available. Coverage being :

Third Party Liability – Max 10m Baht

Death, Dismemberment Permanent Disability

Medical Expense

Property Damage

Bail bond

Cover for Drone 50% from the purchase value (not over 80,000)

Depending on size/cost/weight of the Drone there are 3 plans

Plan A for any type and Size of Drone but not exceeding than 25 .

Plan B a Drone not exceeding 2Kgs e.g. Phantom 3 and Typhoon Q500+

Plan C is for Drones from 2-25Kgs like Inspire 1/1Pro

For further information please request a detailed quote from the website :

www.aainsure.net

Looks interesting.  Our business has looking at using a drone for aerial photography of farms, and as this means flying over other people's businesses, insurance could be useful.  Probably just a Spark, as we need to travel to some remote areas so weight is important, although this is not only Thailand, so we'd need international cover. 

Pro size drones for pro usage (that remains hard to define as amateur drones today deliver 4k quality footage).... need a strong coverage due to their weight perhaos.....

...but what for the sunday afternoon amateur with his DJI Mavic Pro ?....... coverage should be appropriate and the premium must be very very reasonable...if not the amateur hobbyists will plainly remain the the grey zone and never conclude a insurance.

perhaps the first of it's kind to be advertised outright for drones. i've been flying rc aircraft models for nearly 10 years and have always sought for 3rd party insurance in case my models fail. to no avail, until now, because insurance companies didn't understand the risks. i suppose now they do. this is a positive effect brought about by the  call for drone registration. let's just hope that the insurance premiums won't be too high and restrictive

Be aware if you request this insurance you will wait two weeks for them to issue a policy, which means you will encounter another delay in registering your drone, added to the CAAT estimate of 60 day processing time :

From CAAT:

If we don't have your insurance paperwork, we can't process the approval for you........It will take approximately 60 days to get the result before I can process the approval.

From AA:

Thank you for your payment, we received your payment already, please see attachment.
The original policy will take time about 2 weeks and we will keep inform you again when it arrived.

22 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Be aware if you request this insurance you will wait two weeks for them to issue a policy, which means you will encounter another delay in registering your drone, added to the CAAT estimate of 60 day processing time :

From CAAT:

From AA:

Seems they are being overly cautious - just had my policy through in 8 days which is normal for insurance policies

Just now, canopus1969 said:

Seems they are being overly cautious - just had my policy through in 8 days which is normal for insurance policies

Drone insurance or car / home / accident insurance ?

Agent told me that they can provide car cover instantly but these "supplemental" policies have to be written from scratch, ergo the 2 week delay

On 11/21/2017 at 7:40 AM, irwinfc said:

perhaps the first of it's kind to be advertised outright for drones. i've been flying rc aircraft models for nearly 10 years and have always sought for 3rd party insurance in case my models fail. to no avail, until now, because insurance companies didn't understand the risks. i suppose now they do. this is a positive effect brought about by the  call for drone registration. let's just hope that the insurance premiums won't be too high and restrictive

Seems reasonable, paid 3,000 Baht for 1m Baht of cover

• 8 months later...

Bump!

Is there any new/updated info on Drone insurance providers and cost in Thailand, or is there another thread I haven't been able to find?

Also does anyone have the NBTC forms?  All the links elsewhere are dead.  Is the NBTC form still necessary? or only the CAAT forms

Cheers

Archived